THE ASSASSINATION OF CARDINAL BASIL

ReveredOwl

r

Father Paco wept for the fallen clergymen and wished he could have reached his monastic colleague Basil in particular with valuable information.

Father Vladrick would say a prayer to his Brother in cloth "Vy were one of the only men who truly took the church's teachings to heart"

The late Holy Mother prayed for the Cardinal's soul. 

Cardinal Francis removes his silver-rimmed spectacles to wipe a tear from his eye. He utters in growing anger as his fist clenches at his side "How many more.. How much more must we lose to those.. those wretched saurian monstrosities!" The typically composed Clergyman slams his fist upon his desk and calls out in anguish "How much more?!"

Basil? A total shrew of a man to be sure. However, a Cardinal of the Church deserves better than to be cut down in cold blood. Even he did not deserve this. 

The Savoyards must answer for this.  They are killing Priests in their city. 

Says Minuvas.

Becclain received news of what happened on that day after he left. His gaze settled upon the distant ocean as he sat there, pondering to himself before saying something “Oh my… It’s sad to hear that someone who preached good is now gone from this world- taken to soon. I can’t believe these Savoyards are killing their own clergy members now, and all for what? He wished to save someone dear to me and they went against it. This is very concerning indeed.” 

Charles Darkwood prayed for the slain Cardinal.

As Basil succumbed to death and ascended to peace, passing through those heavenly gates which marked the end of mortal life and the beginning of the eternal, the Cardinal would, at some point, be met by the face of an old friend. Jude II, healed of all mortal wounds and dressed in fine, pure white silks, would take Basil with his hands by each of the Father's arms, speaking unto him with a joyful smile, "Oh, dear Basil--once my subordinate, now my equal in joyous and eternal servitude to the Lord. I welcome you, brother, to true peace, of which, verily, you are deserving." he said in an exuberant tone. "While we may have disagreed at times in life, I recognized you as a man of duty, your toils endless. The construction of the Abbey under my Pontificate remains to be one of your great feats. And even in your aging days, you undertook an even greater project--the repairing of the Basilica at the heart of our Holy See." he nodded. "Certainly, you, in your advocacy for all, are a virtuous man and now sit among the virtuous in these here Skies. Speaking of which, I do believe Father Gawain awaits you. Go, dear friend." With that said and a pat laid upon Basil's shoulder, the Venerable Pontiff left the man of virtue to his eternal rest, where those pains inflicted unto him in life and upon death would all be washed away by the hand of GOD.