[✗] [CA Lore] Ugr'sil - the Mistaken

Werew0lf

so when are you joining lore team or whatever they call it these days?

32 minutes ago, IsaaKc said:

no more archonposting. im 99% sure this is a joke but voidal CAs are harmful to the voidal magic community. I would know

It's not a joke, really. Also, there is no voidal magic community. You just have people who use voidal magic but do nothing culturally or aesthetically. It has the most potential and yet has the least amount done with it. The only reason Archons were trash is because of the above reason I stated. You guys want unrealistic playable voidal-creatures that do particularly nothing but strengthen you. I think the end-game should be something that is defiantly more realistic to what should happen when you meddle with the literal antithesis of creation (not turning into a blob of mana or becoming a floating magical knight of the void, but getting your organs and skin destroyed, turning blind and becoming fucked rightfully so). 

This is likely the most badass Void lore I've seen in quite some time. I've seen few Void lore pieces which actually try to develop a strong theme for what the Void should be, and this is one of a few that makes the attempt something much better than waterdowned Lovecraftian horror. It would almost be shocking to see this be outright denied by the ST, instead of an effort to be made to have this be accepted and implemented onto the server, if not potentially even expanded on.
+ 1

i am more than an ascended void wizard. something to be truly feared and loathed... a dead by daylight player

it would be cool to have void magic rewritten into something greater than a garbage bin category for generic d&d evocation. if the void is really supposed to be this terrifying alter realm and a source of otherworldly power, as many people try to write it, it should be characterized as such, themes of corruption and power and all. a permanent, gruesome CA transformation isn't a bad way to do that imo

hard agree with what you're saying here 

26 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

It's not a joke, really. Also, there is no voidal magic community. You just have people who use voidal magic but do nothing culturally or aesthetically. It has the most potential and yet has the least amount done with it. The only reason Archons were trash is because of the above reason I stated. You guys want unrealistic playable voidal-creatures that do particularly nothing but strengthen you. I think the end-game should be something that is defiantly more realistic to what should happen when you meddle with the literal antithesis of creation (not turning into a blob of mana or becoming a floating magical knight of the void, but getting your organs and skin destroyed, turning blind and becoming fucked rightfully so). 

ya mama (archons)

Jokes aside, this is some gnarly ****. I always try to entertain the idea of a mage coming to realise the detriment of their feats.

Now, this is the kind of Void that fills my heart. +1 and also, the formating made me... Yes.

7 hours ago, Werew0lf said:

There’s plenty you can do with voidal magic right now that doesn’t necessitate a CA. All of Squak’s feats and world lore have allowed a wide range of leeway for MArt creation; within current voidal magic lore, you can do some really crazy ****. Adding more fuel to the fire doesn’t make an uncreative community suddenly creative. The tools are there, more people just have to catch on.

You also drastically misunderstood me and Johann’s vision of what we wanted a CA to be. What we were writing at one point had only a couple similarities to original “archons” and were otherwise 100% conceptually different. I’ve got like 3 Google docs I can send you to prove this. Your proposition here is stronger than anything Johann and I ever created. Passive connection, immunity to fire and sharp weapons, increased speed, the ability to “learn more magic” as is described in the last few paragraphs. You claim to have written a CA that emphasizes the detriment of the Void, yet what you’ve made is unironically just as strong as Phil’s archons.

38 minutes ago, IsaaKc said:

There’s plenty you can do with voidal magic right now that doesn’t necessitate a CA. All of Squak’s feats and world lore have allowed a wide range of leeway for MArt creation; within current voidal magic lore, you can do some really crazy ****. Adding more fuel to the fire doesn’t make an uncreative community suddenly creative. The tools are there, more people jus have to catch on.

You also drastically misunderstood me and Johann’s vision of what we wanted a CA to be. What we were writing at one point had only a couple similarities to original “archons” and we’re otherwise conceptually different. I’ve got like 3 Google docs I can send you to prove this.

