XXXIII Session of Royal Duma

Office of the Lord Speaker

XXXIII SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

OFFICE OF THE ROYAL DUMA

Issues and Confirmed by His Majesty King Sigismund III

-Wd27_aZJ2W6y2kUs5RVJRJa_-Ywc5wRiUHoBQs1oKw1VjRzcLiOpL2cYUpFTHaB0wfTrLYYp_koag2b6gwL_mA3ZQTUG45dU6NcJp0vD9xL4c0j0BslJUqWii4zx41TOH5rekuV

16th of Vzmey and Hyff, 393

The XXXII Session of the Royal Duma is hereby called into session by His Majesty, King Sigismund III of Hanseti-Ruska and the Aulic Government. 

Members of the Royal Duma shall include: 

1. Herzen Ruslan Baruch @Sarmadonn

2. Herzen Ailred Ruthern @biggestdon

3. Komit Johann Barclay @Frymark

4. Komit Jan Kortrevich @Luminaire

5. Vikomit Isaak Amador @Pureimp10

6. Bossir Robert Ludovar @erictafoya

7. Bossir Yvo Mondblume @Limo_man

8. Bossir Otto Morovar @Mio

10. Royal Alderman Iris Peregrin @TakeMeT0TheFae @Hearth

11. Royal Alderman Raden Decaden @Lizard

12. Grand Maer Feodor May @Sander

13. Lord Palatine Adrian Colborn @JuliusAakerlund

The aforementioned members of the Royal Duma are forthwith called upon to discuss nominations and appointments of the following positions prior to the first sitting, Tov and Yermey, 387 [26/09 (Sunday) 3PM EST], at which time voting shall be considered closed:

Lord Handler: serves as de-facto pro-tempore Speaker in the absence of Lord Herzen. The Lord Handler is the only other office within the chambers that may wield the Black Bulava. The Lord Handler shall be elected from among the representatives of the Royal Duma by the representatives and confirmed by the Herzen at the beginning of each term.

Members of the Royal Duma are invited to nominate themselves to this office and cordially debate other nominations by letter to the Lord Herzen. All members are asked to vote for any proposed officer.

[[ONLY TAGGED MEMBERS ABOVE ARE PERMITTED TO POST.]]

Edited by Office of the Lord Speaker

[!] A letter bearing the seal of  House Ludovar is sent to the Office of The Lord Speaker via fat courier and is addressed to His Excellency, Ruslan Baruch.

"To His Excellency, Herzan Ruslan Baruch, Lord Speaker of Hanseti-Ruska,

After careful deliberation with my advisors and elder council, I, Robert Aleksandr Ludovar, Baron of Otistadt, and Lord of Kazstadt, hereby nominate myself to serve as the Lord Handler of the Royal Duma and to His Excellency, The Lord Speaker."

Signed,
His Lordship, Robert Aleksandr Ludovar, Baron of Otistadt and Lord of Kazstadt

*A letter would arrive at the office of the Lord Speaker*

I nominate Vikomit Isaak Amador for the position of Lord Handler.

Signed,

Alderman Peregrin.

The Deputy Palatine, Kaustantin Barcuh arrives with a letter in hand. It reads as follows as the Lord Speaker scans over its contents.

"I have faith in the abilities of Robert Ludovar and as such nominate him for Lord Handler."

Signed,

Lord Palatine Adrian Colborn

A letter arrived from Aurveldt.

"I was surprised to hear of my nomination for Lord Handler, but I gratefully accept it and vote for myself for the position.

Signed,

Isaak Amador, Viscount of Aurveldt"

[!] A letter would find its way to the Lord Speaker, carrying the seal of House Barclay.

''I too, wish to nominate Komit Robert Ludovar for the position of Lord Handler.

Signed,

Johann Barclay, Count of Reinmar''

[!]  A letter arrives for the lord speaker with the seal of House Mondblume

"Zy vish to nominate Isaak Amador for zhe position of Lord Handler."

Signed, Yvo Mondblume, Bossir of Richtenburg

Aleksandr var Ruthern, at the behest of his cousin the Duke, sends in a response enclosed in the wax seal of House Ruthern.

"On behalf of Ailred, Duke of Vidaus, House Ruthern votes for Isaak Amador as Lord Handler.

