The Story of Princess Katerina Ceciliya Barbanov [NOT A PK]

MissToni

Spoiler

The Story of Princess

- Katerina Ceciliya Barbanov -

-vEFE4pm2DpBbFOvJSOYtgvjmUSwn3ZPDRvTWls-ADWhuxPlBDv04yMgm-eikVjdnmXK3ewF122RqoWb5I40Ev2JmHX01Yju3o_dh_V__JpHigl07ezDq80OQ0K5endr3kR7Mf3T=s0

[!] A painting depicting Katerina surrounded by her brother and her mother, Heinrik and Isabel, in the form of a venomous snake. 

- Please do not metagame the information in this post -

It’s just a post I made to end Katerina’s story in Haense, and the start of a new life for her. So unless you know of any of this in roleplay then do not metagame!

P.S: There are some triggering topics in this post like mental and physical abuse.

A lone figure could be seen on the road leading to the city of Karosgrad, onyx locks flowing in the harsh and cold wind. Somber blue eyes watching, her hand holding a bag packed full along with a living green doll resembling that of a dragon with its own little backpack. Memories flashed in her mind as she stood there.

"Vyr borsa needs vy, Katerina. The crown is a heavy burden and he will need his family”. “I know mamej, I will become a medic to protect him!” Family… Is that what we were? The memories of her mother were so strong and loving, yet every sentence she said felt like poison. “But my mother offered me protection from him,” she would always tell herself to sleep better. But protection from what? Her mother threw her own daughter to the wolves all because she was bored: made up rumours and wrote horrible things about Katerina in her stupid paper. Her mother used her kindness against her to manipulate her into staying and caring for her brother when all he did was hurt her. How could she still have love for her mother when she had put her through so much hurt and suffering for her own amusement? “A family,” she pondered, “that was no family.”

"I promise I won’t marry you off to a man below the status of Grand Duke, sestra” She knew it would come, every princess had a duty to their kingdom to marry for security and status. She had hoped her brother would be different. That was the day it all started going downhill, after the death of their father and that stupid room they all gathered in: the last day of proper peace and when her brother’s love turned wicked. Why could they not have stayed young, she pondered to herself?

Her hand tightened on the straps of her bag from the memories. She knew better than to go back into the whirlwind of emotions that came with it, yet her mind never allowed her such peace. Her dreams haunted her during the night and day, tiring her every waking moment. But she had decided this time to not get stuck, so she allowed herself to feel every memory that came rushing upon her this time. Her eyes closed.

"So I can’t do what they do, I just have to sit still and look pretty,” the girl in her memory asked, her tone hurt yet carrying a trace of fear before a pair of dull blue eyes- why was it always those eyes- that stared back down at her. A threatening emotion in the visage of the raven haired boy the eyes belonged to before he spoke “Vy are the prinzenas royal of Haense!” Then in a flash it ended and the next memory swept her away.

Katerina was now back in the library in the palace. She knew which memory was to come, she always hated that library. The bad memories were too strong compared to the good ones there. Then a voice rang out in the air; “It’s niet fair, borsa! My uncles get to join the military. Why can’t I join as a field medic?” The girl cried out in a hushed whisper so the rest in the room would not hear them. His eyes turned dark as he loomed over her in a threatening manner. “I’m the Koeng, and if vy don’t stop arguing I will lock vy up in vyr room until vy are eighteen and never be allowed to see vyr friends,” the raven haired boy yelled back at her in a whisper, only her friend Mariya hearing the conversation as she stood close enough to the two. As the boy turned around to leave he punched the book shelves in a loud bang. The girl flinched before she broke down into a sobbing mess.

Her own hand reached up to her cheek; when had she started to cry? Katerina knew why: the memories still affected her until this day. Fifteen… She had been so young during that fight, so young and full of life once. The curse of the Barbanov princesses felt almost real to her. Why else would her life be filled with so much suffering? A shivering breath, when had she forgotten to breathe? She did not know, but had no time to wonder before the next memory swept over her.

