Your View - Clipping the Wings of Birds

ScreamingDingo

Only remove birds if you have an alternative that is easily accessible to everyone. 

2 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

I agree that for conflict like CRP or PvP birds should be stricly disallowed in exchange for a better method of getting aid, but for something casual such as meeting up with your buddies in roleplay for a chat about whatever, it shouldn't be a hassle

Couldn't have said it better. It's just a fun roleplay tidbit that otherwise shouldn't be used in something that actually matters. 

i only rlly like birds for non-combat situations where its just for convenience sake of retaining some kind of rp while communicating with someone

Birds should still be a thing but not just emoting to get a bird then sending it. I think perhaps paying a fee to send a bird or aviaries would be a cool aspect. 

So, pvp groups just use discord comms to rally instead and 'happen' upon the conflict. Right atleast they had to pretend to not meta with the birds.

Birds, for years, have been used in conjunction with people stalling emotes in order to get reinforcements. It's especially strange when people have their creatures locate the person they're attempting to contact with zero effort even if that creature has never met them before. People also use other types of animals, such as penguins, ducks, wolves, etc. to deliver their messages which violates my fragile immersion. 

If people want to send letters to their friends that's fine - but make it so it's delivered to a mail hub in a city rather than the individual. That way, letters can only be sent if one is either out of conflict or at the town's aviary. The recipient would be unable to receive the bird if they are in conflict or otherwise busy as they've yet to check their mail. It's annoying to have someone break RP suddenly with an emote of a great falcon landing on their shoulder delivering a message.

Invest in mail, not heat-seeking torpedos.

Are we still going to be able to use /msg for like msging our friends goofy oocly?

It has to be all or nothing. If it is only disallowed for conflict then the line of meta and birds is merged with the incredibly gray area that is what is and isn't conflict. As with many of the current policies where it's up to moderation to make rulings, it's impossible to keep things consistent and certain people will be allowed to do something that others will be punished for. If birds are disallowed entirely then it's as simple as, no one can do that anymore (which I personally am against). If they're not removed then things continue as normal.

I say we kill the birds and remove pvp from the server also. 

I like birds.

If some sort of simple plugin is introduced for it I won't complain. If there there were to be aviarys like some other comments are suggesting I would want them to be accessible to smaller settlements and not just cities.

Otherwise not too fussed. Sending a letter doesn't need to be a perfect system in my eyes

Every city should have an aviary to send and receive birds from, settlements and forts should be able to get aviarys, they should be a global system, so if I send Screamingdingo a bird from Providence and he is in Sutica, a little message should pop up suggesting he should check his local aviary, he goes to the aviary in sutica and receives my bird. 

Sending/receiving should be unlimited and free.

Make an aviary cost like 1000 minas or something. 

HAVE A NOTIFICATION SYSTEM FOR WHEN SOMEONE GETS A LETTER IN THEIR AVIARY, this is mineman roleplay, I shouldnt have to check my mailbox 24/7. 

I'm gonna be real with you I dunno about this one homeboy.

1 minute ago, Taketheshot said:

Every city should have an aviary to send and receive birds from, settlements and forts should be able to get aviarys, they should be a global system, so if I send Screamingdingo a bird from Providence and he is in Sutica, a little message should pop up suggesting he should check his local aviary, he goes to the aviary in sutica and receives my bird. 

Sending/receiving should be unlimited and free.

Make an aviary cost like 1000 minas or something. 

HAVE A NOTIFICATION SYSTEM FOR WHEN SOMEONE GETS A LETTER IN THEIR AVIARY, this is mineman roleplay, I shouldnt have to check my mailbox 24/7. 

I like this idea for an alternative.

18 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

like imagine trying to meet up with your friend for casual RP and then a mod bans you for metagaming

This

haha we just ended up in the same spot bro don't worry dude I didn't have discord open in the background haha bro no dude I didn't need a bird it was just a coincidence haha. I don't think removing birds will do anything until staff start handing out bans for meta powergaming and **** quality rp.