Signed,

Lord Aleksandr var Ruthern

on behalf of

His Grace, Ailred, Duke of Vidaus"

[!] A letter drenched in sea water makes it's way to the Lord Speaker, it stated ever so simply:

"House Morovar casts its vote for Isaak Amador for Lord Handler.

Signed,

Otto August Morovar, Baron of Ghaestenwald''

[!] Another letter would arrive at the Lord Speaker's Office, carrying the seal of the City of Karosgrad.

"I nominate Isaak of House Amador for the position of Lord Handler.

Signed,
Grand Maer Feodor A. May"

[!] The Deputy Palatine arrived not only with the Lord Palatine's letter, but one of his own, sealed with the crest of House Baruch.

"By the will of Duke Ruslan Eirik Baruch, the seat of Herzen Baruch votes to nominate Bossir Robert Ludovar to the Position of Lord Handler.

IV JOVEO MAAN
Signed,
Kaustantin Baruch and Karl Grassley of Lallybroch."

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 392 SITTING

OF THE XXXII SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

yEgkuaeNGztvotRYzIDezBJHPp42OgHDZXMgV9kD2bYTwni9HmlPxpeKwVd5mujGakGsIQHi3tzTSR4ca-G2Z_u_eeKsicVQXf2GOlJkH7J_rcvnZZi-RdbZfnZiPtXxX-aNnmZ3

From the Office of the Lord Speaker.

On this 6th of Tov and Yermey, 392 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderman Decaden

Royal Alderman Peregrin

Grand Maer May

Lord Palatine Colborn

IN ABSENTIA

Ruslan Baruch: “Order! This sitting on the 4th of Tov and Yermey, 392 ES, the first new session of His Majesty’s Royal Duma shall now come to order. We've reached quorum.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Before we get in to our bill, I’ll let you all know that after this upcoming' bill, we will be debating' on the current conflict with' the upjumped pointy-eared creatures in Haelunor. I ask you' all to be prepared for the' debate.”

Ruslan Baruch: “With that, we shall now be discussing The Azdrazi Inquisition Act of  392 ES, written by Vikomit Isaak Amador. The chair calls upon Vikomit Amador to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Isaak Amador: “Yes, anyways, this is a very simple and straightforward bill. As many of you know, the Church has called for an inquisition against the Azdrazi, and His Majesty dispatched two of his knights to investigate them. This bill is to reaffirm our Canonist's nations efforts in combatting the Azdrazi threat. That is all”

Ruslan Baruch: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “As per the Dark Magics Affair Act of 357 E.S, dark magic of any form is against the law. Do you think the Azdrazi do not fall into this branding?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “The Azdrazi are creatures, abominations to be precise.”

Isaak Amador: “That was not in the law code itself, despite being passed. I was not aware if the bill had gained royal assent or not.”

Isaak Amador: “Regardless, that law only bans dark magic, yes? Does it include provisions for collaborators of dark magic users?”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “Yes, that is an issue in itself. Perhaps another Bill idea for you, Vikomit Amador. I was just wanting to ask if these Azdrazi are not dark magic users from a legal standpoint.”

Ruslan Baruch: “One moment.”

Ruslan Baruch: “It appears this bill Representative Ruthern is speaking of was indeed passed under the treasonous [REDACTED] Irene Sarkozy, and if I’m reading this correct, meant to be put in to the law code.”

Isaak Amador: “The question itself provides a reason for introducing a law specific to Azdrazi. I do not wish for these creatures or their collaborators to avoid punishment due to semantics.”

Adrian Colborn: “Is the father of dragons not considered a Daemon? I believe it so. For he is certainly not an Aengul of Canondom. And those who draw power for Daemons are of a dark nature then. For Iblees is certainly not the only one of his kind, though, certainly the worst.”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “Yes, but like the Vikomit Amador himself said. Co-conspirators of these Azdrazi sometimes do not use this magic.”

Adrian Colborn: “Certainly, perhaps we should expand the bill that formerly passed to include such?”

Aleksandr Ruthern: “Regardless my worries have been answered and I agree with the Vikomit. I'll leave my cousin's son to represent House Ruthern now.”

~ Joren Ruthern arrives. ~

Isaak Amador: “An issue for a later Duma. The issue highlighted by this bill is far too important to leave unanswered for longer. Specifically the matter of collaborators.”

