A Cowardly King

AnonymousAlexa

Jan Otto Kortrevich began to look over various letters he had exchanged with the previous Norlandic diplomat, and the ones he had sent the King himself.

"Heh. Perhaps they shouldn't have gone back on the treaty they were nearly begging us for after all. How odd of them to refuse to reply to terms for something they came up with." He mused as he was seated within his study. "Take notes, Viktoriya!" Jan said to his daughter, who one day aspired to be a diplomat just like him!

11 minutes ago, Luminaire said:

"Heh. Perhaps they shouldn't have gone back on the treaty they were nearly begging us for after all. How odd of them to refuse to reply to terms for something they came up with." He mused as he was seated within his study. "Take notes, Viktoriya!" Jan said to his daughter, who one day aspired to be a diplomat just like him!

The young Kortrevich was squinting at the words of the letter, attempting to read through them. Of course, she had to ask her father what some words meant as she was five years old. In any case, Viktoriya Irene wrote as many notes as she could- they may not have been legible to some, or make much sense, but she did her best.

Vasili of Lakia wipes his sword clean of blood and muck using a brown bandanna as he reads the missive. "I am niet being able to reading." said the Norlandic man before taking down the poster and heading for the outhouse.

15 hours ago, AstriaS said:

"Oh. Joy, the foreigners are taking an interest in the Faith," The Priestess then remarked with disdain. "Firstly, the word is spelled 'tenet', but I suppose I would be asking too much to expect literacy. Secondly, they're citing doctrine that is centuries old at this point as well as misunderstanding the definition of the word craven. Cowardice implies flight; fear. But, I guess someone whose range of social skill is limited to stabbing and whining would have trouble making sense of normal interpersonal interaction. Telling someone who is accompanied by a small retinue of armed soldiers 'no' a few feet from his face is not an expression of fear, it is a simple denial. But, again, this takes a degree of social awareness, which I shouldn't expect from illiterate, apparently-disabled children."

"Doctrine is bad because it is old, absolute Tyrite energy" Theoderic would chuckle to himself "Why don't they just do away with pretending to be fatherists and just become fire druids"

"Wow, a system in which a king can be declared a 'coward', deposed by force and murdered, I am sure this is a very stable system with no potential for civil wars.'" Comments some smug nerd. 

*Knox reads the old, faded parchment* "Some people change... but most don't"