THE SECOND DUMAPALOOZA; TO RIGHT THE WRONGS OF THE PAST

JoanOfArc

Just now, BenevolentManacles said:

The Duke of Adria prays for his beloved and departed brother.

"Who?" thinks a man, not recognizing an unelected wig-wearing degenerate as his duke.

Abraham writes back to the author @JoanOfArc of the missive. "I would like to contest Ault's patricianship, and I would like to contest barring Sarkozic from ruling. Not every family is perfect, but I would remind that the title of the Duchy of Adria was dissolved during the War of Two Emperors and never allowed to be used, therefore the Imperial Emperor has no right to hoard useless titles.. Adria already denounced the 'pretender' Joseph II, and claimed Godfrey III to be the legitimate heir, I retain documents of the original treaty. My next point.. the family of Ault was banished from Adria for crimes against Adria, and that the last name never be allowed in Adria again."

"My next point comes to the feud between Sarkozic and Carrion. Both familes have had their bad eggs, both families have their good eggs. An example would be John Sarkozic and Ratibor Carrion. A bad example would be Joseph Sarkozy, then the Mad Duke Carrion, and then the traitor, Chekhov Carrion. Adria survived through their heart, compassion, and also the cooperation of the two families. Though I am only the great-great-great-great grandson of Antanios Rutledge, who served both Sarkozic and Carrion with loyatly and good faith, I think if Adria is to truly prosper again, it should seek its Raevir roots, which is more effectively done near Haense and reconcile with both the families."

14 minutes ago, 1_Language_1 said:

Abraham writes back to the author @JoanOfArc of the missive. "I would like to contest Ault's patricianship, and I would like to contest barring Sarkozic from ruling. Not every family is perfect, but I would remind that the title of the Duchy of Adria was dissolved during the War of Two Emperors and never allowed to be used, therefore the Imperial Emperor has no right to hoard useless titles.. Adria already denounced the 'pretender' Joseph II, and claimed Godfrey III to be the legitimate heir, I retain documents of the original treaty. My next point.. the family of Ault was banished from Adria for crimes against Adria, and that the last name never be allowed in Adria again."

"My next point comes to the feud between Sarkozic and Carrion. Both familes have had their bad eggs, both families have their good eggs. An example would be John Sarkozic and Ratibor Carrion. A bad example would be Joseph Sarkozy, then the Mad Duke Carrion, and then the traitor, Chekhov Carrion. Adria survived through their heart, compassion, and also the cooperation of the two families. Though I am only the great-great-great-great grandson of Antanios Rutledge, who served both Sarkozic and Carrion with loyatly and good faith, I think if Adria is to truly prosper again, it should seek its Raevir roots, which is more effectively done near Haense and reconcile with both the families."

Franz replied with a short and quaint letter, "The family of Sarkozy is not barred, and in fact, is invited to the the Duma!  My cousin shall be attending! My wording may have been written strange, but do not fret! They were invited. And regarding the family of Ault, I shall consult with my fellow companions regarding them and the election. Ave Adria!"

Korgi Jewelbeard, grandson of Marguan, a frequent merchant of Adria who made his riches in Belvitz prays to Armakak for the restoration of the good duchy. The Goldhand makes plans for attendance, writing a letter to the organizers.

Dearest Folk of the Good Duchy,

I hold no doubt that the story of my family within Adria, a small group of self exiled Goldhands has been forgotten to the shorter lives of men, but I remember it with great fondness. My grandfather Marguan came to the Duchy and its roadside hamlet Belvitz for its proximity to the roads and its bustling tavern, but lingered there and bought a home for the impassioned people he had done business with. Where Kaz'Ulrah and Agnarum failed to welcome him, the folk of Adria even with their distrust of his kind were a better home to him. For this he learned loyalty, and devoted his career to Adria. Twice he served as Alderman in its DUMAs, thrice had he seen bodies fall to the river, and once even had he the fortune to see the windows crack with an infamous defenstration. He became an officer in your brigade, leading Cossaks on horses to combat the rampant banditry, lost his arms to a boomsteel bomb in your streets, and fell ill and to madness in his home off the road. My father Morag remembered Adria fondly as well, but by the time he was mature to travel there it was forgotten- but lo! He had stumbled upon an encampment with a tavern and tents, and of dreaming folk alike yourselves now who had seeked to reforge Adria. You know this story better than I- wealthy and ambitious men perverted the hopes and dreams of humble folk and the appointed Duke seemed far more invested in the future of Helena and the capital alone. Morag had pleaded against his appointment then, but few heard, though he had the honor to officiate a wedding later that noon.