Adrian Colborn: “Certainly, though I strongly believe we should likewise outlaw the collaborators of any dark magic. I have no further questions.”

Ruslan Baruch: “If there are no more concerns, will there be a motion to vote?”

Isaak Amador: “Yes.” 

Ruslan Baruch: “A second?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I second.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Motion passed, we will move to a vote.”

AZDRAZI INQUISITION ACT, 392 E.S.

By Vikomit Isaak Amador

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Komit Barclay

Vikomit Amador

Baron Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderman Peregrin

Royal Alderman Decaden

Lord Palatine Colborn

NAY

Herzen Ruthern

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Grand Maer May

Komit Kortrevich

The Azdrazi Inquisition Act has passed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “We will now begin a debate on the current conflict with Haelunor.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Motion to start the debate myself, Lord Speaker.”

Ruslan Baruch:“You may begin, Representative Baruch. While Representative Baruch speaks, Ah' ask ye' all t' read o'er wha' His Majesty has written in this letter.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “My fellow Duma representatives, aldermen and Herzens, it truly feels like we have lost our way to debate this. In the continued truce of this war we've forgotten the horrors those in the Silver State commit. Slaughterings on the excuse of impurity, disrespect to our Kongzem and threats to our very lives. In my eyes, a truce is not an option, we must continue our pressure onto them, we shall not give them a moment to breath, Not one of any Saint from Mother Ruska took rest in the pursuit of honor, to right those who wronged them.”

Adrian Colborn: “I couldn't put it better myself.”

Robert Ludovar: “The Brotherhood of Saint Karl does not forget! Our loyal High Elven subjects surely don't forget the horrors they went through!”

Isaak Amador: “How would you classify the last few years, Lord Baruch?”

Isaak Amador: “Were they not a moment to breath while nothing was done?

Kaustantin Baruch:“Indeed they had those moments, and the Azdrazis they once shielded during our little break went ahead to bomb Savoy's Basilica and the Cathedral in Providence.”

~ Jan Otto Kortrevich arrives. ~

Kaustantin Baruch: “It does not matter that they do not support them now, but we now pay the price for our inept action into this war.”

Isaak Amador: “The Silver State does not even acknowledge that they are at war, and we can not properly fight them either. How do you fight someone like this?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I know good men in the Brotherhood who do, ones that are sitting on the gallery and near.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Vikomit Amador brings up a valid point. While we are at war with the pointy-ears, we can not engage in proper combat with them at the moment.”

Jan Kortrevich:“Are you implying we should take the coward's way out and make peace, Vikomit?”

Isaak Amador: “We are already practically at peace, Lord Kortrevich. I have not heard of any action against them in recent years. This war will simply last forever if we can not ever fight them.”

Iris Peregrin: “The silver state has not been a friend of the wee-folk either, even recently they still refuse to see us as people. If nothing' is done they will eventually find their way here and slaughter all they deem impure.”

Robert Ludovar: “They are too craven to even march out of their gates.”

Joren Ruthern: “The walls are impossible to enter. I would hardly call that ineptitude.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “They are not impossible. I myself went through them as a conscript with good men who lead the Brotherhood.”

Joren Ruthern: “Are you accusing the lord marshal of ineptitude, or our military? Every small crack they find is walled up by some unholy magical beings who tell them where you can get over a three block wall.”

Jan Kortrevich: “Just because there has not been any fighting does not mean we are at peace, Vikomit.”

Joren Ruthern: “The next part of this war is simple, and it is not in battle. We must attack them 

diplomatically abroad.”

Jan Kortrevich: “Do you truly believe the dagger ears would want a peace deal that would not humiliate the Kongzem?”

Isaak Amador: “I'm simply questioning the value of continuing a war that we physically can not fight.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “What have we exactly seen as a direct consequence of continuing this war?”

Jan Kortrevich: “Nothing! There has been no harm for Haense in continuing this conflict.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Not to mention that every brotherhood that passes through the door behind me would tell you that they would love to continue the struggle.

Ruslan Baruch: “Order.”

Ruslan Baruch: “At this current moment, we find it difficult to engage in combat with these elves. Until we can properly do so, are there any in the Duma that favor the idea of sanctions against the elves temporarily?”

