Sigismund III

Xarkly

Moliana couldn't find her canteen.

"Where is it. . ?  BOOKER- Did you take my canteen again?" The young woman scowled to herself as she tossed her various trinkets out from the drawer of her nightstand, making an utter mess of her room behind her.  She had little care for that right now.  "I rested it right here just yesterday!  Or rather. . . I THINK that's what I did." The Carrion girl scratched her head and frowned in puzzlement, then tore out the first drawer to begin looking through the second.

As she sifted through the various junk she collected in her travels, which were a variety of cheap trinkets of small towns and hamlets; cool rocks and feathers found on the roadside; some sea shells; old or unfinished maps of her design (poorly made). . . Yet a small roll of paper caught her large and cool eyes.

Her pale hand reached to free the parchment from the corner, frowning as she recalled what it was; a summons to Hanseti-Ruska by Sigismund.  Hands touching, a warm embrace.  The sudden memory made her drop the scroll, it gracefully fell back into the drawer - which she kicked shut.

Moliana stood frozen for a moment and wrung her hands together, frowning pensively as her heart and mind were drawn back toward that aching past.  "It could never be reached again."

She turned sharply, her remorseful look hardened as she forced the memory from her thoughts to continue her search.  That drawer would not be touched again. 

A pale and malnourished man sat in his office, he looked at the Edict of Abdication and emitted a sigh. "The mantle, the crown and the sceptre may be heavy, but do niet fall down like vyr namesake, mea friend." 

"I remember when we were just children and now vy are finally taking that big step. . ." Remarked the Knight Paramount, he smirked at the missive and continued his writing in his journal, "I will be with vy until my dying days my liege," he slowly arched up his head, viewing at his family's portrait.

A young mother sat beside a fire, staring into the flames as she recalled times of innocence and youth, the Edict of Abdication clutched in a pale fist. Gazing into the burning coals as if they held the answers she sought so often, Eleanora Amador brought a hand to the necklace of silver pearls she always kept close to her person. "Time can be so cruel...", the Viscountess took a shuddering breath as her heart squeezed. With a final effort, Eleanora shook the specters of the past from her mind and settled a hand on her growing abdomen, brilliant flames reflecting in her pale blue eyes.

"He'll do great things.." The Queen-Mother murmured to herself, a proud smile resting on her lips as she watched her son make his way back to his room as she did almost every night. 

Petra could only watch on from the sidelines, smiling at her younger brother Sigismund with pride and joy nevertheless.

In her eyes, he would always be Sigismund Karl, of course - the silly brother she always adored.

Whilst she cradled her newborn son, she turned her gaze to him and spoke tenderly now. "Vyr aedypapej is becoming Koeng. How proud we are, Sigmar," she'd hum. 

"Just as his namesake, let King Sigismund III be wise and just." Ser Casimir Colborn commented, hearing of the abdication from the comfort of his secluded (and totally heterosexual) bath house.