[✗] Housemagery Addition - Thaumaturgy

Titanium430

Thaumaturgy 

A Housemagery Addition.

iCr5SwcWY-cjHyx5VuSrMH1XP0S61Mo0YO2CH9Qa8AMZgXfL5CGx82oEAG_ZtL-VQDCqmehoIs7jV9Zth98ENZP1hNkFtf4QG63cktxyk0rDkDUXJM0LooxuoPUTsQdJmPgaLr6i=s0

nW-3-C-bezExp8Vm1HBDtJgZYCVu_twqPqmXzEHNCG6gzQamLvZE9YhKjYForljJUaMPqibGdrbGUn3QxU9guut01Lf-sJi-wgsnsNovQLNunC5t_JcPJ7sj1LJSwSpFX_mzumfs=s0

Spells

Modify Voice - T3

[Non-Combative]

A housemage may influence the volume and tone of their own voice, it booming across a valley or growing soft and floral. These number amongst other flavorful options that are up to the player. [Limited to #S range mechanically.]

REDLINES

• Can not deafen or harm anyone with your voice

Scribe’s Pen - T2

[Non-Combative]

A housemage may pull mana from themselves, focusing it onto a writing implement within their hand to generate ink or charcoal for writing, directly within the reservoir or pencil. Used mostly by scribes and monastics for ease and speed of writing.

REDLINES

• The ink or charcoal generated by the spell may not leave the reservoir of the pen or pencil other than by being deposited onto the page - you may NOT squirt ink onto someone.
  • This spell must be taught by a tutor or learned from a book.

[OOC REASONING]

This is somewhat of a recycling and simplification of ideas from my justly denied lore piece. I thought that some things in it were still interesting ideas.

This lore piece somewhat expands housemagery’s span, growing to include generals shouting orders to soldiers, or priests preaching mass to a group of peasants. I feel as though this is a good thing, though others may disagree. If this gets accepted, I request it gets edited into the main housemagery page for ease of access and viewage. Thanks for reading and looking it over - Titanium430.

Generally speaking, I would say that this is incredibly lacking for an addition.

I like the modify voice spell, with a small touch up I could see it being added to housemagery, but the scribe spell isn't terribly unique or useful. Housemages can already use their magic to have a writing tool go ahead and do its thing all on its own, although it is neat to generate the ink without the need to dip in an inkwell, its only a very slight change.

Aside from that, I'd say that I would want to see a little more content in an addition, rather than just one or two abilities

50 minutes ago, Sybbyl0127 said:

Generally speaking, I would say that this is incredibly lacking for an addition.

I like the modify voice spell, with a small touch up I could see it being added to housemagery, but the scribe spell isn't terribly unique or useful. Housemages can already use their magic to have a writing tool go ahead and do its thing all on its own, although it is neat to generate the ink without the need to dip in an inkwell, its only a very slight change.

Aside from that, I'd say that I would want to see a little more content in an addition, rather than just one or two abilities

Thank you for your response, I will see if I can rework the scribe spell or replace it entirely. As for the reason I kept it quite short. its because thats what i've seen be accepted recently, short additions with one or two spells. But I will see if I can add a bit more - Thank you once more for your feedback.

1 hour ago, Sybbyl0127 said:

This is my own thoughts on the situation, since I've seen Titanium430 work on this since the idea of it was conceived.

The majority of Housemagery spells are already something that can be done without the aid of magic, the whole theme of it is that it's a simple flavorful piece that can be used to add a certain aesthetic to RP -- be it basic Disney magician vibes, or rather a forge-master having supremacy over their tools. Likewise, these two abilities are harmless and offer a different route to basic RP if the players want it. They're brushes meant to be used by a painter.

As for the latter piece, Housemagery is already a well-balanced and fully-written piece. This is an addition, rather than a rewrite or entire sub-section to it. I've seen and voted on pieces that are smaller than this. It's fine imo.

1 hour ago, Sybbyl0127 said:

this is literally a few spells from Titanium's old thaumaturgy lore that the LT strongarmed him into merging into Housemagery. it doesn't need to be incredibly substantive, as it's just a couple neat cantrips.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.