[PK] The Amber Fox, The Son of Malin

exanimated

oof.thumb.png.f2f095b6dcdc1f1db2e02415aa3f6463.png

Wide eyes, tear stained cheeks, dry lips, mouth hung agape

Unable to move, unable to speak, unable to look away as the city began to crumble and fall.

As her husband fought underneath, and died.

She felt his passing, the voices of Nature carrying their sorrow to her as she was pulled away from the city’s destruction. It was all she could feel as she ran to the cold walls of the Vale in search of her mother. And as soon as it hit her, everything was different, everything went by in a blur.

There was no color, no sound. Food had no taste, textures had no feel. Days on days without eating, without sleeping. The sun was no longer warm, the feel of her mothers’ embrace no longer comforting. 

How does one live without their other half, how can there be a ying without a yang, how can there be tides with no moon. How can she exist without him.

She keeps going for the sake of her children, for her duty, but she is only part of what she was before, a fraction of her soul is what remains.

She will never forget, she will never be whole again.

Silence came from the Brylynn home that night. The Deep Cold... fitting time for the resemblence of death to those who knew them so well.

No one returned home after finding out the Zolvan Vuln'muriel had died. When people flocked to the city, Syllana stood there, seeing Zolvan enter. Now, she sits in the forest with her new fox friend. A Vuln'muriel trial she had passed through. Unrecognisable words mumbled under the poor girl's breath. The only father figure who she barely even knew was gone before they even had the chance to be family. For real this time. 

The soon to be Vuln'muriel wrote down her thoughts on parchment, a letter to her husband. Every single word she felt about this had been spilled out onto the inked words, no pauses. She took a deep breath, letting her emotions consume her as she wrote. 

"Maln is gone..."

"Gone."

"Gone."

"You are true - A true Elverhilin. Maruthir. One of the free ones who lived away from the foolish infighting of the family."

And though he could not help but blame Tahlia for the man's passing. He knew deep down that it was inevitable. A good man, out to preserve the balance the three of them so earnestly believed in. And though his disdain for the woman still remain. He beckoned himself to forgive. It was not her fault, it would never be her fault. 

Zolvan was good. Zolvan was just. He was the guiding figure the 'aheral needed to continue down the righteous path. Their moments together, as not just cousins, but brothers - Would forever be placed in good memory. 

Fighting in general is foolish. It is healing that is worthwhile. 

From now, onward. The druid could only uphold to his cousin's mission. To preserve and protect. But to not let go of what makes one a descendant: foolishness, selfishness, and desire.  For they are only natural. 

"I suppose? I never really considered myself so."

"If he was there, you already know what happened to him."

Though Seraphite hadn't known Zolvan well, the two only crossing paths from time to time, his death struck her- unlike the many she knew to have happened.

As the city fell, the actions from it shaking the ground all stood on, Seraphite knew any who entered would not return.

Convincing people of such would be much harder, she came to find.

"He's long gone."

Spoiler

And so it was that day o' sullen eve, 

Two fell as one, their kindred bereaved. 

Bound 'twixt blackened swell and eternity's tears,

Hallowed be they, for all their years. 

Silently elsewhere a former child soldier weeps for Zolvan. 

Spoiler

Tahlia Faevan sat down where she hid, griefing for what she had caused. "Rest in peace llir, I'm sorry for what I have brought you. I will make it up to you, I promise."  The 'ame would say before speaking a prayer before sitting for a rest.

... She killed him.

Prince Amaesil Vuln'miruel lowers the paper slowly. His brown eyes turn misty and distant. His hand begins to tighten slowly into a fist. The paper crumples to mulch. Tears begin to roll down his cheeks, but his face remains stern. Wrath fills the young elf's features.

"... Haelun." With that, Amaesil rushes for the Grove.

While they'd not known each other in life, Brother Amber would find himself soon welcomed with open arms into the Forest. For the Lamb Druid all her kin to come to life's end would be welcomed into that perhaps strange land.

Had he any questions, she would do her best to answer them. 

Were there any other spirits he sought, she would guide him to their place lest they come to welcome him first.

For the fallen it was time to rest, to settle in, and to decide how one sought to spend the rest of their days.

"Maybeh Mavis es bad luck... es t'at two now?" The Grand King pauses for a moment before letting out a quiet sigh before tossing the missive into the fire.

Just now, Willstertheking2 said:

"Maybeh Mavis es bad luck... es t'at two now?" The Grand King pauses for a moment before letting out a quiet sigh before tossing the missive into the fire.

Die

Even Khroll, an elf so worn with time, so mad - Burst into laughter, and sobbing. He cackled and wept, bronze claw digging into his cheek amidst such hysteria. 

Spoiler

Indigo Jack feels a tear of sad pity, as word begins to spread throughout the lands of this great tragedy. Despite being a money loving pirate, such loss of life is immense, and weighs heavy on the soul. Upon the deck of The Samaritan's Lament, Jack wheels out the pipe organ, and begins to play a mournful tune, at first humming a sad tune, and then slowly working up to singing a shanty passed down through the ages. His crew follows along, and eventually, they form a chorus of sad voices. Their tune carries through the streets of Yong Ping, and if one could listen closely, traces of it were heard on the wind. 

Edited by KunLunKungFu

"You were the best thing to happen to me little one, you came to me and I knew from that moment that I wanted to take care of you."

Katari recalled the bittersweet words from her youth, she always loved her father. She never once blamed him for the loss of her arm and even when she lost him and he her- she searched for him, looking for him for nearly 70 years. 

Finally she had found him! While traveling to the place she'd least expect him, she caught sight of him in the Druids. She still remembered the embrace they shared as her father was hers once again. 

"N-No, this can't be right? I-I just found him! N-No damn it! Give him back!"

The now grown elf fell apart at the news. She collapsed upon hearing such and gave up. She couldn't live without him again. The High elf packed up her things and left the druids, disappearing.