Isaak Amador: “Sanctions and diplomacy abroad against them da, like the young Ruthern proposed.”

Iris Peregrin: “Aye, I agree.”

Isaak Amador: “Renew our neutrality treaty with Oren and cut the Silver State off from their only ally.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Representative Ruthern. Have you any idea of sanctions?”

Joren Ruthern: “If Oren want to be friendly with us, they can not be friendly with the Elves. I’m sure we can convince Savoyards to go ear hunting if we want.”

Joren Ruthern: “Make our allies choose one or the other. Isolate them.”

Isaak Amador: “I'm sure the Orenians would side with us over the Silver State if they had reason to do so. Otherwise known as a renewed neutrality treaty.”

Adrian Colborn: “In the end this war will only end when we are able to strike down the problem from the root. Though sanctions certainly would make a difference, and we should thus do so. With the Azdrazi now tainting their lands, we have even further reason to do what we do.”

Isaak Amador: “They banished the Azdrazi last Saint's day.”

Joren Ruthern: “We need to make them sweat, da? We can not be friends with those who would be friends with our enemies. If they are too craven to face our armies, lets go encourage them to fight someone more their size like the Rustlers, or some other creature of that nature.”

Adrian Colborn: “Banished on paper, there is plenty that indicates their presence yet remains. The Sohaer can barely contain his own people.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “No [REDACTED], he keeps trying to kill half of them.”

Jan Kortrevich: “You have too much faith in the dagger ears, Vikomit Amador.”

Joren Ruthern: “Is there some government in exile we can support in being voted?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “He will not last long.”

Joren Ruthern: “I believe that is how they work.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Ah' will look in t' tha', Representative Ruthern.”

Adrian Colborn: “To me, their 'banishment' is simply another attempt to halt hostilities.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Lord Speaker, I motion to vote.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Overruled.”

Isaak Amador: “I'd like to hear the Envoy's reasoning for rejecting a neutrality pact with Oren to cut them off from the Silver State.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Komit Kortrevich, respond to Vikomit Amador's concerns.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “The Orenians are rather busy with the Savoyards, Vikomit Amador. They do not care.”

Joren Ruthern: “I further motion, we ask the Dwarves of Urguan to cut off their roads. Do not allow any new Elves to become degenerate and move to that city upon the road.”

Robert Ludovar: “It's merely just a political tool to make them seem likeable to the rest of the general populace, but the dragonkin runs rampid within their streets! I do not trust enemy propaganda.”

Isaak Amador: “And you believe they would not side with the Silver State as their treaty obliges them to?”

Jan Kortrevich: “Did you ever hear eam saying ea reject the idea, Vikomit?”

~ Grand Maer Feodor May arrives. ~

Isaak Amador: “You frowned at me when I suggested it the first time, Lord Envoy.. Forgive me for taking that as a sign of your disapproval.”

Jan Kortrevich: “Ea don't recall ever stating such! Besides, it's not like the Empire cares about Haelun'or to begin with. A neutrality pact would be needless paperwork with no actual results. It will prevent something that will not happen either way. You have to remember the Empire still has an alliance with the Haelun'orians, and they have never cared about our conflict since it began.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Vikomit Amador. If you let the High Elves who butcher impures at the open streets to run away from Honor and Justice, Godan will not ever forgive you. It is our moral obligation to continue this war, such is the pursuit of honor. 

Ruslan Baruch: “Order. We've heard enough debate I believe.

Robert Ludovar: “Lord Speaker, it is a travestsy that peace with these Haelunorian Elves is even considered. I see no change in Vikomit Amador's views, and I don't think any other members of the Duma will be swayed either. I motion to vote.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I second the motion.”

Ruslan Baruch:“Overruled.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I demand to know why.”

Ruslan Baruch: “I’m about to explain it if you’d shut your hole. One more interjection and your gone, Representative Baruch.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Let the hall know, we will begin a vote on whether we should continue this war with the Elves as we have been, or if we should sue for some sort of peace temporarily until we can properly fight the Elves.”

Jan Kortrevich: “I’m not going to sue for peace with any Elf.” 

~ Joren Ruthern rose his hand. ~

Ruslan Baruch: “Representative Ruthern.”

