Long, one would wander, for those avenues would offer shelter naught. Alas, a time had come which would yield a referendum by those entities. There was no duality to that Empire, only a placid face. There was no duality to that individual, only a fixed stature. Tranquility was relative, for that man found no peace in what other would claim as still, motionless. 
A question, of  imprecise direction, set in motion.

What of virtue?

6 hours ago, BobBox said:

A stone being of titanic proportions remembered visiting the town once. He would not forget the scaled ones hand in burning it down next time he came upon them.

"Bring me man." Said Sir Candle the wyrm wrangler.

Living not too far away the Imperial Elves of the Alpine would see the smoke and fire, looking at his kin he would immediately begin organizing help at the sight "Our Citizens need help in New Esbec, Hieran ( @bufffsanta), gather a small party of Ker and see what survivors are there....leave no stone unturned. The Sarkozy's are good friends of mine and I know them to have called New Esbec their home, please return with word of their good health and condition.. Bring me word of Tobias ( @Qizu) and Edwin  ( @Guzr) should you find anything. Don't get hurt, we don't know what caused this fire."

The Elf would spend most of the day mustering Elves of the Alpine to do what they could to contain the fires from spreading further from Esbec and into the woods where they live, attempting to rescue whoever they could from amongst the ash and fire.

Whether they were aware of the town's population was irrelevant, the Elves were called to serve their fellow Citizen - and to protect the forests of Greater Alpine.

The Auditor of the Tribunal and aged man Father Johan Vuiller would look to the smoke raising into the skies, he furrowed a brow as he stood there. he'd walk by the burnt Cathedral as he walked towards his office going to write to the Tribunal of the Church.