The Grand King Election of 40 SA

Treaty

CAf2rPd-r8yA_oMZoMRixf1tupeI7iz_b6L-REEX0tDmJKzxsJqs1tl75baoAGefxykvLBOklaMjmypdON34GfxJ8L1e7--nOT6yNe4mRmnpiy4vFd7UCrnvbq0j7xdSiM1UK8g4=s0

THE GRAND KING ELECTION OF 40 SA

kYER5LBkjhvcYdc5SJuf2CwY2U4bmDVK48GpEoHyEJhl9Lydd0vhDn-RyMgTzMP3K-R5VC90bPCDEEpcbtAyQ8CtkBf2Dth-SzorqhtvI1eMVbG7ldFbfZzWA4X0xjv1DYmgpGoY=s0

With the recent announcement of the Grand King Levian’Tol Grandaxe’s descent from the throne, the Council of Urguan acted quickly to begin the election process. Only 2 stone days ago, the Grand Council of Urguan declared Lord Chancellor Azkel Frostbeard Lord Regent once more, and nominated 2 individuals for the position of Grand King: Ulfric Frostbeard and Alaric Grimgold.

With the nominations complete and Urguan’s Folk ready to choose their new Grand King, I, Lord Regent Azkel Frostbeard, hereby declare the start of the Election. This election shall run from today until 6 stone days from now ((Mon-Sun)).

SECTION I: THE NOMINEES

For those unaware of how the election process works, to run for Grand King, one must be nominated by a Council-recognized Clan of Urguan. Listed below are the Clans, and their respective nominations (note, that a nomination does not mean the clan shall vote entirely for the individual):

Clan Starbreaker: Ulfric Frostbeard

Clan Irongut: Ulfric Frostbeard

Clan Frostbeard: Ulfric Frostbeard

Clan Irongrinder: Abstained

Clan Ireheart: Abstained

Clan Doomforged: Draakopf Doomforged (Disqualified)

Clan Grimgold: Alaric Grimgold

Clan Grandaxe: Ulfric Frostbeard

Clan Goldhand: Abstained

Clans of Hefrumm: Abstained

With said nominations complete, the nominees have gotten to work on their campaigning, outlining their platform for the Dwarven people to understand what said individuals may achieve as Grand King. Below are 5 points outlining the nominee’s campaign promises:

Alaric Grimgold:

As a citizen of Urguan, it is my intention to push for reform amongst our vassals to find a way to guarantee their members voting rights in our kingdom, and their leaders a lesser say upon Council decisions. 

As a Dwarf of Urguan, I intend to promote the spread of Dwarven culture. The road from East Fleet to the capital shall be reconverted as the Hohekk’ur’Anart (The Road of Pride/Glory) where triumphal arches and statues shall be erected to honor our achievements. 

As a soldier of Urguan, I intend to strengthen the power of the Legion and her commanders. Vassal levees shall be better integrated into our Armed Corp, and our commanders will be given advisory positions to the king to allow for faster action on situations. 

As a worker of Urguan, I will guarantee the pay to our people for their contribution to the kingdom. The work upon the port and rails will not be stopped and shall be finished during my reign, even if I am required to build it with my own two hands. 

As King, I would serve this nation with the same honor and dignity that has come to be expected of my name. I would lead by example.

Ulfric Frostbeard:

As Grand King, I would strive to return the dwedmar to it’s roots of militarism. A strong military, one composed of not only mercenaries and those out to earn a buck, but those willing to fight for their nation once more, the sons and daughters of Urguan himself. A nation that relies not on strong allies, but itself. It’s dwedmar Legion, and Urguan’s people. 

As Grand King, I would take another look at Urguan’s vassals. There are many, many that exceed, many that just meet the mark, many that need encouragement, and many that require Urguan’s assistance in getting back on track. Simply put, they must be seen to once more. 

As Grand King, I would focus on internal growth, and attempt to grow Kal’Darakaan itself back into the bustling city it once was. I would attempt to bring our folk home, be it through holding weekly events through the Worker’s Guild once more, or merging guilds to provide more opportunities for dwed to engage in the day-to-day of their Kingdom. 