Joren Ruthern: “Lord Speaker. I do not believe any in the chamber wish for peace. It is more about how this war should be conducted as of now. I wish to amend the motion of your vote on continuing as have now, or pushing for a new form of war in the sense of isolation.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Thay amendment can be made if those in the hall agree with it. Ayes will be fot continuing this war as we have been, no change. A vote of no will be for those who wish to wage war in a more diplomatic manner. The vote will begin now.”

HAELUNOR WAR ADVISORY, 392 E.S.

AYE

NAY

Herzen Baruch

Komit Barclay

Vikomit Amador

Baron Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderman Peregrin

Royal Alderman Decaden

Lord Palatine Colborn

Grand Maer May

Komit Kortrevich

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

N/A 

The Royal Duma has unanimously deemed it fit to continue the war with Haelunor in a more diplomatic manner.

Ruslan Baruch: “This sitting is dismissed.”

[!] A letter would arrive to the Lord speaker.  

"I would like to nominate sir Komit Robert Ludovar for the for the position of Lord Handler.

Signed,

Elected Alderman, Raden Decaden"

On the First Sitting of the XXXIII Duma

Q84nJGgD42zISMNtriOPUDvaSPCusVhI2nhqcgN65sTlVNfPSZSt-Gi1FgMgLXVfYFYOoSb-c2fE8Zir0KQAygx9muhDG9Zdlho0aDxkApATRoftj0ROF9UVvQAPzyiqKVqyvokp=s0

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

Issued by the

CROWN

on this 11th day of Tov and Yermey of 393ES

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV AG ALDYLEVAR

The Crown commits to these communications following each Sitting of the Royal Duma to both engage with its Officers and to commit to action, or explain omission, regarding its advices and bills. Regarding the First Sitting of the XXXIII Duma, the following is decreed:

• The Azdrazi Inquistion Act: The Crown shall sign the Bill into law with respect to its passage through the legislature by majority vote. However, reference to the 'Canonist Inquisition' shall be omitted from the signed Act, as this Inquisition lacks any other legal foundation or mention within the Haurul Caezk.

• The Haelunor War Advisory: The Crown notes with pride the vigor of the Duma towards the war effort against the High Elven menace. While the advice rendered is accepted readily, and to date several efforts have been made towards the diplomatic isolation of the Silver State, the Crown must also note that the Silver State has sacrificed their sovereignty as an independent nation in response to international pressure, chiefly by our Kongzem. While such a result is no less deserved, the Crown does not look lightly upon other nations of Canondom harbouring godless heathens and enemies of the Kongzem. At present, the new diplomatic landscape must be ascertained by the Office of the Envoy.

IV JOVEO MAAN

His Royal Majesty SIGISMUND III by the Grace of Godan, King of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Hetman of the Army, Prince of Bihar, Dules, Lahy, Muldav, Solvesborg, Slesvik and Ulgaard, Duke of Carnatia, Margrave of Korstadt, Rothswald and Vasiland, Count of Alban, Alimar, Baranya, Graiswald, Karikhov, Karovia, Kaunas, Kavat, Kovachgrad, Kvasz, Markev, Nenzing, Torun, and Toruv, Viscount of Varna, Baron of Esenstadt, Kraken’s Watch, Kralta, Krepost, Lorentz, Rytsburg, Thurant, Venzia and Astfield, Lord of the Westfolk, Protector of the Highlanders, etcetera.

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 393 SITTING

OF THE XXXIII SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

eBsIVCJCmaCqB72Shl_v9gg3zj4qTIElqnalIxHLve4Vx6ChRzCnar7UBxLOrmgs1RV1sj93WFNurUN2xayHr3wx7BQe6VaaIt2LNjXlNmsfIqAQWeKhvgiL83fjz62Z4w

From the Office of the Lord Speaker.

On this 5th of Tov and Yermey, 393 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderman Raden Decaden

Royal Alderwoman Iris Peregrin

Grand Maer May

IN ABSENTIA

Lord Palatine Colborn

Ruslan Baruch: “Order! This sitting of this 4th of Tov and Yermey, 393 E.S. session of His Majesty’s Royal Duma shall now come to order. Quorum has been achieved, and the sitting shall now begin. Before we begin, a few Ayrian men will now hand you all a letter written by His Majesty calling for a debate on the Haurul Caezk. We will be debating a section of this after our bill today. Read it while you’re listening to this bill, if you can manage it.”

