[PK] THE LAST PRAYER

rep2k

As Tylos I, once Alfred Barclay, was enveloped by the blessed light and warmth of the Seven Skies, through those emanations which partition the Skies did Jude II descend. He took his place among those other family and friends who came to meet the late High Pontiff at the gates, stepping forth to greet the Barclay then. Dressed in vestments of the purest white, healed of his scars and with both hands outstretching to grasp Tylos by the arms, he spoke, "Dear brother, I welcome you to your eternal home. You, a worthy successor, truly do depart from that world below with a legacy of glory to leave the people you have served dutifully--yet, of course, as for all Vicars of God, glory only unto Him. You have done well."

"Now, High Pontiff Tylos, once His Eminence, Alfred Barclay of my College, you are rewarded by God, joining Him and the many faithful in eternal rest." he said. "Though, verily, as Father Seraphim said unto me upon my passing, it is the work of the shepherd which does not end upon passing through these here Gates, for it is the virtues of our labors that give us wholeness in His Truth. As we have served in life, we shall serve in death and we, forever to rejoice in those great gifts of the Lord. And therefore, do rejoice, my friend, for you are now with God."

Jude II left his successor, Tylos I, to ascend to that Sky of which God had chosen for the 54th bearer of the Laurel. Certainly Tylos I, once Alfred Barclay, was deserving of that great reward--that great, holy expanse of the heavens.

Edited by GoldWolf

Ser Brandt Barclay, Tylos I's favourite cousin awaits him with open arms in the Seven Skies "Come your Holiness, time to get piss drunk, just like we used to in our youth" he chuckled

Katerina Ceciliya uttered some prayers that day upon hearing the news of the pontiff's death. Her heart feeling heavy before uttering the words

"Spasiba for showing me guidance during harsh times and offering advice when I needed it. I pray vy reach the seven skies safely"

Vladrick Cardinal Sava would stare down at the announcement "Alfred was in good health last time I saw him, he can't he-" he'd choke on his words are tears begun to run down his face soaking the parchment. "Vy treated me like I was your son, vy were more of a father to me than my own" he'd croak before completely breaking down in his office

"Damn..." muttered Henry Bishop upon hearing the news of the High Pontiffs death.

Klaus Barclay read the letter sent to the family with a somber look, clasping his hands together as he prayed for the first time in a long while "Requiescat in Pace, cousin. Say hallo to opa und vater for me."

Patriarch Yaromir lit many candles in the Basilica and silently prayed for Tylos' soul.

Ser Reinhardt Barclay was sadden by the passing of Al, he signed the lloraine, praying for Pontiff’s safe passage into the Seven Skies. “Danke Onkle Alfred, for all du have done, Rest Easy Big Pope, du have done great things and history shall remember du” He said going to check on his 1 year old son

...And so the Poet saw, papers 'neath her hands crumbling.  A man she knew, a man she'd hoped to visit once again- nay, not hope, planned. Hope had been lost with time, replaced with a bittersweet numbness of her thoughts. Hushed whispers she gave as she rose, her desk now without any comfort. Off the woman went to silently mourn through her days- out of no sadness, but respect.

A frame pressed back into the crimson cloth of a refined chair, molding forcefully into its confines for some sort of half-hearted solace. The recent news of said blessed death hit the elfess akin to a boulder. With only a hastily poured glass of wine to comfort her as she miserably fell down a maze of thoughts and memories - from ages before most - to the lands of Kaedrin. 

Firstly - She thought of her sweet Nenica, capturing the youth alongside her twin within the desolated orphanage within a young age of her own, and bringing the babe home to raise her as her own. She thought of the St. Thomas in which the green-eyed girl was memorized with; as if it were one of the living heavens. 

Secondly - She thought of that large tree of a man within the old Haenseti Basilica, pivoting before the men of the north and men of ivory as he fought, shielding away corrupt yet frighten clergy. She had thought him misguided but she had also thought him a martyr. Who was he? Those eyes of green. That face so familiar. Only caught in a glimpse of shining armor and devoted fury.  And then later on after the action had been done, and she could do nothing, she heard of the most devastating news. He had belonged to her sweet Nenica.

Lastly - She thought of that boy named Alfred. That boy who loved her daughter; who protected her when she could not; who gave her a life of purity and normalcy. The boy who without doubt supported the family he loved, the boy who rescued her blood from ruins and made it his own. She primarily disliked the partners of her long passed faux-children. But, this one was different. He had followed the path of GOD and would join her beloved Godric in the seven skies. 

As the elfess glanced to that single candle flickering toward her right, it was joined with a set of emerald rings, one for a woman and one for a man. She had lost a son that night. 

Nenica Barclay offers her husband a curt smile, enveloping him into a short embrace. "Welcome home my dear," She'd hum, her emerald eyes meeting his facade once more with a proud smile.

Philip Michael rushed into the Basilica of Ascent of Exalted Godfrey, falling to the ground on knees and lowering his head into silent prayer.

A now saddened Owyn lit a candle for his old guardian and friend in the Basilica "Thank you, one day we will meet again."