A Thoughtful Expedition

AnonymousAlexa

Spoiler

17pxrztraKdrV-KajPr-j3gddzQNMPWvEZh_Z5CQhUUGNfQdGtNJKTEx5QujQY7yDpQQwZYmjWOGoulWjwzYLb4-D2R-IX3Y42hfTr4E4AhIDu3FVML3BTDU10qHLsd3lAoQoBCc=s0

A Thoughtful Expedition

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”

zP_at7wrHKGrzcmI8AtAdTvnpuaTdKbILcNrZukJWb3eLamchQf-R02MaX_yQcX37Ml8quLoz1Vc9wMxWOonhVxwJ_VHglrp5nlNAOVKOrvwP2faY7junTbgfIOCFFp1C6RzeHu0=s0

The Rustler Boss bid her farewells to those whom she held dear--the Rustlers, her cousin Arbane, and lastly, her brother Elsiimah, who had left her with a few parting words:

"You need to realize something, Elsil. This banditry is getting us nothing but riches and sleepless nights. Take me up on my offer. We’re far greater than this life."

Without a word in response, Elsil moved off to board the ship where she would spend the next few days voyaging to foreign lands. She did not know how long she would be gone for. In fact, nothing was certain, except for the lucrative mercenary contract she had accepted.

Soon after the ship’s departure, the coast of Almaris was no longer visible. The seasick Elsil seated herself upon the deck of the majestic boat, allowing the cool breeze to soothe her illness. Sitting on that deck, seasick, alone, and miserable, she contemplated her brother’s words.

She had everything she could have dreamed of as a child--wealth, glory, fame, though none of her success was deserved. It was stolen, all of it. Stolen from the rich, the poor, the deserving, and the undeserving. Stolen from the unfortunate passersbys who were unlucky enough to pass her on the roads. Yes, she lived like a Queen, though her luxuries came at the expense of others. At times, she even longed to travel freely, without worrying about the constant bounties which hung over her head like a crushing weight.

Nevertheless, she held few regrets for her despicable actions, continuing to justify her behavior as “necessity”. Despite what she tried to convince herself, her thievery was no longer a product of desperation. Since she had founded the Rustlers alongside her brother, Elsil had obtained an unfathomable amount of wealth, glory, and power. Although her success would satisfy most, Elsil was never content. She always wanted more and more.

With a prolonged exhale, Elsil untied the bandana from around her neck, to allow her to breathe in the fresh ocean air. She would need time to decide...

zP_at7wrHKGrzcmI8AtAdTvnpuaTdKbILcNrZukJWb3eLamchQf-R02MaX_yQcX37Ml8quLoz1Vc9wMxWOonhVxwJ_VHglrp5nlNAOVKOrvwP2faY7junTbgfIOCFFp1C6RzeHu0=s0

Spoiler

OOC: Yes, I know I'm banned right now, which is unfortunate. Nevertheless, I thought a cool roleplay post might be nice to explain my charcter's absence for the time being. While I will be OOCly active in many of the upcoming Rustler reforms, I will be taking a large step back from LotC for the remainder of my ban, however long that might be. If you ever want to chat or play other games, feel free to add me on my alt discord, 𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓪#4649. I'm using a different discord to distance myself from LotC for the duration of my ban, so please don't DM me about LotC stuff unless it's important. Anyways, peace out for a bit, guys. Hope to be back soon! o7

Kosher Daesmon watches from a distance. "Farewell." He simply says, turning back to his little brother and the life ahead of him

Evar'tir Oranor adds another colour of bandana to his pet project quilt.

Off and away was some little plant girl, with faded memories and a torn and worn uniform hung up on a tree. The now horned Cin hummed, carving her name into the bark of a tree in the middle of nowhere- that being one of the only things she recollected.

5 hours ago, Orlanth said:

"Who?" asked Diomé Indoren.

“Cares.” answered Ivan Mareno. 

"No invite?" A southern stallion bitterly commented from afar.