“We shall now be discussing The Reigning Monarch Act of 393 E.S, written by Count Jan Kortrevich. The chair calls upon Representative Kortrevich to give his opening remarks to the chamber.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Can we just move to a vote, Lord Speaker? This bill is rather straightforward. None of us wish to be here long.”

Joren Ruthern: “I second the motion.”

Ruslan Baruch: “That is not possible Representative Kortrevich, this bill has not yet been passed out. These people here have not read the contents of your bill. Briefly explain it, and I’m sure you’ll get your motions to vote.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “...Who is the King of Haense, folks? That’s right, it’s King Sigmund III! This bill will simply revise the Haurul Caezk to recognize such.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Joren Ruthern: “I motion to vote.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I second the motion.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The motion is passed.” 

REIGNING MONARCH ACT, 393 E.S.

By Jan Kortrevich

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderman Raden Decaden

Royal Alderwoman Iris Peregrin

Grand Maer May

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Lord Palatine Colborn

The Reigning Monarch Act has passed through the Royal Duma.

Ruslan Baruch: “Now, His Majesty wishes for us to debate the contents of the Haurul Caezk. If you’d all move your eyes to the second question of debate. ‘Is the Haurul Caezk practical?’ I don’t imagine many people here have read the entire contents of our Haurul Caezk, so I believe this question will be easiest for everyone to discuss.

Nikoleta Barbanov: “Can you explain the basics of the Haurul Caezk so everyone has the same base information on the subject?”

Ruslan Baruch: “Yes. The Haurul Caezk, for those who do not know, is a strong foundation on which our Kingdom is built. It explains how our Kingdom functions, but the majority of its contents are our laws. The bills you all submit, if accepted, are implemented in our Haurul Caezk. Just in case you need it, the Ayrian men from before will hand you each a copy.”

Joren Ruthern: “I believe by the question of the Crown, yes it does the job. I do not think someone needs a jurist's help.”

Ruslan Baruch: “So - is the Haurul Caezk practical? Can its provisions be understood by the average subject? Does it force a subject to seek out a jurist just to digest the law? The floor opens for unmoderated debate.

Erwin Bishop: “May I approach the table, Lord Speaker?”

Ruslan Baruch: “You may, Representative Ludovar.”

Erwin Bishop: “As someone who has read four of the seven chapters of the Haurul Caezk, I can attest that it is not a difficult text to understand with elementary literacy, which I’m sure all of the current citizenry and nobility of the Kingdom possess. Further, it is broken into reasonably concise, and understandable subsections and listed points.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I agree with Representative Bishop, it is rather apparent that the Haurul Caezk was written during a surprise, our abrupt independence. Despite this, Lord Palatine Wick did not make it Orenian, or copy it out of the Oren Revised Code. Despite this, in a time of abruption, having it simplified to the common citizen was out of question, considering how challenging it is. Now is a good time to correct that.”

Iris Pergrin: “I would like to point out that many normal people are too busy trying to survive than to read a multiple page document of laws.”

Joren Ruthern: “May you point out where specifically it is found to be rather difficult to understand?”

Erwin Bishop: “In the case that someone is too busy, or not able to study the book for any reason, surely they can request the aid from the High Justiciar or even a child who is learning Haeseni culture as they are being raised.”

Ruslan Baruch: “It is of the idea of Representative Baruch and Alderman Peregrin that our Haurul Caezk is too challenging for the common man to understand. Is there any debate against this? Is there anybody here that believes the Haurul Caezk’s contents are easily understandable?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Not me, but the normal Haeseni subject would.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Your brain is rotting out if you have difficult reading the Haurul Caezk.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Please remain cordial, Representative Kortrevich. Seeking out a jurist of course is an option, Representative Ludovar, but I believe that is something we want to avoid. We want the common man to be able to understand the law of the Kingdom they reside in.”

Joren Ruthern: “I do not really see an issue when there is worry you might read it quite quickly.”

Raden Decaden: “I feel it is not the difficulty that is the question, but the sheer length of the document would make it difficult for people to have time to read it.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Make time then, or if you don’t have the time, simply seek out a jurist!”

Feodor May: “Perhaps the problem is people don’t know how to read it?”

Ruslan Baruch: “Please explain, Grand Maer.”

