Announcements from the Barony of Ghaestenwald, 388 - 392 ES

garentoft

ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM

THE BARONY OF GHAESTENWALD

Ehr 388 - 392 E.S.

DUxylVZaD7FfpyolvFIx14y6UPCBbaLN85sNq8ovJZm50BO52_H8J5YZFrncGYvuAmN3c6NwJXdz6Ye1Jc4Z0hkCD_6lMblbKTqIxpGIAVxgtmhqiPzlKviKSEYaRxDczyhvKDHV=s0

A compilation of announcements from the Barony of Ghaestenwald between the years of 388 and 392 E.S.

HEALTH OF HRH THE DUKE OF SCHATTENBURG

Published on the 6th of Vzmey and Hyff, 388 E.S.

I have worked as the personal physician to HRH The Duke of Schattenburg for nearly thirty years now, and do consider myself a close confidant of his. It is not without good faith that I write this public announcement regarding his health, and I trust that HRH The Duke of Schattenburg would acknowledge and respect my reasons for doing so. For where he continues to diligently maintain his body through daily routines, preserving his good physical health, as appropriate for a Knight of his experience, his mental state has greatly deteriorated over the past few years. While I shall not delve into the details of his ailments, as such would be deeply inappropriate, and a breach of the trust that exists between myself and HRH The Duke of Schattenburg, I must announce that, based on my advice given to him, HRH The Duke of Schattenburg has decided to retire from public life. I have furthermore advised him to abdicate his peerage as Baron of Ghaestenwald, to which he has refused, believing himself capable of continuing with his duties for the immediate future.

Martin Gruber, Personal Physician to HRH the Duke of Schattenburg.

CELEBRATION FOR LADY NIKOLETA

Published on the 10th of Jula and Piov, 390 E.S.

HRH The Duke of Schattenburg would like extend his dearest and most fond congratulations to his daughter, Lady Nikoleta Barbara Bihar-Kovachev, not only on her engagement to HRH The Duke of Akovia, but her recent legitimisation by the Crown in the Edict published yesterday. It has for a long period been HRH The Duke of Schattenburg’s wish that his daughter through Miss Natalia Elaine Kovachev were to be legitimised as a member of his family, and this development has pleased his person immensely. Nevertheless, HRH The Duke of Schattenburg would wish to protest the naming methods used for the legitimised Lady Nikoleta Barbara Bihar-Kovachev, as it ignores the Morovar heritage through his line, and will be expecting to meet with the Crown in the near future to discuss this matter.

It is also the desire of HRH The Duke of Schattenburg to host a celebration in Ghaestewand, once his health has improved enough to see such a plan to fruition.

Once more, congratulations, my dear daughter, you have me immensely proud. Your mother and I wish you the best of luck with your marriage, and just as I were, you now appear to be the progenitor of your own line, that of Bihar-Kovachev.

Ludwig Bech, Scribe of Ghaestenwald.

His Royal Highness, Franz Leopold Morovar, Duke of Schattenburg, and Baron of Ghaetesnwald.

WRIT OF ABDICATION

Published on the 1st of Wzuvar and Byvca, 391 E.S.

Ongoing issues with the mental health of HRH The Duke of Schattenburg have continued to deteriorate, and HRH The Duke of Schattenburg finds himself unable to fulfill his duties as Baron of Ghaestenwald as expected of him as a Peer. It is therefore with heavy heart, that it must be announced that HRH The Duke of Schattenburg has opted to abdicate the Barony of Ghaestenwald, which shall be inherited by his eldest son, HH Prince Otto, henceforth becoming HH The Baron of Ghaestenwald, or in full, His Highness, Otto August Morovar, Baron of Ghaestenwald. HRH The Duke of Schattenburg shall retain his title as Duke of Schattenburg, as such is derived from his royal birthright, something which he shall only be deprived from at death.

For most of my life, it was my desire to work to form a new cadet line of the Bihars, to fill the void left by the expulsion of the Alimars. After all, there had been tradition of a secondary line within the Kingdom, first Bihar, then Alimar, and in a Kingdom where tradition is held in such high regard, this desire fuelled me to work until I achieved such. Yet, such desires were to be fulfilled by the time I was nearly fifty, and not the shrewd young man I once was. It is now, as a new year begins, that I wish to pass on the title to my eldest son, so that he may further the family into the prosperity that I had wished it would come to.

I wish you all the best, Otto, I will always be there for you, and the rest of the family.

His Royal Highness, Franz Leopold Morovar, Duke of Schattenburg.

UNION OF THE BARON

Published on the 6th of Jula and Piov, 391 E.S.