You have misunderstood this lore, then. The current concept of the void is too kind; it is not as ruthless as it should be. All tools (i.e feats written by squak or otherwise) are still being fixed and brushed up on, and they could be - in my opinion - much more strict or vile. The void is, as I repeat, the antithesis of creation. People have roleplayed this Gandalf-aesthetic with the void (there is no problem in doing this at all, honesty) without getting into the thick heart of what the void could be. I have said this numerous times before. The void lore itself is perfectly fine, it's mainly got to do with the players. There is no active group of voidal mages that work together with written culture, nor have I seen anyone enforce or attempt to get into the deep-lore of the void in-roleplay. This lore actively provides an opportunity to get some cool culture out, and even if this lore is not accepted, it can be used as a basis for other voidal-cultures. 

I hate seeing voidal players wanting reach this point of immortality through tapping into Chaos and expecting to turn into a knight in shining armour, or something strong and powerful. I see it being discussed all the time in OOC, or seeing players cry about it in the ST chat. That's just my personal opinion, however. 

I read most renditions of the Archon-lore before writing this (specifically the write Johann posted which got clowned on by lhindir-squad, he sent it to me a few times I remember). You have either written it extremely poorly, or simply made it out to be voidal-archmage 2.0. It has key characteristics which fit the more gruesome playstyle of the void, but at the end of the day, it came off as this perfect spectre of the void. 

I don't argue that voidal-CA's suck ass, but this is more-so for players who want to go into a different, sickly route of voidal magic and attempting to roleplay its backlash when reaching far too deep in. I take offence to my lore post being compared to Archons when they are drastically different in aesthetic outside of the voidal-slots haha. Either I've been the one misunderstanding your vision for Archons with everyone else, or you did not portray it as it should have been (mirrored by the fact your lore was denied in 2-3 weeks, maybe less, and then was clowned on in the staff chat). 

it cannot harm the voidal community bcuz the voidal community doesnt exist btw (just wanted to let u know)

ngl this was going to be a meme lore i wrote after me n @ScreamingDingospoke about something funny but i decided to just write for the sake of writing until my job starts n im no longer able to write haha

Passive connection, immunity to fire and sharp weapons, increased speed, the ability to “learn more magic” as is described in the last few paragraphs. You claim to have written a CA that emphasizes the detriment of the Void, yet what you’ve made is unironically just as strong as Phil’s archons.

Passive connection - This simply makes sense, in all honesty. You become a sickly creature of the void. Why would you need to connect to something that is already connected to you, lol?

Immunity to fire - A skeleton walking through fire does not seem far-fetched, unless if it damages the soul or melts the bone. Most fire-spells have some sort of impact, which would do more damage than the actual flames themselves (combustion can still blow this thing apart). 

Increased speed - You're a literal walking skeleton, lol. I might redline this to be the case if you aren't wearing light-plates.

Learn more magic - You gain one more additional slot with the backlash of no longer being able to connect to any other non-voidal feat or magic, something a lot of voidal mages have currently minmaxed or used. 

I don't see where this is as powerful as phils archons lmfao.  A blind skeleton covered in sickly bile that is unable to see swords swinging at them, non-mana based magics being cast towards them, or structures and obstacles to walk to x and y, tethered by their insanity, harmed by slippery-objects and or water, and being harmed by heavy weight and blunt-force in 2-3 hits being much stronger than the rendition you wrote which mirrored some aspects but was more perfect in creation. 

p.s ur archon lore had it so u could catch projectiles mid air.. my creature cant even see arrows heading towards it..

seems good so far, just feels a little lacking w/out any description of the transformation or history of it, but as it stands i like disabled mana skeletons +1!!!

also isaac btfo

1 minute ago, Nug said:

seems good so far, just feels a little lacking w/out any description of the transformation or history of it, but as it stands i like disabled mana skeletons +1!!!

also isaac btfo

i havent written history or transformation cuz i wanted to ask ST for that help should they find it viable lol but cheers

I really like this, of course props for the pog tier formatting but I think I enjoy it more for how gnarly it makes the void look, which like you said is kind of what it should look like and I'd love to see more of the void like this. My only comment would be I feel like them being totally blind is maybe too much. Sure it might make sense being that the void is nothing and everything and I love almost all of the lack of senses, but I think I see the roleplay potential being harmed significantly if they can't even see shapes. I'd love to see the level of blindness toned down just to allow seeing basic shapes and auras in exchange for a positive effect that made senses to be removed, but that's just me. Hope you've got more writing in you. I'd love to see a really gnarly transformation ritual with some harsh potential consequences for those involved.