[PK] THE LAST PRAYER

rep2k

Once the Bishop of Henrikev, Bishop Ivarus would see his old mentor / old Patriarch of the Jorenus diocese also known as Alfred (or Tylos) enter the Seven Skies. "And now to witness the pious Canonists continue the work to spread the faith of the only One and True God. Now that your work is done.." Bishop Ivarus patted his old friend Alfred upon his shoulder with a smile. "Now, let us get some heavenly Carrion Black!"

The Holy Knight sat on some inn somewhere as he heard of the news, he signed the lorraine as he heard it "Requiescat In Pace, Your Holiness." he'd said in a mournful tone as he rose the mug in the air afterwards as a sign of respect to the man who knighted him.

Edited by Tetho

The Bishop of Rochefort raises a painting of the late Pontiff in his office. That clergyman frowns slightly as he looks upon the face of Tylos l and mutters quietly "I'll miss you in this mortal life.." but at that his frown dissipates "but we will meet again."

Adrianna Barclay reads the missive with wide tearful eyes hearing of The Pontiff's passing. "Nicht Onkle Alfred... Nicht him too! I-Ich wast going to ask him to do mein wedding... It would have been ein honour-!" She whimpers, then searching for her fiancé to console her.

Dame Lynette Mendez was walking through the streets of Karosgrad and caught a glimpse of the missive in passing. She stops in her tracks at the news and blinks in surprise. "What-? Not another Pontiff! Oh Godan, I.. When Pontiff Jude died it was in Friedrich's tenure, now Pontiff Tylos in Ailred's? Don't tell me I'll witness the death of another Holy Man before I myself die.. The Knights and Holy Knights and Canonist soldiers must be failing in their duty.."

Cardinal Providentia fell to his knees in the Basilica of the Ascension of Exalted Godfrey. He lowered his head before the altar and clasped his hands together. The cleric then prayed for the late High Pontiff. "May you find eternal rest. Amen."

Father Paco prays for Alfred, thinking he did a good job as High Pontiff and GOD will reward him.

"Dios mio, surely the secularist will say we need a woman High Pontiff now," He fears deep down.

Anna d'Arkent sunk into her couch once she read the news. A long time friend, mentor, and paternal figure had gone to the seven skies. A few tears did spring forward, but more it was what she muttered to herself "Please, please be okay. I will miss you greatly and you shall be the last. I think perhaps it is time..." She would wait of course, until she was a little better mentally, but eventually it would happen, she just wished Alfred could've seen it.

"At last, old friend." said Theophilos welcoming Alfred on the seven skies "I hope you brought some of those cigars of yours." 

Abraham, nee Abram, baptized by Tylos I as a child, struggles to lean up from his wheelchair to light a candle in his window for Tylos I. "I see a new star in the sky tonight, perhaps that is him, burning brightly to guide our brethren home to the Skies."  He'd peer through his telescope, and spend the rest of his night looking up at the heavens.

Boris Ruthern grinned upon finally seeing the entrance of his friend Alfred to the Seven Skies. He cracked his knuckles then. "Vy took vyr time, Alfred! Time to see if vy are still as strong as before."

"Your sentry duty is over, brave soldier. Now you join an army without hard drill or long marches." Proclaims Pius of Sutica happily, welcoming the venerable clergyman into company of the holy ones.

A heavenly 'Te Deum' sounds from the heavenly choirs of Angels and Saints in jubilee. 

"Jubilate Deo!" shout the Pontiffs in chorus.

"Servite Domino in laetitia" respond the holy Confessors.

"Laudate Dominum Deum Saboath!" Cry the holy militants. 

"All these choirs covet you as their own..." explains Pius.

Edited by thesmellypocket

Anders Cardinal Edel, from his hospital bed, would hear the words come from his acolyte's lips. A tear sheds, rolling down into the blood-speckled bandages kept secure around his neck. The cardinal would dismiss the acolyte, using the privacy he was given to pray to Godani for Tylos, the Barclays, and the rest of the faithful. He would ponder for a moment, wondering why Godani has spared him once more but has let the High Pontiff die.

A certain elf hears of the passing of the old Barclay. He scratches his chin a bit with a light hum "I wonder what he did with that cloak I gifted him back in Arcas... oh well"

Venerated Francisco of Hyspia welcomed his old friend Alfred Barclay into the seven skies, "I am truly blessed to see you once more in this eternal paradise, Alfredo, I have long awaited your arrival, praying that you would not die as I did, nor like Nicolas or Otho. It seems my prayers had been answered, and I am glad to have called you my friend during my short ended life"