The Silence

Lawrence Berell

The Silence...

Once the world goes dark, the Silence will fall...

Fellows in Aegis, my former comrades.

There is one secret, so powerful when revealed to the world, a time where fire, lava and evil shall reign. And at their side, the Silence of ages shall stand.

Only the chosen few will be spared. No others, no children nor  maiden shall be spared.

We are the chosen.

We walk the night, the shadows in sweet Silence.

Embrace us, Aegis. The Undead was only the start. The Silence is coming...

And now, we take an OOC stance for a word from our sponsers!

So, yeah. This is my idea of a "new" threat. The basic jist is that they believe Silence is to overcome Aegis, and that everyone is doomed.

"The Undead was just the start..."

As this group is... evil, Adv Evil is REQUIRED, as Cannibalism etc is rife. In essence, it is my attempt to create a silent enemy that the world will fear, a group who doesn't just kill you on Kings Road for not being a member, but they'll get others to do it, and then kill them. They will even kill other Silent followers if they have not joined the order!

As a note, it is NOT the Undead replacement. It is a guild, akin to the Dark Brotherhood in sneakyness. Be careful Aegis- we ARE coming for you.

As a guild, this will be needing apps, and rock hard lore. Luckily, I have experience in these matters.

Lore (WIP)

As the world slept, restlessly as the Sage's leaving cast all into deep, dark nightmares, one Dark Elf felt a pulling at his very soul.

They spoke to him in their wonderful silence as he slumbered. They adressed him in shadows of the mind, the darker thoughts he harboured encouraged. He was no pawn- he would be the opposite!

And so, Silence enveloped his brain...

Like a man on a mission, the Elf stumbled, cloaked, in the Wastes for a time, until he came across a ruin, forgotton by time... and men.

He delved into this ancient stronghold, a reminder of time long passed. There were many traps, but They protected him...

In time, others who had the same vision, the same dream flocked to the same location, drawn by an impossible force.

We shall never know exactly what drew these comrades together- only that it did so, against the stars councel and protests.

And so, these men and women plotted. Each night, they entered a state in which each individual Silent would give them instructions. It was the beginning of the Silence's structure as a guild...

First to speak to the main body of the Silence was the River's Odessey. Speaking in gushes and torrents, it was the one Silent who spoke with noise. She, if it could be assigned a gender, appeared to [person who applied for her first here]. 

Next to reveal themself was Regorek. After a time, in which he spoke not at all, he spoke with true, blissful silence. He was the one to appear to Lym first, before moving on to the others.

And the first to speak in silent tones was the Banorak- the one who appeared to Fawkes, the Dark Elf whom wandered with his souls of two. Banorak is always the first and last to speak in meetings.

The three mortals named above make up the Voice of the Silence, the three "rulers" as it were. They control what the Silence does- they each share power and have equal say in matters concerning the group as a whole.

The Voice's also have control individually over certain aspects. Like those whom River appeared to are led by her whom she appears to and chooses to lead. Likewise, the Banorak and Regorek Silents also have their own chapter, led by those they appeared to.

Each chapter has different roles and stereotypes- River followers are exclusively female, with males permitted only if the Voice collectively allows it. Regorek followers gather- that is their job, manual labour. They tend to the crops that are unfortunately required- a tedious but nessecery job. It is customary for members of this chapter to recieve minas for their dedication- it must be proven with bountiful harvest, however.

Banorak followers are therefore the fighters- blessed by Silence in battle, they will wield anything they can to further the cause. They can be anything from simple peasants to mighty mages; the Silent do not discriminate.

Rankings

There is a specific rank structure in the Silence- an almost feudal system if you will. It goes:

Command Ranks

These ranks are the commanding ranks- they hold some sort of power to command lesser members. Note, the actual Silents (River's Odessey, Regorek and Banorak) aren't listed as they are non existant as proper deities right now- they are figments of the member's imagination.

The Voice of the Silents---- These are the leaders of the Silence- they have been chosen by the Silents themselves, and each control a certain part of the Silence.

Currently: 2/3

Speakers of the Voice---- Chosen by the Chosen, Speakers execute the will, or Voice's command, personally. They hold no thought for personal gain, and this rank is obtainable for any of the three displines. Maximum of three Speakers per chapter.

Currently: 0/9

Listeners of the Voice---- They can be sent at the Speaker's discretion for personal matters they cannot complete, be they occupied or unable to complete for whatever reason. With higher level "contracts", they also aid Speakers in execution, and maybe escape from conventional law, in said contract.

Currently: 0/???, I need ideas on how many this should allow.

Chapters

A chapter is a section of those who follow a certain Silent, and is open to all. A chapterless member of the Silence is rare- but they are generally part of the command structure if so.

Chapter rankings go up in numerals, ie Domojiin III is someone in the Domojiin chapter, and they have achieved the penultimate rank in that chapter. Ranks also stack, so you can get Domojiin_Speaker_II_Sadie, as an example. This can be abrieviated if required though.

The Domojiin---- Domojiin are adept, fast and brutal. Patroned by Banorak, they are the warrior path. Most Silence members can be classed under this- Banorak is easily the most accepting of the Three Silents.

The Voice of War, or Fawkes, is this chapter's current voice.

