Everything Dies [Semi-Shelving]

Juno.

Spoiler

-=-

1130831396_alsolit.thumb.jpg.acd80301b7b8af27da8eb89ff5f0ab80.jpg

“Ouch!”

The elven child hissed as a splinter wedged itself between her bare toes, her soles not used to walking the rough path ahead of her. She had always stuck to the soft moss of her forest, never wandering too far into the mountainous terrain. However, she was ten now, and that meant, in her mind, that she was ready for a new challenge. No matter how much her feet bleed, she would make it to the top of this mountain!

The redhead brushed her unruly hair from her sage green gaze, accidentally wiping some dirt on her face in the process, before stealing her resolve to keep going. The girl had only taken one more step before she heard a desperate cry in the wounds, high pitched and terrified. The lari knew that sound, it was the sound of prey before being killed for dinner, but this time it sounded so much younger, and so much more scared. 

She changed course and went off her current path through a dense part of her forest, one that only her mother would go through while she stayed home. Thorns caught on her freckled skin and wolves howled in the distance, but the girl kept going, curiosity willing her to find what had made that noise. Louder and louder it got as she kept going, as did the howling of the wolves and rustling amongst the bushes until finally she found the source. Just among some berry bushes lay an injured kit, it’s leg seemingly broken, and it was all alone.

Aww, where’s your momma?

The girl cooed as the baby fox bared its teeth, nipping at the elf in fear. She paid no mind however, as she scooped the skinny animal up in her arms and held it close to her chest.

“Don’t be scared, I’m not gonna hurt ya. Can’t say the same for the wolves though.”

The movement of said wolves’ quick feet were starting to close in, and even as the fox cried and clawed in protest, the child ran off with it in her arms, all the way back home.

“Haelun! Look what I got!”

The sound of groaning and the shuffling of books sounded from within the small cottage, a darker skinned woman sticking her head from out of her nook.

“What now Mavis...I thought I told you to play outside!”

“I did play outside haelun, and look what I found!”

“Great, a pet, and a sick one at that. Let the wolves feed on it, child, it won’t last long anyway.”

“Yes it will! I’m going to heal her! And she’s not a pet, she’s my friend!”

“Animals aren’t friends Mavis! Now put it out before it makes a mess!”

“FINE”

The child shouted as she turned and slammed the door on her mother, stomping off into a little cave where she liked to play. Frustrated tears streamed down her cheeks as she settled in her nest, setting the kit beside her as she began to wash it’s leg with her bowl of water.

“Don’t listen to haelun, she’s a meanie. I’m going to take care of you and we’re going to be friends! So don’t worry, you’ll make it, and I’m going to call you Lune! You can call me Mavis.”

Mavis healed the kit and raised it in her cave, playing and enjoying the fox’s company for several months until winter came, and the vulpine grew sick. No matter how hard she tried, the child was unable to heal the fox now, and it died only after a year of being rescued. The child carried the dead fox into her mother’s cottage once again, the woman looking up at the animal in her arms with the same expression as before.

“See? What did I tell you? It wasn’t going to make it.”

“B-But I f-fixed her...and she was d-doing fine..”

“Go bury it and get over it, Mavis.”

“Everything dies.”

“Everything dies.”

She repeated those words as she kneeled before her husband's grave, a hand on her growing stomach. The Grove had grown quiet over the years, and the Fox had grown used to it’s silence. For no matter how quiet it got, no matter how many of her friends, family, and children moved on, she always had him. She always had her other half.

Not anymore.

He had died, just like her sick friend. Just like the human Haense-man from her monster hunting days. Just the ferret loving druid she had first befriended. Just like the woman who had continued raising her in that wood elven village, and taught her most of what she knew today.

And now, the silence had become unbearable.

Using her scythe to come to a stand, and with two other staves and a pack on her back, the lari walked over to the bulletin board underneath the towering tree. She took out the note she had rewritten several times, crumbled as it hadn’t been so neatly tucked in her pocket, and pinned it to the board next to the drawing of a fox she had made. A whistle then followed for her companions, each vulpine wearing a golden circlet around its neck, and each receiving a letter before running off to their locations. They would find her again in the wilderness.

A heavy sigh left her chapped lips as she looked back over the Grove, at her home in the distance, and the pool that poured down below. She allowed herself one last option, before closing her eyes and turning towards the gate.

“Don’t forget me.”

And then she ran, and was gone.

-=-

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the all wonderful rp you have given me on this character. I’ve been playing her since I first joined the server, about a year and a half ago, and I think it’s time I put her away for now. However, she is not completely going away as you will notice I said this was a semi-shelf! What I mean by that is that I’m still going to hop on her to teach her students, interact with her seed/children, and whenever someone messages me on discord that they wish to send her a bird! She will still be reachable while on her journey, and will return for rp when asked! I just will not be playing her as my main anymore or hoping on just to walk around and do casual rp. I will only hop on her when there is a set purpose for such. I will bring her back in the future when I feel the time is right!

Thank you all for everything

<3

Seraphina sat at the edge of a pond secluded by tall trees and a dense brush. The sight in-front of the druid was beautiful, sun rays shone through the canopy above, reflecting off the water and mist from a nearby waterfall and casting a golden light across her face.

Her eyes though, ignored all of it and were stuck on a necklace of wolven teeth resting on her wooden palm, after a sigh she pulled it around her neck and let it rest against her chest as her vacant eyes moved to stare off over the water while she allowed nature's song to fill her mind.

After some time of her sitting there while she traced the carved fox on her wooden arm with her normal fingers a sound in the brush pulled her attention back. As she turned her head to the brush a fox came at her, it's mouth a mess of red from berries and it's paws all dirty from running about. A sad smile came over Sera's face as it came up to her, placing it's head in her lap and looking up at her.

She began to scratch behind it's ears as she looked back out and began to talk in a cracking voice as tears began to trail down her cheeks.

"Things are so different..."

She quietly mumbled as she pulled the fox into her lap, soon curling around it as she held herself and the fox with her arms.

"I thought... nothing could hurt more then Syllia's passing"

She took a shaky breath as she began gently petting the fox's head.

"But now? Watching my family slowly fall apart... after thinking I finally found a proper home"

Sera took a deep rattling gasp of air as she tried not to break into a full sob.

"Well, I guess I could always start again, wouldn't be the first time. A- and now I have Ventys... and you, and Reta... p- plus the order is always there..."

The tears didn't stop, Seraphina broke as her voice began quivering and she started sobbing while she held her companion, once again feeling alone.

"Right Mavis?"

She spoke directly to the fox, who she had been so happy to finally show Sonna and laugh over the name she decided to give her, before Zolvan passed.

The Vuln'miruel felt like she did years ago, before the village, before the Druidic Order, before her new family. Alone, in the snow, with a barely there fire, crying for a family she no longer felt she had.

[!] A raven would search out for Sonna, a letter with it

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to see you off lari'onn, good luck, I'll miss you, and I'll always be here for you.

I love you sister"

-Your loving sister

Seraphina Vuln'miruel