ON ROLEPLAY DISTINCTION

clonky

6 hours ago, Jentos said:

This is the kind of ideology which brings people to scream out in OOC. This is a server - states, and individuals will collide, and they must, because that's the thrill, it's the entire point of LoTC's geopolitics, except these are often marred by jaded individuals incomprehensibly angry that people have different ideas and desires in roleplay, and might even influence them, including aggressive and unethical behaviour. Roleplay is mean to be fluid, to be about interaction first and foremost, and to roleplay only with small groups leads to eventual stagnation, to a certain staleness.

If roleplay indeed is better suited for a small group of friends, and you foremost care for the highest quality of roleplay, then by all means set up a private server. Otherwise, we have to know to let go of our ego when it comes to interacting with each other.

We can share a sandbox, and have fun. It's entirely possible, but it all depends on the mindset of the different parties involved. But if we're all reaching for a non-existent crown while jabbing at each other through means other than roleplay, then we have a problem. We have to accept that we are here to roleplay, to play a role. And that includes losing, being lying to, to get fooled. People unwilling to accept those losses are the problem. 

ty for quoting me your thesis

But my opinion is not an ideology, nor does it have followers. Players on this server have been a certain way for years. If you think you can share the sandbox then promote that change in the community.

I don't see changes happening, I see an unmoderated forum where players enjoy essentially subtweeting eachother or sneak dissing for upvotes, and a missing ruleset for finalized conflict. We've gone through this cycle many times, this isn't the first post of its kind and it will likely not be its last.

9 hours ago, MissAnneDrey said:

tbh, i think theres a huge problem with human rp and creating storylines. human rp is largely centered around nobility, nobility can create drama, so on and so forth. for example: rebecca wants to be the queen of the Kingdom of pete burns, and devises a plot with her friends to help her, however, jenny becomes the queen. now heres where it can go two ways, rebecca can continue to fight for it, or she can simply give up and say "oh well. maybe next time!" (which, usually happens).

That plot will never happen or work because someone will metagame it and execute Rebecca and her friends for some dumb reason- as well as the fact most future rulers/their wives/children are planned out in a significant advance, in human nations, at least. The OOC level of planning on this server is very zzz. I miss the days of logging on and doing dumb **** and goofing off instead of having to look at who, how, and why everyone is schizoposting. 

On 9/22/2021 at 8:23 PM, DrakeHaze. said:

But my opinion is not an ideology, nor does it have followers. Players on this server have been a certain way for years. If you think you can share the sandbox then promote that change in the community.

I think that's the point of this post. You know just as well as I of how brutally toxic our community was four, five, six years ago. "Barbecuing routers" wasn't just a joke, it was god damn reality.

The key here is hitting home on these points again and again, year after year, even if we keep making progress. Minecraft roleplay is already so much more of a collaborative atmosphere than other roleplaying communities. It's a damn shame if we try and cap it because it's hard to imagine people being more collaborative. The hard part is done by even getting this kind of community to exist. Let's keep making it better.