I am I, Korgi Jewelbeard, son of Morag, son of Marguan, son of Pinki, son of Finki, son of Alfados, son of Tungdil, son of Urguan himself. I plead to the good folk of Adria to let me serve as dwarven resident Alderman once more, so I may cast my vote for a Duke with a vision for the glory of Adria.

Heinrik Karl scanned over the contents of the letter. His cigar started to gleam as he inhaled deeply, before pushing his bulky form out of his chair. "Davai. On wards." he spoke to himself, not wanting to miss this opportunity.

B. B. Basarab contemplates in a tower floating through the cosmos.

The only good Adrian is a dead Adrian.

Erik Ruthern reads over the invite, “If this is even legal.”

2 hours ago, JoanOfArc said:

Barrow - @Hephaestus

“A barrow is any bastard of carrion blood, how do they have their own house?” Eriks angrily. “Do they know nothing of our traditions.”

Edited by Imperium

Jan Otto Kortrevich stumbled upon the invitation purely on accident, as he was on his way to attend his sister's wedding. "Huh, interesting. Ea suppose it would be a shame to miss out on such an event."

Dmitri de Sarkozy received the invitation after a long day in the sun - surprised, he would alert his father Tobias ( @Qizu ) of the happenings.

For the first time in a long time, the young crow was excited. Though his father had brought him in tow to retire from the political spectacles and lead a simple life, he stewed over the invitation late into the night.

'Perhaps,' He thought, 'I would not be a bad representative...'

Edited by Publius

Tianrui Ren looks across the missive as it comes across his desk, delivered to him by his cousins who still held the name Watanabe while he now retains his blood name. The man lingers on the memories of Ves and its time, and while he holds no current stake in what renewal of it may come to be- he still feels compelled by the past. He lifts his brush to rice paper, scribing a reply.

"The Patrician House Watanabe shall be in attendance of the Duma."

There is no signature save a crimson seal, the rising sun sigil emblazoned in gold.

4ymCScSJcIYfdKQKsEbLt5_8QY0848MG4K52HZnAugG0Wu0Yrk4aXmljWS4GtLjgAKpaLR9BN5jsgT_ArA_bkJGr7Jk4ObPA5Uq3zIN0oKoVjjyv2acXLyzZ1zdCcgn329RzKgR_=s0

2 hours ago, Nooblius said:

Korgi Jewelbeard, grandson of Marguan, a frequent merchant of Adria who made his riches in Belvitz prays to Armakak for the restoration of the good duchy. The Goldhand makes plans for attendance, writing a letter to the organizers.

Dearest Folk of the Good Duchy,

I hold no doubt that the story of my family within Adria, a small group of self exiled Goldhands has been forgotten to the shorter lives of men, but I remember it with great fondness. My grandfather Marguan came to the Duchy and its roadside hamlet Belvitz for its proximity to the roads and its bustling tavern, but lingered there and bought a home for the impassioned people he had done business with. Where Kaz'Ulrah and Agnarum failed to welcome him, the folk of Adria even with their distrust of his kind were a better home to him. For this he learned loyalty, and devoted his career to Adria. Twice he served as Alderman in its DUMAs, thrice had he seen bodies fall to the river, and once even had he the fortune to see the windows crack with an infamous defenstration. He became an officer in your brigade, leading Cossaks on horses to combat the rampant banditry, lost his arms to a boomsteel bomb in your streets, and fell ill and to madness in his home off the road. My father Morag remembered Adria fondly as well, but by the time he was mature to travel there it was forgotten- but lo! He had stumbled upon an encampment with a tavern and tents, and of dreaming folk alike yourselves now who had seeked to reforge Adria. You know this story better than I- wealthy and ambitious men perverted the hopes and dreams of humble folk and the appointed Duke seemed far more invested in the future of Helena and the capital alone. Morag had pleaded against his appointment then, but few heard, though he had the honor to officiate a wedding later that noon.

