[✗] [CA Lore] Ugr'sil - the Mistaken

Werew0lf

1 minute ago, z3m0s said:

My only comment would be I feel like them being totally blind is maybe too much. Sure it might make sense being that the void is nothing and everything and I love almost all of the lack of senses, but I think I see the roleplay potential being harmed significantly if they can't even see shapes. I'd love to see the level of blindness toned down just to allow seeing basic shapes and auras in exchange for a positive effect that made senses to be removed, but that's just me. Hope you've got more writing in you. I'd love to see a really gnarly transformation ritual with some harsh potential consequences for those involved.

I agree to a certain degree. I was going to go for like some SCP-939 sort of deal where it was basic shapes and no colour besides black and white outlines. However, I started to write n reform because certain parts became too strong. These creatures will be able to see in areas where the void is immense (Ando-Alur falling and the voidal hollow is one of those places). It's another way of saying these creatures should not be roaming around without being punished, honestly. I agree with the sentiment and might change it later if it does become a roleplay detriment and ST agree with the sentiment.

cheers for the compliment

2 minutes ago, Screecher said:

felt like i read a dnd character bio

yh but look in discord dms

10 hours ago, Werew0lf said:

Ugr’sil may not FTB/ERP. 

lost me there sorry bud

9 minutes ago, Boxboiy said:

lost me there sorry bud

u into voidal horrors maybe ? we can bargain. 

11 hours ago, IsaaKc said:

no more archonposting. im 99% sure this is a joke but voidal CAs are harmful to the voidal magic community. I would know

You didn’t read it

14 hours ago, Werew0lf said:

lol kunuk wants like floating voidal manas knights with no weaknesses

i want the end-game of void mages to be u realise that the void is fucked. 

false. Tbf I meme hard about a voidal CA because I simply can. I find the weakness of this... thing? to be interesting in concept and design, far from what I had ever imagined. This though.... tf? I am so impressed yet so confused. Amazing?

but yes, the void is fucked, cool magic, but still fucked.

The formatting is brilliant, and the general idea and imagery follow suit. However, these appear to be horrendously overpowered.

If I were to write a summary for such a creature, based on the various features presented here, we would have the following:

-----

Ugr'sil are traditionally blind, skeletal creatures that do not feel pain. They are unharmed by swords, arrows and general sharp weaponry. Additionally, they do not need to breathe, are mostly fireproof, cannot bleed and are immune to poisons, diseases, venoms, voidal corruption, blight, taint and mana that would ordinarily harm or kill a descendant.

These creatures have superhuman agility due to their light weight, allowing them to move one extra block in RP. Despite their lack of musculature, they are capable of wearing light plate armour and can wield weapons, often negating the drawbacks of their physical form.

Despite being blind in the normal sense, they are capable of perceiving mana and therefore the descendants that inhabit the world. They are adept at using voidal magics, and can learn one extra voidal art over the average descendant. Due to their affinity for this magic type, they also do not need to emote a connection, hastening their offensive capabilities.

------

Basically what we have here are absolute units of magical proficiency that can only be harmed by crushing blows that they can avoid quite easily.

I do have some questions and concerns which I hope can be answered here.

- Although unable to see in the normal way, they can see mana and we can assume they can see descendants. If this is the case, they are more than capable of avoiding combat that would actually cause them harm; heightened agility and magical prowess. We can assume in the case of projectiles that most will cause little to no harm.

- If Ugr'sil cannot taste or smell, why can they hear and communicate?

- Apart from the blindness that has some clear loopholes, what real weaknesses do they present? In many ways they seem to have exceptional immunity to most mortal concerns. Considering they would have 6 magic slots available for voidal arts, is it really a drawback not to have access to other (most likely inferior) magics?

- If voidal corruption is what causes their deterioration and consistent pain, why are they immune to it elsewhere?

Would honestly make these more brittle ngl, void would make them weak to most kinds of attacks, at least clarify this if it already is the case. Maybe add some kind of counter, idk are they weak to a specific material ??

Otherwise, I like this a lot. 

1 hour ago, Smaw said:

- Although unable to see in the normal way, they can see mana and we can assume they can see descendants. If this is the case, they are more than capable of avoiding combat that would actually cause them harm; heightened agility and magical prowess. We can assume in the case of projectiles that most will cause little to no harm.

yo yo, and nah. If you’ve ever played certain games that invoke blindness in the killer (totally didn’t rip this off), they are unable to see the descendant themselves. Imagine seeing like a blob of mana floating in front of you, that would be it. They are, in most aspects, truly blind. They have the agility, but are unable to see the obstacles in the way (and so might collide with walls, trip on hills and rocks, or otherwise). These creatures would be unable to tell when someone is swinging at them, and projectiles (commonly arrows, non-mana based) will not be seen by them when coming towards them. I don’t see how traditionally projectiles will cause no harm when bows & crossbows have piercing impact. 