"Vy will nie longer be the Prinzenas Royal or the Baroness of Antioch. Vy will just be Prinzenas Katerina now sestra.” Heinrik spoke, they were both older now. “Why? Is this because of the paper claiming I am homosex, vy know that is just falsities borsa!” she cried at him in anger. Wanting to cling to the titles her late father had given her, the only person in this dreaded family that had cared for her and been so kind with her. Mariya did not count after all, she was married into the Barbanov house, but she too had been there for her all those years. “I do niet believe in those gossip papers. But people do, I will find vy a husband now that vy shall marry to end these rumours.” he said, his eyes glaring daggers into her, daring her to continue. But Katerina had been foolish enough to continue in her desperate plea to still hold onto something that mattered to her. “Please borsa, that will just make people believe the rumours more by forcing me to marry!” And so he struck her on her face. A dark bruise began to form on her cheek. The girl fell silent for the first time as she left. Plotting to run away afterwards. Why had she not stayed in Oren when she had done so.

Her memories at last ending. Her mother had died some years later, never apologizing for what she had done to her daughter. She could still feel the lingering shock and hurt when her uncle told them all in the church of her own mother being the author of hearsay. She could never forgive her, she had pretended to of course. But it was a lie, always had been and always would be. She knew Heinrik had apologized to her and stopped the abuse. But it had not mattered, the memories haunted her forever of what her brother had done to her and to her closest friend Mariya. She was gone now, lingering in the seven skies. Waiting to be reunited with Katerina, but it would not be today. “Vy will have to wait a while Mariya, I want to live first. But I can niet do it here in Haense, so watch me from the skies as I leave, da? I could need an extra push vy know...” A soft wind suddenly blew at her as if telling her to leave. And so the woman turned away, wiping away the tears as she did. Not once looking back while she travelled.

“Dravi Haense.”

Letters had been delivered to a few individuals

Tarathiel Asul’onn @Valannor

Spoiler

"If you come looking for me in Haense, I write to you to tell you that I have left the kingdom. I will write to you again once I have decided where to next so that you can come visit me. You and your whole family made my life more bearable when I lived there. I can never thank you enough. 

Aestenia Aevaris @Maevlin

Spoiler

You will become proud to hear I finally got up and left. You always saw that I was stuck, why I stayed… I think because of you and my friends, you were like a mother to me. Kind and loving, I wish you had been my real mother. I would have had a happy life then. Once I find my new place to live I shall write to you so you can come visit me. Thank you for always being there for me, Teni. I miss you!”

Stefan Vyronov @Wolfey34

Spoiler

I am leaving you to the wolves with your family… I apologize, but I can’t do it anymore. I need out, and have decided to leave Haense. I won’t ever return there, but once I have found my new place to live you and your family can come visit me. As you will always be welcome in my home.”

Friedrich Barclay @ColdestPepsi

Spoiler

I have always looked up to you, and the military became horrible when you ended your time as lord marshal. The Ruthern boy is not like you, he never will be. You truly cared about your soldiers, treated us like a second family. And you let me into your home when I needed to escape from my brother. I will write to you once I have decided where I will settle down next. The whole Barclay family will be invited to come and visit me. But I will never return to Haense.”

Dr. Aestenia Aevaris had gotten a letter, keeping to her home as she had after leaving Surgeon General, and her face fell. Yet another reason to keep going into the city just left. "Just promise me you will stay safe my dear."

Nikolas glanced idly at the emptied rooms of his sister as he passed them in the corridor one day to offer a simple shrug. They'd never been close, she was always a certain age gap between them. He offered a silent prayer in the hopes she would one day find peace from the time with their brother.

Turri Songbird adjusts his comically small violin as he sits cross-legged on the ground outside. As Katerina walks past, he gives an awkward smile and half a wave.

"Have a nice day!" he says with a smile, before starting up a slow tune on his instrument, humming deeply.