I am I, Korgi Jewelbeard, son of Morag, son of Marguan, son of Pinki, son of Finki, son of Alfados, son of Tungdil, son of Urguan himself. I plead to the good folk of Adria to let me serve as dwarven resident Alderman once more, so I may cast my vote for a Duke with a vision for the glory of Adria.

Franz wrote a small response, "A dream of Adria, I know it too well. To have the offspring of a wise elder dwarfkin that spoke against the evils of Joseph II is, truly, an honor. Serve as the elector for the dwarfkin people, and serve them well. Guide Adria towards a worthy Duke!"

17 minutes ago, Moo_bot said:

Tianrui Ren looks across the missive as it comes across his desk, delivered to him by his cousins who still held the name Watanabe while he now retains his blood name. The man lingers on the memories of Ves and its time, and while he holds no current stake in what renewal of it may come to be- he still feels compelled by the past. He lifts his brush to rice paper, scribing a reply.

"The Patrician House Watanabe shall be in attendance of the Duma."

There is no signature save a crimson seal, the rising sun sigil emblazoned in gold.

4ymCScSJcIYfdKQKsEbLt5_8QY0848MG4K52HZnAugG0Wu0Yrk4aXmljWS4GtLjgAKpaLR9BN5jsgT_ArA_bkJGr7Jk4ObPA5Uq3zIN0oKoVjjyv2acXLyzZ1zdCcgn329RzKgR_=s0

Franz returned a letter,  "An honor to have the patricians among us once more. Glory be to God."

From his humble grave, Viktor chuckles at these inbreds' inability to create original storylines.

50 minutes ago, Aislin said:

From his humble grave, Viktor chuckles at these inbreds' inability to create original storylines.

Listening to contemporary artists of the 1830's, a rather crude song about the long history of inbreeding, debauchery, and pride rang loudly in the music hall a young de Sarkozy frequented. 'Hardcore as a Horen' - written by some punk, surely.

This song soured his mood - it seemed a poor rendition of a genre he did not like to begin with. The young man did not return until a much less abrasive tune was played many months later. Perhaps, it seemed, though the art was not all original, it was largely a matter of taste.

'Our Lucky Comet' may have been an old fleeting tune, but it always brought him joy in the times he was fortunate enough to be present for it.

Edited by Publius

Nikoleta Kovachev sat silently in the Haense palace - eyeing the paper and trying to decode it. Then, with her bright blue eyes, she'd spot her cousins name upon it. "Why is he in it and niet me?" the girl questioned, knowing fully well that her cousin was not around to attend such. 

3 hours ago, Publius said:

Listening to contemporary artists of the 1830's, a rather crude song about the long history of inbreeding, debauchery, and pride rang loudly in the music hall a young de Sarkozy frequented. 'Hardcore as a Horen' - written by some punk, surely.

This song soured his mood - it seemed a poor rendition of a genre he did not like to begin with. The young man did not return until a much less abrasive tune was played many months later. Perhaps, it seemed, though the art was not all original, it was largely a matter of taste.

'Our Lucky Comet' may have been an old fleeting tune, but it always brought him joy in the times he was fortunate enough to be present for it.

Viktor began to twist, turn, shimmy, boogie, and spin in his mausoleum of decay—yet permanence. Whilst he would never adapt nor acquiesce to the youths of the modern era, Viktor respected the youths' reverence for both revolutionary new ideas but also an admiration for that which came before him. 

Edited by Aislin