Encyclical Letter - Deus Absolves Omnes

Pureimp10

Father Ernst looked favorably upon the Encyclical Letter. "His Holiness acts as all of the Church should; with mercy, as God commands. May his forgiveness of the faithful's errors continue to unite Canondom, as he has already worked hard to do." he said, commenting to an Acolyte at his side. After having placed it down, the Pontifical Secretary would traverse the Papal Apartments to try to find Everard IV himself, so as to thank him for his continual efforts for the good of the faithful in mind.

Edited by GoldWolf

Fr. Petros, FSSCT, quotes from the Thesis of St. Jude On Conversion and Humility. "Now, I write this thesis because I strongly disagree that those who convert and were of a different race, or religion, are below us in any way. In the end, we are all below one great Being and we will all be judged differently. Just because you may have been a pagan or nonbeliever once  doesn’t mean that you are not a brother or sister of the Creator now. We are all equal and should love each other the same. Now I leave you to think upon this: If you are someone who believes converted heathens, pagans, or heretics, are below you, how would you feel if you were in their shoes?” 

"Holy Father Saint Jude, pray for us!" He exclaims.

Father Otto sat at home in Providence, praying for those involved.

The Monsignora reads Everard VI's encyclical in her office, resisting the urge to smoke a cigarette as she does so (this being her own little way of fasting, although hopefully permanent). She later remarks to Fr. Johan, the Auditor of the Tribunal @Harald "I am glad to see St. Pius' works cited by His Holiness-- gladder still to see he does not rise to occasions of incitement, but responds in a fatherly and careful way."

Sion reads and rereads the publishing handed to her by Willam

"truly a good man, i will look out for his writing in the future"

giving a sure nod and passing it along herself

Stor Vuiller says "This Pontiff is a force for peace. Too often do we forget the nature of Ex. Owyn's Penance, we are too enraptured by the miracle that followed to realize that Ex. Owyn was not rewarded for his act, but his contrition. Ex. Owyn did not admonish the unrepentant and ascend to the Skies because he slaughtered the pagan, rather, he understood the weight of hasty wrath and the suffering it caused, and by being forced to understand what that truly meant in his PUNISHMENT, which was his penance, he did realize that it is not the place of man to slaughter those who may yet be saved. And his miracle was the same as GOD had granted before he had sinned, laying low the wicked just as he did Harren. It is our duty to love our brothers and hate the sin."

Edited by Lojo613

Sir Obrecht Barclay sighed. "It is like His Holiness missed the rest of the people that signed that letter. Those more senior than this lowly priest. Is he to be the scapegoat to the two Cardinals and the two Princes."

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.32e95229023c06ade63d8df7605c0b6a.png

The Cardinal of Albarosa takes the letter from a Acolyte with a grateful nod before bringing it to his desk. He reads through the letter from behind his silver-rimmed spectacles and notes to that same Acolyte "His Holiness' writing is very excellent, as always." He then lowers the paper and clasps his hands together, declaring to that Acolyte "We shall pray for those involved, my child."

Anders Cardinal Jorenus smiles, seeing the necessity of the High Pontiff's letter in these times. However, he prays that this is the last letter that Father Paul will ever have addressed to him by the Church.

Malakai would curiously read the letter that had been handed to him. "I wonder if I'll ever be able to meet the man who wrote this... He seems like the hero in a story!" he commented. "Here, have you read this yet?" he said, passing it along to someone else.

Edited by Roria

-HM7_0D7qHa4oY1a8-QEm9pntKtPNktT3EP2_k-9

Saint Nafis loves all of the converts to the one true faith.

Father Paul would read the letter rolling his eyes "A wonderful collection of words to avoid my question, they speak about jurisdiction while never addressing the thrust of my Dubia. Oisin of Rozania was a canonist who was installed in Rozania by the Princes of Savoy and Sedan. The Pontiff went over their heads and declared William of Rozania Duke of Rozania after a canonist had already been installed. I am not questioning the Pontiff's capacity to coronate, I am questioning the Pontiff's capacity to directly interfere in secular matters in such a direct fashion" he'd say turning back to the students of his seminary "Regardless let us speak of the exalted Godfrey and the miraculous gifts he conveyed upon mankind with his unification of the divided realms"