[PK] Faith

Valannor

"All find solace... Upon the Shore." Some far-flung, long-lost vestige moans, its voices drowned by the corrupted cacophony that surrounds and consumes it.

The once proud geist of ebriaetal authority wandered the depthful halls of their dreaded home. He stood, and stared, and waited......for a time. He looked upon the stone that promised he and his kinsmen their eternality, and oh how he weeped as the light simply refused to return to the bindings of the lost Hound. Red robes had been scorched an ashen gray, and bones had been immolated and tainted black by the geist's hubris......It stood and stared, with the patience that had always been apart of him. That patience that allowed him to scheme on grand plots of grandeur for he and his teacher, his faithful guide....but just as one figure had left him in the beginnings of his life, another now left him in the true beginnings of his unlife. Patience deepened the ambient sorrow of the geist, and deepened still to unholy sacraments of bloody hatred. He had vowed that should that faithful guide be taken from him by those foolish errants, he would have their heads....and now that patience brought him back to his scheming..his waiting......his pondering and his dreaded plotting. He would have his Brother, His Faithful Teacher and Guide restored....one head collected at a time.....

Even in the Fourth Sky, Blessed Nicolas heard about the destruction of Ando Alur and the lives perished there. He went searching, wondering if the creature would arrive in the Skies or end its life in the Void. He searched and he searched.  "My first opponent in life. I had hoped, a redeemed companion in final death. I pray to the Almighty Father that I am wrong, that my ability to find is lacking, even in this perfect place. I do not wish to face you again at the end of all things."

A scrap of paper was found amongst the belongings of Joaquin of Osanora as his cave was searched by the church, after his death, hidden among sheaths of documents he had kept and annotated. It bore a curious message. "In the crypts of the fallen king, I chanced upon a hound. It was lost, roped by a master unwilling to part with it. That master was hubris. We parleyed, and I banished the hound from the fallen kingdom, so that HIS purging hand could continue unabated. And yet, I sit here and wonder. Is hubris my sin as well?"

Alone, in the dark, in the rain, amongst ruins and shades, a lone woman, cold and pleading, calls out to the empty night. "Hello?!"