It pleases HH The Baron of Ghaestenwald to announce that he has joined in holy matrimony with Lady Anne Eleanore Pruvia-Provins, now HH The Baroness of Ghaestenwald. The couple have been courting for a period of many years, and their union took place within the Basilica of St. Henrik in the Royal Capital of Karosgrad.. HRH The Duke of Schattenburg, HH The Baron of Ghaestenwald’s father, was also in attendance, in what was a rare public appearance.

May their union be blessed, long live TH The Baron and Baroness of Ghaestenwald.

DISAPPEARANCE OF HRH THE DUKE OF SCHATTENBURG

Published on the 7th of Jula and Piov, 391 E.S.

It is with utmost concern that HH The Baron of Ghaestenwald reports that his father, HRH The Duke of Schattenburg, has gone missing. He was last seen departing from the celebrations of HH The Baron of Ghaestenwald’s wedding, in the direction of the Barony of Ghaestenwald, whilst in a drunken stupor after allegedly drinking five and a half bottles of Carrion Black. HRH The Duke of Schattenburg had been, for a period of many years, struggling with declining mental health, which is the cause of great concern among the population of Ghaestenwald.

Any information regarding HRH The Duke of Schattenburg and his location should be reported to HH The Baron of Ghaestenwald as soon as possible.

Nikoleta Barbara, although proud of her new name, could not help but be anxious. Perhaps her father and mother being missing for the better half of her childhood did not help this growing feeling inside of the girl.

She stood tall next to a rather hefty oak tree. Practice sword in one hand and in the other a bloody cloth. Her bright blue eyes, a gift from her mother, shifted to the faded figure dressed in green next to her. All of the sudden, she felt scared. As if she just unsnapped from a very long trance. 

Otto I, the newest Baron of Ghaestenwald sat merrily within the confines of his office as he penned letters and filled out ledgers beside the new picture of his wife which found its home on his desk. Contrary to most expectations he enjoyed the very brief moment of solitude and work; yet this time he took a moment to stop his work, the first time in awhile.

"Oh papej... I wonder where under the hundred stars and glimmering moon where vy have found vyrself now. Perhaps returned to Balian, the lost Kingdom vy took me when I was six, I'll have to take my own kids there as it taught me a thing or two! Ooh, perhaps vyr out in the Attenlund as vy always did have large ambitions for that project, vyr certainly one for exploring- always did seem like vy only lived to work though."

The man grumbled at that specific thought more only second before continuing his pondering of a different topic. He sat and organized the ledgers and papers he had just completed, placing them into a neat folder and stamping them with a seal for finalization. He sent off the bundle of work with a quickly written and attached note.

"Maybe I'll choose to seek out this life, I've done my duty nie?" He rushed to window upon hearing rustling in the bushes, peering out of the towering keep the man shouted: "PAPEJ? HAVE VY GONE OFF TO FIND MAMEJ?- OH I NEARLY FORGOT ABOUT HER!" He exclaimed shortly before rushing out the door, leaving an emptied desk behind him.

Anne Eleanore, the newly wed Baroness of Ghaestenwald, frowned as she read the announcement regarding her father-in-law's disappearance. She paced the halls of her new home in solitude, admiring its beauty as she pondered. "I hope Franz finds his way back to us soon." The woman murmured to the stoic paintings as she dragged a hand down one of the banisters. "This is all so very sudden."

Tavisha vas Ruthern seizes the papers, swiftly running them through with her eyes, reading everything with excitment and high hopes. The smile on her face shifted though, turned into a hapless frown, as she took to stand tall, breathing slow and unsteady, her fingers bending inwards as her nails bit at her palm. In a burst of outrage, she took to tearing all of the paper apart, peeling bit by bit until there was naught; naught on the entire newsboard. At last a punch of hers was sent to it, knocking the entire thing down as she stormed with a furious and melancholic scowl.

Fionn Castaway would be residing in his office in the palace, drinking heavily from a bottle of carrion black whilst reading the announcements from the Barony once ruled by his close friend "So tú've finally retired Franz... a wild ride it was with tú, ever since I came to Haense and got to know tú. Enjoy retirement, lad, tú deserve it." He'd then lean back on his chair and take a moment to reflect on all the times the two had together, a smile creeping onto his face as he took another drink from his bottle. He'd then lean forward to plant all legs of the chair on the floor as he read on. His smile would quxickly fade however at the news of the Prince's disappearance, a deep sigh leaving his mouth "It was only a matter of time before this happened, I suppose, whether tú went missing by túr hand or someone's else. Still, I hope tú're doing alright, wherever tú are..." he would put the sheet of announcements in the bottom drawer of his desk in an attempt to forget about the reality for the moment. But for the rest of they day, he'd simply be staring at the papers in front of him, his mind focused on one thing only, and no productive work would be done.

Vasilia has her third mental breakdown of the week.