Feodor May: “As in they don’t know where to look for specific issues, laws or crimes. [...] How to look things up in the Haurul Caezk in other words.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “He means a directory, I second the idea.”

Feodor May: “Not a directory, some brief tips at the start on how to look things up in it. Perhaps accompanied by some restructuring of the Haurul Caezk to make it more logical. Other than that I see absolutely no issue with the Haurul Caezk, though I should comment I am of course a student of law and a former Jovenaar.”

Erwin Bishop: “I am neither, and yet I can understand it just fine.”

Feodor May: “Well there we have our answer then.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “What are the two of you on about? There’s literally a table of contents at the beginning of the Haurul Caezk, hello?”

Joren Ruthern: “If it was not practical, it would not be working right now. Let’s get onto the meat of this argument. Whether it's suitable for modern Haense, yes or no?”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Yes, it is. Anyone who says otherwise needs to be treated at the clinic.”

Joren Ruthern: “If this works as it stands, then it practically works.”

Eleanora Amador: “I believe it works well, yes, but can it be made to work better? There is always room for improvement, no?”

Ruslan Baruch: “To follow on Representative Amador’s suggestion, is there any mind here that believes an improvement can be made for the common man’s understanding of our Haurul Caezk.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “No.”

Joren Ruthern: “If I might recommend, Lord Speaker?”

Ruslan Baruch: “Yes, go on.”

Feodor May: “I have a comment as well.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Grand Maer May, you may speak after Representative Ruthern.”

Joren Ruthern: “I have heard a voice in my ear that suggested something smart. We have plenty in this court who know the law. Why not write a condensed version for the everyman's use to carry around?”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Call it the Pocket Haurul Caezk!”

Ruslan Baruch: “The Pocket Haurul Caezk, I believe that is a good idea.”

Joren Ruthern: “Yes.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Grand Maer May, what was your comment?”

Feodor May: “Well, I believe that perhaps one issue for some may be the vocabulary used in the Haurul Caezk. Not everyone is equally well-versed in common, and some more unusual terminology might make it harder to understand the Haurul Caezk.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Do you suggest we ‘dumb it down’?”

Eleanora Amador: “Which could also be cleared up by an abbreviated version of the Haurul Caezk.”

Feodor May: “Yes, either of your suggestions works I suppose. Might be best for the abbreviated version.”

Feodor May: “I agree with Lady Amador, yes.”

Ruslan Baruch: “These suggestions will be brought to His Majesty. Now, if you direct your eyes to the first topic; ‘Is the Haurul Caezk suitable for modern Haense?’. We will debate this topic, but be warned, I have a feeling it may be cut short as to not keep everyone here too long. Are its provisions too lengthy, too Orenian in identity, and do they accurately reflect Haeseni ideals?”

Erwin Bishop: “If I may approach the table, Lord Speaker?”

Ruslan Baruch: “Yes, you may.”

Erwin Bishop: “The laws and amendments to the Haurul Caezk are made by the people of Haense, by the nobles and aldermen we trust to represent the populace. Therefore, the bills and advice we introduce to His Majesty are reflective of the opinions and ideals of the ‘Haeseni People’.”

“Additionally, everyone in this chamber as well as those who previously sat in them, knows that long bills are not appreciated as much as short ones, we all enjoy concise bills. Therefore, the only reason that a bill, or an amendment would be long, would be if that was absolutely necessary; such as if it was addressing something of severe importance.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I fail to understand how could somebody possibly claim the Haurul Caezk is Oreninan in identity, considering we have an act that puts a toll on Wigs in Haeseni land.”

Joren Ruthern: “Have you read the original law-code of the time? They voted on a law-code which was to make do. They had no laws and printed them out on three saint’s days. Of course they will read in Orenian nature for a society that was, for years, fighting for its right to not be swallowed into a hungry mega city.”

“When we left the Empire, our Lord Speaker of the time was versed in Imperial law. Such is the case that it reads as such. We must completely rip this thing apart, and implant our proper Biharist ideals back into such. We need laws on foreign seeds, proper laws to protect our strelts. We should have proper enforcement of Haeseni marriage and so on. This whole thing, whilst practical for now, reads far too much like a copy of the Oren Revise Code than Haeseni law.