Omniciix---- The chapter dedicated to the River's Odessey, this chapter is generally female, and healers. They heal Silence members for set fees, which they set themselves. In war, healing is free.

They also prepare food, and skin carcasses etc. More on that later *le wink*

They are led by the Voice of Reason, or _______

Sudokiin---- The Sudokiin are the least offensive based section of the guild. They are the farmers, the caretakers of the order. Only Listeners+ do any combat, and they are no longer bound by chapter rules on combat when this happens.

They are led by the Voice of Hunger, or Lym.

The main lore should be finished soon, I currently need ideas on the following things:

-The 'Deity' they revere [tick]

-Some skin ideas; I was thinking masks that look like skulls.

-People willing to help create "ruins", where we kill people in hunt fashion.

-People willing to join!

-Donators, or even GM's, who can protect our bases and what not. Also so we can Lockette up our chests/doors!

Second application- it be a mere draft atm.

[b]Mincraft Name:[/b]

[b]Roleplaying Name:[b]

[b]Link to ACCEPTED AV application.[b]

[b]OOC References for evil(can be for an old character, don't really mind.):[b]

[b]Why should I accept YOU? (minimum 1 paragraph):[b]

[b]Which Silent speaks to you?:[b]

[b]What have they decreed?:[b]

More lore dev etc coming soon.

Also, I ask Freya if she would like to join. Hey, if we can't have Kharajyr, then I need to do something else with her, right?

You have a spot if you wish, FreyFrey :P 

Just sayin', I'm interested. When Undeads are removed I'll probably join you. Going to support this with my ideas:

-Lore: [should be approved by Admin] In the Nether, aside from the Undeads, Evil Creatures and Iblees, something, a mix between Mortal and Immortal, reside there. As the Threat of the Undead became a real problem for the People of Aegis, these Creatures found their way to Aegis. They are called... The Silence.... Members of the Silence are evil Creatures [Cannibalism and animial style?^^] which goal is to rule Aegis. They are acting from the Shadows, trying to gain power while not being focused by public. ... [to be edited]

Thoughts, comments?

-Jobs: Seeking power = Need of Minas

~Opening Tavern/Inn

~Various Evil Stuff, [classified]

More to be edited, just my first few thoughts.

My little app for the times when Undeads will be removed:

Mincraft Name: Lymdil

Roleplaying Name: Hermit_Mage_Lym [incognito] / Perdoleo [undead]

Link to ACCEPTED AV: Not needed?

OOC References for evil(can be for an old character, don't really mind.): I'm Undead, I was Member of the Black Hand. Other References: Other Undeads, Juvens and of course my victims :evil:

Why should I accept YOU? (minimum 1 paragraph): I see a lot of potential in this guild and want to be a part of it when it rises up to one of the best ones on the Server. I would like to share my Thoughts, Feelings and Ideas to help the guild.

What Silent speaks to you?: Regorek, Sudokiin

What have they decreed?: The Silent of Sudokiin, Regorek, decreed that I, Hermit Mage Lym, become a member of the Sudokiin chapter.

Application edited! Happy? Say yeeesh!

Pho, I am accepting you, since I am going to accept all ex Undead and shiz. But I'm not making this a new race- it is simply insane people who believe in things that ain't realz.

Also, put in the new app format, but you are accepted anyways.

Personally, I think this is a great guild idea. I'll bring it up with some other GM's when I have the chance.

@Briamoth, Haha, that was my reaction too;

"First I was like; :o Doctor Who?"

"Then I was like; Aww, not Doctor Who :("

EDIT: The only problem you'll have is finding villians for your guild, I think :(

+1 to Freya! Ninja? Don't know if you read Zombez and Tythus ideas about the guilds on Google Doc but if not, I recommend! Going to bew awesome!

Edited my Application.

Just to say I will fill out the App when it is complete but please put me down as one of the first

Okay, done.

For Pho, a Silent is one of the dieties, what the guild is based on.

I think I'll write some moar on it.

Somehow I want to join the Military tree but I'm sure we will need Farmers, and Imma Halfling. Sudokiin!

they'll get others to do it, and then kill them. They will even kill other Silent followers if they have not joined the order!

Translation: Your safety is not guaranteed *que "push it to the limit" music*

Another idea for Sudokiin: Invite players to the guild. All in all this would help to prevent getting idiots into the guild (e.g Black Hand). So Sudokiin main recruiters?

I suppose that Sudokiin members will be unneeding of Villain apps- we'll just have to see.

If I can get permision from the GM's to help with Villain apps, then that'll be good for getting Villains also...

And here is an example app, showing what I am looking for in the answers.

Mincraft Name: NINjAxR3M1Xx

Roleplaying Name: Ben Fawkes

Link to ACCEPTED AV application. www.trollface.net/mytrollapp.jpg

OOC References for evil(can be for an old character, don't really mind.): Peoplez I have killed, SimonBane, Lymdil

Why should I accept YOU? (minimum 1 paragraph): Well, I made this guild- that is why.

I really think this is a good idea, and I would like to be a part because...[insert reason here]

Which Silent speaks to you?: Banorak, the Silent of War

What have they decreed?: Banorak has decreed that I, Ben Henry Fawkes, shall be a member of the Domojiin chapter!

And finally, Pho can be the Voice of Hunger.