On Canondom

VIROS

The Dowager of Dobrov is delivered the study by the Majordomo, Anna d'Arkent, hoping to muse on it's statements and debate on the finer points made. For all the stresses of this past saint's week, she found the brief distraction well-suited to her, nodding in agreement.

"Yes, united by our faith in GOD, even if we're not united in our various countries. If more of Humanity listened to the words of the Princess Imperial, perhaps we could put aside our quarrels and help Almaris to flourish. In the meantime, we must try and extend our hand in friendship, Lady Anna. Elsewise, we shall get nowhere."

@Maevlin

Meandering around the lands of Vasoyeva, Dmitri de Sarkozy would happen upon a deacon on pilgrimage who offered a copy upon a short chat. Stowing himself away, he was initially dismayed by the length and detail that the missive went into about the subject. Coming to enjoy it though, he would allow some mental gymnastics, as the events of the past few days had his mind alight anyhow.

"Hrmm... I recall a time in history, in the Empire of John I after the Tragedy of Brelus, there was a Pontiff that had tried to imbue the Crown of Oren with the powers he held before abdication. Here, I suppose it came closest to represent a united humanity in spirit and body - but their successors overturned this, and only the Holy Sea suffered for this. Perhaps I misremember..." He would elaborate to his thoroughly disinterested niece, effectively ignoring him for the simple pleasure she found in her toys.

Sighing, the young man would continue to contemplate on this. "Perhaps... Well, at least there is speculation here on secular and temporal affairs. Bold for a Princess to elaborate so much on the state of affairs of both. Supposing this all at quite a time as well. Elaborating more on pride, both within these rulers and their people, can make more sense of the disunity. There was so many routes of study... Flamenism for the hot blooded, the Mystics of old who's mind wandered far, but there is a uniformity that each nation attempts to impose upon their subj-"

"Uncle Dima, I cannot have fun if you will not just let me play in peace! Why don't you go to Church if you love it so much?" His niece protested. Thinking quietly for a moment, he took a lesson from her interjection.

"Of course. Maybe I should." Sometimes, it was the youngsters that had the best ideas.

The Metropolitan of Providence nodded slowly as he read the thesis. Once he had finished it he let the parchment fall out of his grasp down onto the desk. The Cardinal then readjusted his glasses and smiled. "Excellent." He uttered, folding the parchment to store it in the drawer.

A believer much like his Imperial grandfather scrutinizes the religious study, strengthening his faith even more. He would proceed to send letter to his aunt, the author. "Amazing work, Princess Imperial!"

The Albarosian Cardinal smiles as he lowers the paper onto his desk. He raises his hand and beckons an Acolyte forth, calling "My child, come and behold this thesis! Truly excellent, it is!"

"Veto" Father Paul would snarl in flexio upon hearing of a woman teaching scripture "The basilica of Providence burns to the ground, a chastisement for the sins of the urbanite. Rather than repent and cast off their sinful ways they insist on spitting in the face of God as if a small child spared the rod. Mark my words brothers this is but the first step on the path to these misguided fools attempting to ordain women. Steel yourselves brothers, for we live in the age of decay. 

We shall suffer on this earth, for humanity has committed great sins against the LORD our God. But what is small suffering in the face of God's eternal reward. It is better to suffer a thousand lashes than to be eternally damned."

With that the brooding priest would turn and depart from the Cathedral, the masked legionaries of the Legion of Godfrey flanking him as he would make his way towards the cemetery, it was time to pay his respects to Lucille.