[✗] Creature submission: Skin-walker

uncomfy

Disclaimer: This is a legend from Navajo culture (native folklore), this suggestion is not meant to disrespect anyone affiliated with this culture.

Introduction
One which name may not be spoken in the open, the Skinwalker is a vicious creature, believed to be a witch, who takes disguise to live in the natures of Almaris, often sighted within the woods of the Eastern region. It's believed that the creature is born from the existence of a mage who isn't able to deal with the responsibility of gaining access to the void. This cryptid has the ability to shapeshift into any animal. From a far distance, their false appearance would be rather convincing, though once approached it's features would not be as accurate. Examples of these inconsistencies often are backwards joints, taking stance on their hind legs and having carnivorous attributes such as eyes on the front of their face like a predator would have. Why I mention the fact that it's carnivorous is due to the fact that most often it is seen in the shape of a 'deer', though this can vary. 

Encounters
When you've entered their sight, be aware that you'll be in great danger. They'll spot you, only for them to stare without motion. As their prey, it is your job to break eye-contact and slowly depart. If one would run away out of fear, the cryptid would start it's hunting process and kill their prey. It's hard to truly confirm their existence due to the fact that once they're sighted, the person who've unfortunately encountered this beast is prohibited from speaking of this situation. If one dares to speak their name, or mention their sighting of one, the witch will be triggered into hunting you down.

Among Us in LOTC?  I dig it. Pretty cool concept, though the piece itself would need more fleshing out. I believe there may even be a format somewhere on the forums if you're up for a little digging.

The mere idea of this creature means I shan't be sleeping tonight.

Rather than it being a voidally created creature in folklore, the first thing I thought was 'Hey, this could be a bastardization of druidic shapeshifting.'

I don't actually know much about druids, but that was my initial thought.

Nice idea though!

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.