As Grand King, I would see to it that work continues on major projects. Things such as the port, and infrastructure running through Urguan would see increased attention. No longer will project upon project continue, with each before sitting and gathering dust. 

And lastly, as Grand King, I would continue efforts to unite the Kingdom, and do away with petty disputes between dwed. We are all sons and daughters of Urguan, it’s about time we see that and put our best efforts into continuing what Kings before have done, as one people, as one nation.

SECTION II: VOTING

The voting process is one that aims to be used primarily by the active members of Urguan’s Folk. With the passing of the Voting Reforms Act, all outlined requirements on the document shall be used in this election as well. To see such requirements, said Act has been attached: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/202462-the-voting-reform-act/ 

Voting shall last for 6 Stone Days, and who one votes for shall be kept private. Votes will ONLY be counted for qualified nominees. Narvok oz Urguan, Narvok oz da Grand King.

((OOC REQUIREMENTS))

You may only vote on one persona, aka one vote per ooc person.

The election shall last from today, Sept. 6, till Sunday, Sept. 12.

A vote may be changed up until the end of the election.

The votes shall be counted by myself and the nominees, and will be approved by a council vote once finished.

The king’s coronation shall be scheduled once the voting is complete.

The voting rules on the Voting Rights Act shall be the official voting rules of the election irp. All votes will be approved or thrown out based on that, or an ooc requirement.

The winning candidate will be based on a simple majority.

If you cannot or do not wish to vote on the forums, msg me on discord at TreatyCole#3623

If using the Guild activity requirement, list which guild. If you are unsure if you are on your clan list, ask your Clan Lord, or myself. If you have no idea what the activity requirement is, check the Voting Reforms Act page, linked above. You only need 1 of the 4 options.

Voting Format

IGN:

RP NAME:

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT:

(Legion, Guild, Home Owner, Clan List)

CANDIDATE: 

Lord Regent of Urguan, Lord Chancellor of Urguan,

High Remembrancer of the Order of Remembrance, Son of Rhewen

oPhzmNuXlfzrulMqP5OUjtCEpTxhRGP5UPageK2RTUMNGVGI7SUx2TjKBTgBtV6OOZjn4P24ZMdgxe77n8SLypOvKimpeZRsg7xPd7KFJcasLtZR0iEC0HHgMlgcv1Duyq1cb34N=s0

IGN: Tabby64

RP NAME: Durin hammerforge

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT:

Legion,clan

CANDIDATE: Knud

IGN: D3F4LT

RP NAME: Thumbrindal Grandaxe

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Elder of clan Grandaxe

CANDIDATE: Ulfric Heatbeard (pls give back me kids)

IGN: McGl1zzy 

RP NAME: Relyk Grimgold

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Worker's Guild; Clan

CANDIDATE: Alaric Grimgold

IGN: Xergarok

RP NAME: Grimdal

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Home Owner

CANDIDATE: Ulfric Frostbeard

IGN: Wowj

Rp Name: Gillriik'Ungri

Activity Requirement: no.

Candidate: Leviathan'Tol Grandaxe

IGN: TheWaffleman30

RP NAME: Klouf 'Forged-Fist' Grimgold

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT:

Legion, Worker's Guild Member, Clan Grimgold

IGN: Hrokaz

RP NAME: Alaric Grimgold

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT:

Legion, Worker's Guild Member, Clan Grimgold

IGN: _Drak3_

RP NAME: Charsi Doomforged

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Clan Elder, Home Owner

CANDIDATE: Alaric Grimgold

IGN: Terry_23

RP NAME: Ulfric Frostbeard

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Clan Father, Lord Justiciar, Legion, Home Owner

IGN: TheFirstShroom

RP NAME: Falk Irongut

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Clan List

CANDIDATE: Ulfric Frostbeard

IGN: Lapidary

RP NAME: Celeste'Tol Blackroot

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT:

Clan

IGN: Nooblius43

RP NAME: Norli Norvarsson

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: High Prophet of the clergy, Own the Temple, and Elder of Clan Starbreaker

IGN: JustGrim

RP NAME: Dharok Sigbad

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Home owner

IGN: Twinwolf1

RP NAME: Hana Starbreaker

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Citizen

Starbreaker