Your View - Clipping the Wings of Birds

ScreamingDingo

this is dumb, mods can ban people and check for meta (theres always discord)

the only bird mechanic that should stay is housemagery letter delivery, and it should only be possible from the household of the player with this magic -- or from a MArt designated as a hub in which to send/receive letters akin to an aviary, therefore requiring that a player be in proximity to this before sending a bird

i have always hated the pocket pigeons people have, but i do think the housemage spell is 100% fine as of current, although if these measures were added it should be reduced to what i mentioned above. likewise regular aviaries should be a thing. +1 if in support of the above rather than whole removal

IRP couriers? Kinda based. As long as there is a mechanic to replace it I see no issue with the removal of birds. Aviary plug-in would be cool to see as well but alas I do not know the feasibility of such a thing.

I hate birds. I hate them so much please bring in an aviary system.

4 minutes ago, JoanOfArc said:

I think it's dumb that you can be in the same city as someone when you log off but can't log on via discord pm-- but you can bird someone across the map by sending a bird from Haelun'or to firelands. Personally, I think birds should only be for non-combat encounters.

I highly agree with this post from JOA, as /msg keeps things clean and simple

I agree that for conflict like CRP or PvP birds should be stricly disallowed in exchange for a better method of getting backup, but for something casual such as meeting up with your buddies in roleplay for a chat about whatever, it shouldn't need to be a hassle. At that point it'll just irritate people more than anything 

like imagine trying to meet up with your friend for casual RP and then a mod bans you for metagaming

Beacon birds, floating light balls and all forms of /msg rallying should be gassed. I've only used birds recently if it was with an in game aviary or something and was just to let folks know to come on by so I could speak with them IRP.

Courier rp like calabreeni's would be kino. 

2 minutes ago, Dogged said:

this is dumb, mods can ban people and check for meta (theres always discord)

Messages require exact time-stamps and Admin/Tech intervention to keep track of. It's an unsustainable system, and discord roleplay is currently invalid so meta-gaming through that will lead to a ban, either way.

I personally feel that the /msg mechanic should be removed and not replaced with anything period. It promotes RP to have a letter left in your mailbox or have a friend stop by for tea to have a chat instead of discussing over messages for an hour.

Genocide the avian population, I can finally do post master general RP.

Personally, I would enjoy it if nations had to set up their own system for sending and receiving letters, such as a post office with couriers. That or if we try to get that bird plugin completed. 

Snip snip little birdie...

I don't want to see birds anymore they make no RP sense, a bird is not going to find you when you're halfway between Haense and Norland on some random road unless it's been trained to specifically fly to that rock. Besides that they offer very little to RP other than a chance to metagame.