1 hour ago, Smaw said:

- If Ugr'sil cannot taste or smell, why can they hear and communicate?

magic. would become a shitty interactive creature that can’t interact with others

this doesn’t need to be explained in a fantasy trope rlly. why are the bones of the ugr’sil able to remain n not the skin n muscles (same ****)

1 hour ago, Smaw said:

- Apart from the blindness that has some clear loopholes, what real weaknesses do they present? In many ways they seem to have exceptional immunity to most mortal concerns. Considering they would have 6 magic slots available for voidal arts, is it really a drawback not to have access to other (most likely inferior) magics?

they are listed in the redlines :D

1 hour ago, Smaw said:

- If voidal corruption is what causes their deterioration and consistent pain, why are they immune to it elsewhere?

can’t rlly speed up their voidal corruption, essentially. they’re kinda at the top-to-all for how corrupted n fucked you can get essentially, so when they enter other voidal sites n ****, it’s not rlly gonna speed it up (could write a mechanic for effects such as pain n **** still being a thing) 

9 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

yo yo, and nah.

We can assume in most cases that these creatures would simply assume any mana blob in their vision to be a threat. I could see this resulting in a lot of trigger happy confrontations which just wouldn't be fun for anyone.

Really, arrows and the like aren't exactly a weakness in their inability to perceive them because it reads like they would do little to no harm to the creature anyway. It seems like you could shoot them with a barrage of arrows, but they wouldn't bleed out, they don't feel pain and they don't have the musculature to keel over. 

If as you stated in a later response they're held together magically (clearly) then what, besides from water (assuming submerging) would actually break them apart? A Ugr'sil with broken arms and legs, or even no appendages at all seems irrelevant to their overall ability to cause harm.

I appreciate the blindness conveyed here and the agility being hindered by the aforementioned, but if they really do end up being bumbling creatures stumbling into everything then what RP would be gleaned from this? I can see it being largely ignored.

magic. would become a shitty interactive creature that can’t interact with others

This one was less a critique than a general enquiry to understand the lore. If they can speak and hear magically, why can't they smell and taste? Point being that there are some clear drawbacks here that could be expanded upon to make the creature more viable. 

Not being able to communicate traditionally, or even hear would be huge weaknesses. You could forgive many of the overpowered features in light of something like that.

they are listed in the redlines :D

Let's be fair, they're just not.

I've read through it and from what I understand there really aren't any weaknesses to this creature apart from blindness. It's far too immune to so many world aspects that tacking on the fact that they suffer all traditional void red lines just isn't sufficient.

26 minutes ago, Smaw said:

We can assume in most cases that these creatures would simply assume any mana blob in their vision to be a threat. I could see this resulting in a lot of trigger happy confrontations which just wouldn't be fun for anyone.

Really, arrows and the like aren't exactly a weakness in their inability to perceive them because it reads like they would do little to no harm to the creature anyway. It seems like you could shoot them with a barrage of arrows, but they wouldn't bleed out, they don't feel pain and they don't have the musculature to keel over. 

If as you stated in a later response they're held together magically (clearly) then what, besides from water (assuming submerging) would actually break them apart? A Ugr'sil with broken arms and legs, or even no appendages at all seems irrelevant to their overall ability to cause harm.

I appreciate the blindness conveyed here and the agility being hindered by the aforementioned, but if they really do end up being bumbling creatures stumbling into everything then what RP would be gleaned from this? I can see it being largely ignored.

This one was less a critique than a general enquiry to understand the lore. If they can speak and hear magically, why can't they smell and taste? Point being that there are some clear drawbacks here that could be expanded upon to make the creature more viable. 

Not being able to communicate traditionally, or even hear would be huge weaknesses. You could forgive many of the overpowered features in light of something like that.

Let's be fair, they're just not.

I've read through it and from what I understand there really aren't any weaknesses to this creature apart from blindness. It's far too immune to so many world aspects that tacking on the fact that they suffer all traditional void red lines just isn't sufficient.

honestly ur just wrong. that’s it rlly. 

jk feedback noted n I’ll mend some **** to nerf n add more redlines