The Iron Analogy: A Steelsmiths Prayer

Lojo613

Spoiler

The Iron Analogy: A Steelsmith's Prayer

Oh GOD, Creator of the cosmos, may my spirit be worthy, may my soul be malleable. Save me from the pain of the flame and strike into my heart fear of You. Purge from me my imperfections by the blow of your hammer of judgement, draw out my youth into a fine edged purpose. Leave the steel of my soul stronger and better shaped for your divine purpose. As I am shaped and the glow of struggle leaves my body, as the scale of my fragile form sheds away, let me not fear the icy plunge of death, but embrace it, for I shall return to Your side a complete work. Find favor in who I am, and who I shall become, that I may find a place by your side come the day of judgement. I know, that should my heart remain open to you, my spirit and mind strong and free from impurities, you shall not shape me wrong, for you are perfection. 

Who is like you GOD? Who can compare to Your glory? All the stars in the firmament of

Heaven, the tallest mountains, and widest oceans are all born from your very words. The smallest grains of sand, the dust upon the wind, all the same. Every storm, every flame, all that makes us feel both small and big and afraid and joyous is Your speech manifest upon the cosmos. Even the Aengul, with power beyond mortal comprehension, is but Your breath. Oh truly fathomless GOD, You have wrought creation from nothingness. It is the blind who cannot see that You yet work, the foolish who mistake the ring of Creation's anvil for finality. Let us aspire to fulfill Your will, as is foretold in auspicious aeons. Let us aspire to make the world as you have willed it.

Medieval Blacksmith | AllAboutLean.com

Humbly submitted by the Acolyte Stor Vuiller on the 6th of Godfrey's Triumph 1836, Anno Domini

Cardinal Providentia bobbed his head in approval, smiling a bit as he finished reading the prayer. "A most interesting analogy!"

Johan Vuiller would smile upon reading it, a sense of proudness filling him. he'd walk towards the smithy were Stor was working smiling to him "Vy did a grand job Stor, i'm truly proud of vy" he'd pat the young Vuillers back before the aged man would take a seat holding a conversation with his grandson while he worked