VE HERZENZ EDYKT I 390 E.S.

Rudi

After Klaus Barclay had finished his session of saying very mean things in his head whilst standing still, the man would pick up the brush he was using and returned to his horse, who was happily munching on his daily breakfast of grass, wheat and more grass. He'd carefully and accurately brush the stallion's fur and hair, dipping it in clean water every now and then and taking out any and all knots he could find and setting the fur to be straight and flat, giving a clean finish to the majestic animal. Afterwards, he'd slowly and carefully remove the horseshoes off his mount's feet, taking great caution whilst doing so to ensure it wasn't startled and attempted to kick, after which he'd replace the beaten horseshoes with ones of higher quality.  He'd finally place his saddle on the top of the horse and then take a few steps back and admired the finished product, the stallion sticking out from the workhorses around the stable "Beautiful. truly the best work Ich have ever done. Ich should give du ein proper name." he'd think for a moment, before clicking his fingers "Tylos. Ein perfect horse, named after ein perfect man."

Joren Ruthern squints over the missive with curious eyes. "My main concern is that the king is still using our duchy title in his titles. Get your own!"

6 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

Loyalty is sticking around even if you’re roughed up and unappreciated

"Ich know, right?! This horse looked like the manure it produced before just now! Ich barely noticed him in the swarm of the rest of these workhorses! Und now look at him! Ein diamond in the rough! Mein personal steed, und named after ein Saint! Talk about ein glow up! How did none of mein cousins notice this gem?! Edmund literally owns ein stable und he didn't see this one?! Godan, mein luck has truly served me well on this day! Long live Tylos, the horse und the Saint!" Klaus Barclay ranted in response to Alexandria, somehow hearing her from past the hills between Karosgrad and Reinmar, before riding off into the sunset on his new steed, despite it having only struck noon.

"Well, it's not quite the same insult as murdering my uncle in a church," Sir Obrecht Barclay, Last Knight of Sutica, said to himself. "So, at least he's improving as a king."

1 minute ago, Burnsider said:

"Well, it's not quite the same insult as murdering my uncle in a church," Sir Obrecht Barclay, Last Knight of Sutica, said to himself. "So, at least he's improving as a king."

"He also did niet try and burn his own relative this time either" Katerina would comment upon seeing Sir Obrecht in god knows where. "So da, I agree"

3 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

"Oh, my good boy..", Alfred looks upon Obrecht, the last Antonite, from the Seven Skies, "If you just knew it all.."

"So much talk of betrayal or of a just end..." Commented Ser Casimir Colborn upon hearing of the responses to the missive. "The House of Barclay has indeed been a giant of our kingdom for over one-hundred years, having come to Lady Haense in one of her most tumultuous periods. However, I fear that in the time since our kingdom's most troubling years the quiet landscape has caused the giant of Barclay to become idle.

Though, we must not speak ill of such a family, which is owed more respect than is currently given to it. However, that does not mean I disagree with their demotion. I, for one, choose to look forward to a day when the giant of Barclay awakens once again. On that day I have no doubt in my mind that they shall return to the days of the great dukes of old and reclaim their lost titles.

Fear not Barclays, and remember the ancient Haeseni saying: 'Ea byk zwem zanyotsk ter ea byk denpetravesk.' - 'I would have perished had I not persisted.' Do not perish, but persist." The High Justiciar would proclaim to the collection of babushka dolls lining his office.

Charles Darkwood scowls at the demotion of his Barclay in-laws. Relaxing back into a seated position within his family's Orenian Manor after he had been passed the missive by his wife, Adrianna. He forms an arched brow as his head tilts in question. "Und du still wonder why we moved to Oren." He comments idly, then looking to Adrianna with a dismissive sigh.

Father Paul shakes his head "Not only does this king strip his vassals of their titles without reason but also legitimizes bastards without involving the church. A secular nation through and through"

“I remember a time when it was by the valiant martyrdom and courage of the Barclays and Ludovars which kept the AIS fiends at bay, defending the sanctity of Haense with their dying breath. Titans like Wilhelm and Erwin Barclay and Fredrick Ludovar cast out the darkness of apathy and ennui with fists of iron and passions of fury. Now, these families and clans, namely due to cliche politics and divisionary tactics, have been slowly but surely cast out like societal pariahs. What a world we live in now that there are more Barclays, Ludovars, Rutherns, Othamans, Sarkozics, Wicks, Kovachevs (the list of iconic Haeseni clan names goes on) in the south than can be found in the lands of the Fourth Prophet.

What a shame. I pray that Prince Sigismund, an heir born under signs most auspicious, will mend the schism and rectify the diaspora.”

Farmer Wick readies his cart of beets for market, reflecting on how he really enjoys the irony of the Barclays getting the short stick for once in there long history of mediocrity and out right bias

"What's this?" queried the very patriotic Ionian Mackensen from the seven skies, cleansed from the madness that had plagued him in his last few earthly years. "Why are your most loyal and patriotic vassals being demoted? This 'Koenig' lives to serve only himself and his close clique of friends." comments a very defensive Ionian Mackensen, as he called over an old Ludovar ally. @Dogged

Father Otto could do nothing but sigh and wonder why this man was not excommunicated yet. "Not only has he the blood of martyrs on his hands, he also strips his own vassals of their titles without good reason..." 

Sigismund screeches into the void with the force of a million suns imploding as his descendent strips the barclays of the titles he exhausted himself to have bestowed upon that family

Rift Rat on Twitter: "“Everyone uses Wojaks as if they're not just Rage  comics” Yeah they are just rage comics now allow me to reply with the  crying wojak with smug mask