The Link

BobBox

Spoiler

[!] This scrap of paper would be anywhere anyone would read it.

oOVD8a8FLE34pCWKjDX4teTDzoLr7HL958-AFv_3AXc8q0SbVakaFPbRpkRygykz45Y5NI4RiT2nApJmhGAa9Mu67n1FpOrwJqW-l2ErabWIZg9OWcZyyKrT8dbSn-MN53umD4kH=s0

rhX1OS-VUh_HVqSOrlGANms17XHUZyOQR-OtxzR53z_TUyyNTE6n1C7nZwEMBMnThj2P0FJy2H_8msAxG0XkClUGrbpsLmot5NzGxR_7Cwrge19Cbe-7-zRRQRbHozlkQTqwurqv=s0

Do you hear the trumpets?
I extend my hands to thee, o’ snake.

I am the link between you and the divine -
I bow down so we may be rid of the swine.

In old times, I knew not who I was,
But through you, o’ snake - I ascend.

Walk towards the trumpets, the blinding lights
Towards the snake within.

We need not gods, for you, o’ snake.
I bow down wholeheartedly -

So that within the books of man,
We may be honored -

And within the books of gods,
We may be despised.

I call out to you, other voices in the darkness,
Let our cries shake the abyss.

-The devoted being
rhX1OS-VUh_HVqSOrlGANms17XHUZyOQR-OtxzR53z_TUyyNTE6n1C7nZwEMBMnThj2P0FJy2H_8msAxG0XkClUGrbpsLmot5NzGxR_7Cwrge19Cbe-7-zRRQRbHozlkQTqwurqv=s0

With dull eyes did the woman glance over the scrap of paper, her gaze pausing momentarily at ever 'snake' she read.

o' snake...o'snake...the snake within...o'snake...

Over and over did such words replay in her mind, eyes widening, heart beating faster, breathing becoming more difficult. Snakes slithering up her body, hissing in her ears, mouth widening to showcase sharp fangs, such digging deep into flesh and ripping her apart..

No, it is not true. Only I can see it, so therefore it's not true. Her hand grazed over the rune that have been inscribed on her days before. It's not true. It's not true, It's not true...

Or was it?

a curious elf stumbles upon the odd scrap of paper laying there upon the ground. The curious gaze flows over the paper. A few soft whispers by the mad man were spoken, quiet, barely audible from the lonely tower within the west "o'snake... o'snake, how curious". Those whispers were shortly followed by a laugh, growing louder to then fall quiet, it was now all quiet expect for that cold wind, flowing past the trees.