Feodor May: “Would it be a worthwhile suggestion to look into more ancient Haeseni law codes as well as those of our Raev brothers from, say, Adria?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I hope you mean Adria of the past, Grand Maer May.”

Feodor May: “Our kinfolk who’d sit in Duma like we still do today. Not the Imperial wigmen.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Are there any minds that disagree with Representative Ruthern? And in here that believe our Haurul Caezk does not read in a very similar way to the wig-wearers law code down south?”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Who do you propose rewrite the Haurul Caezk, Lord Ruthern? The absent High Justiciar? The defunct Aulic Court? Who?”

Joren Ruthern: “I believe such should be studied, and a new High Justiciar should be chosen who is in line with the King’s wishes to reform it to its proper station.”

Erwin Bishop: “I am sure His Majesty could compile a list of people he trusts for the task, Representative Kortrevich.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I agree with Representative Ludovar, cool it with the gloomy remarks, Representative Kortrevich.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “[REDACTED] off. We’re all here to have good natured debate, not beat around the bush with these issues. If you can’t deal with explicit language, then leave.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Hear hear.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Right. We are not monkeys! We will behave in this Duma Hall, and we will respect each other’s persons. We can debate this like grown, intellectual members of the Duma. You may continue.”

Feodor May: “I for one think Representative Kortrevich’s questions are valid, albeit worded immaturely.”

Joren Ruthern: “I propose to go back rather than this forward onto Providence approach. You have this… working approach, but it has no soul in it. We can only build from the ground up in that.”

Feodor May: “If I may, Lord Speaker?”

Erwin Bishop: “I have one suggestion after Grand Maer May’s comments, Lord Speaker.”

Ruslan Baruch: “You may, Lord Speaker.”

Feodor May: “Taking the length of the current debate in mind and offering a solution. What do my fellow Duma members think of telling His Majesty that while the Haurul Caezk does fit modern Haense, it could be improved upon by taking into account Haeseni culture and values of old?”

“Then setting it as a long-term goal for all lawmakers to study older Raev and Haeseni law books as well as Haeseni traditions and incorporate these into the Haurul Caezk going forward. So, not a sudden change, but rather a long-term transformation going forward.”

Joren Ruthern: “It can not be piecemeal. Full change. Now. Then you have wimps and cravens shut down ideas in their cribs.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “And how do you envision the rapid full change to happen, Lord Ruthern?”

Joren Ruthern: “I suggest for the Crown to assemble a team. A team of extraordinarily old and… well suitably smart nobles that wish for a proper return to old, and make it happen.”

Ruslan Baruch: “An immediate change…”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Name a few people you personally have in mind, Lord Ruthern. I’m curious.”

Otto Morovar: “I wonder if Sir Viktor Kortrevich would be willing to help.”

Joren Ruthern: “Well, you can start with the ones that made the thing in the first place, Lord Kortrevich. Part of this issue comes from the willingness from many in this Duma to feel important. The truth is… nobles are.”

Feodor May: “I suggest Representative Ruthern offers his personal services to the Crown in fully changing the Haurul Caezk now. All in favor, say yes or no!”

Joren Ruthern: “You don’t need to vote, I’m already willing and will gladly offer such.”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Anyone know if the former High Justiciar, Konstantin Wick is still kicking?”

Feodor May: “He is.”

Otto Morovar: “He went fishing.”

Joren Ruthern: “Former High Justicar… the man was Lord Palatine, no?”

Hieromar Kortrevich: “Yes… though I could care less, Lord Ruthern.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I motion to vote, Lord Speaker, either it is a sleepless week of invigorated revisements or a long trek.”

Joren Ruthern: “I refute such. Lord Baruch phrases the question horribly.”

Ruslan Baruch: “Order! There will be no vote.”

Erwin Bishop: “...I did have one suggestion, after Grand Maer May’s comments.”

Ruslan Baruch: “This debate has gone on long enough. We will finish it at the next duma. His Majesty will read the transcript of today’s duma and get an understanding on how you all feel. For now, I recommend you all read our Haurul Caezk, and if you can tolerate it, read the wig-wearer’s law code as well. We will continue at the next duma.”

Feodor May: “I motion to allow Representative Ludovar to make a final statement.”

Ruslan Baruch: “The motion is denied, duma is hereby dismissed.”