Do not Weep [PK]

Remyy

Do not weep for me, for I will soon be gone.
My body may die, but my soul will live on.
Perhaps up to heaven, maybe eternity,
or be reborn as another, when I am set free.

=====================================================

It wouldn’t be long now. He had managed to surpass even what was expected of him, living on even while the doctors said he would not. Cecil had been fighting an unwinnable battle for as long as he could remember. With each passing day, his body was set alight with a torturous flame, and still he refused to succumb to its release. 

On a cold day, letters would be delivered by an aging Vulture. Friends and family would easily recognize Anura as Cecil’s Ichorian companion.

To Quillian

Spoiler

Haelun, it’s been quite a long time since we spoke. I’m sorry that this will be our last correspondence. In the beginning, I was lost and unsure of my place in the world. All that remained of my memory was horrible deeds that a fake wearing my skin had committed. You were a light in my darkness. There were many things you taught me, and I am honored to be called your son. I’m sorry that I wasn’t strong enough to see you again.

I love you,

Cecil L.

To Hareven

Spoiler

It’s been.. Years since we last spoke. In recent times I feel as though you grew cold towards me, and I admit that this hurt. It seemed as if I was the only one who initiated contact, and even then I grew tired of being the only one to do so. Regardless, you were a rock in my life. I looked up to you - you were (almost) everything that I aspired to be..

Thank you, Maln.

Cecil L.

To Zolvan

Spoiler

I’m sorry that we could not get to know each other better before my - [The Letter is unfinished]

To Emerald

Spoiler

I’m sorry to leave you without a father again. In what little time we spent together, I truly treasured you and saw you as my own daughter. Writing these words do not do my love for you any justice, and to you I leave behind all of my herbs and medicines, including my research journals. Please continue to do what you love, no matter what the world tells you.

With all My Heart

Cecil L.

To Lysanthir

Spoiler

I’m not certain if my recent letters have found you, as I have never received any replies from them. Suika has grown since you last visited. She takes after you in stubbornness, and she’s the spitting image of you. I’m dead, when you are reading this. I am sorry that I was not enough.

You mean ev
Please don’t be upset

I love you. I’m sorry we never got to have our wedding.

Cecil L.

To Suika

Spoiler

My sunshine, my light. You know my ailment has taken a turn for the worse, but I have hidden away the extent of it. By the time you receive this letter, it is likely Emerald has already found my body. I’m sorry for leaving you so soon. Everything I own (save for my medical books) will go to you, including my staff. Take care of it. In my life, you were everything to me. I am unbelievably happy that I got to see you grow up.. I only apologize for not being there for your wedding.

I love you. Please, be happy.
Your Maln

Cecil Lorenthus was dead.

Suika would view the letter she receives. Upon reading its contents, her entire world shatters around her. She weeps, never to be the same.

This his name and face were unfamiliar, Brother Fate would not go unwelcomed upon his arrival in the forest. Sister Lamb, a little hafling which walked with her tall crook, would welcome him as warmly as any other.

Any questions he had, she would do her best to answer.

Should he seek any other Brothers or Sisters who had passed before him, she would help guide him to the ones he loved.

Or just as simply if he wished to rest, she would quite gladly show him to a suited spot and see that no curious creatures of the fae disturbed him.

In that Eternal Forest, he'd soon find too that the ails of his body were behind him.

R