The Heist of Haense NGS

BDanecker

The Heist of Haense NGS
(Otherwise known as the Northern Devious Lick)

“Footsteps!” a masked figure in green and black utters vehemently throughout the library; two others of identical garbs swiveling their masks to react. They shoved themselves into corners, shadows, and behind paintings, and with bated breath waited for the steps to dissipate...

It had been 2 years of scouting for the Master Thieves Guild. Two years of clambering upon those masoned walls of Haense, the biting cold pouring down from the Rimeveld most notable upon the rooftops. Light footsteps flitted over tiles, eyes darting from the shadows, watching, waiting. Until the time was right to strike the Northern Geographic Society. The Untiring Man lived up to his name, patient as a mountain. The planning had been pinned in the Hideout by The Sphinx, redone, and fleshed out multiple times in rehashing of perfection. Now, it was time to act. The band of Thieves left under the shroud of darkness to fall upon their target like the veil of night.

Gd0lEav1E39GELGFna3DCSIJ9fuQE6dJsL45-9a8oFkCV96QRPJGe5QaJ5n4ipeZmHiOl-mXly3aCJFs24-m7o4h4osGYIh50gnGhow5gf-oyINb4frdP9qGzV7Bc426v1l0McGb=s0

Like tundra wolves they went, darting from tree to tree as if circling prey, figures of the night. Many perhaps had seen them; deformed masks, emotionless and flitting out of vision, as if those walking the roads of the Rimeveld were about to be pounced upon… though the Wolves continued on, hidden by the overcast skies.

Scouting of the entrance was done tactfully, and with hearts drumming to join the symphony of footfalls and panting in the sonorous sound of rain. Two shadows moved with their Guildmaster, while one shadow, darker than the rest, was left upon soaking docks. There was no time to waste, and the Master Thief led the rest into the bowels of the Capital of the lands of Hansetti-Ruska. Sliding along building frames, and just out of sight of those exiting the Duma, those thieves of masterful planning took every advantage they could get, which brought them success into the entrance of the NGS, with The Sphinx looking both ways out into the streets, and then closing the doors tight shut.

iU99bpUw2qFUq3xU7kM0PkP-EyKuCE_eoX1IynbApOSUzdW_72JtYvVnzAttCYk40gPblN7Wi7pF197x01xP9NyzWZ6r3SsDM-TRj3KcEh8AZFzF5EB9rCCpK55dmtOfglCvWxR2=s0

The Untiring Man had grown a bit restless thinking that Panther might have been caught. He sends the other two thieves to spread out, while he goes himself to search for Panther… only for him to be spotted the moment he stuck his head out of the building. Sinking back into the shadows the lass had overshot his location, and Untiring slinked back into the shadows, but not long before Panther had nearly surprised him within.

6gXXDWZsIvb0EX0Lhpp0R_9EoRuxnGrv4GySTdK1zNsA_hOhNZ9nEsV0f8RlHp_dQ_1P-f72wCeoClxV0r6UwhRh2o_wLYL6G-tTRSLZoOtxEzrKkSDIXC03z27Ewg_mvXhERB8b=s0

“Savi. It is alright. Panther es here.” The Pantera shrouded in night says making his way into the NGS effortlessly, and fashionably late. The Untiring Man gives him a scowl through his garbs, and barks in a low tone “Get ta work.” And like ravenous wolves did they descend upon that dreary day. Flitting about like magpies did The Sphinx, Panther, Fox and Untiring Man all traverse the corridors, scrounging and searching… looking… And they find it. The Elven Lodestone Necklace, of an age long past, but of value quite current. The Sphinx expertly set the boltcutters upon the frame’s lock-he was growing quite skilled by now. He presented it before his Guildmaster with words of "Easy, as I had planned. For you." who then snatched the prize from his grasp into his own pockets. “Exceptional. Let us continue.” 

g3kI43QDeCjlxBUCUwGFCkU2pmexkX4Eef3tvEsUtlttVxlPncxmbAfI9Sr9gTxLH9zYjywQo0tCvnVz1EVCmtW3_H0OsBcYPWkk3wB59j3ArRRnygWWadyPb54XNORaJ_uEhZNi=s0

Down deeper into that sea of knowledge, history and artifacts the thieves delved, greedy for more, hungering for new. Until they stumbled upon a grand collage of painting, in which both Fox and Sphinx moved out of the way to discover a secret door. “I’ve got this!” said the eager Fox, dismissing the others. Sphinx and Untiring leaving him to his own devices. One lockpick, then another, breaks in the door, fit with a state-of-the-art locking mechanism. “Dammit!” the Thief hacks, growing furious with his lack of results. Not one to disappoint the boss, he steps back, calling on the great Nothing to aid him in his endeavors…

sI4CQXf15i4id2ZLzb77Zn75BcTfWPQmQS1bBQ0citzcyjKA1VAQiQtJuwjF5WH1MSef9VIKbGcivHfZQzrYb2S9AHRkRwr29FD9srYubtD4xv3Dn6IWBBIm23S4iDrqO3f3GyVE=s0

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Like thunder sounds throughout the library, causing some books to fall over and compound onto the attempts. The Untiring man appeared behind The Fox like a shadow, faster than he should have been able to without making noise. “Quiet! Ye’ll alert t’ose in t’a tavern! Leave et beh. Our quarreh es caught.” he whispers in gutteral tone to the eyes peering through the masked man blasting the doors with volley after volley of concentrated wind. “****. Fine. Fine!” Fox exclaims in exasperation, leaving those sturdy doors to be… for now. It was time to leave the scene, and hushed barks came from the Master Thief, calling out to his men “Wit' haste! Weh must leave before more leave t'a Duma and the rain es no longer our ally!” And so they went, swift as bats through the downpour of rainfall, leaving those lands with canoes prepared for escape, quickly tossing books and the Lodestone from person to person and into the canoe, with it sinking with all the weight of the goods. However, the thieves did not just take, they gave as well. A coin in place of the Necklace, and a letter.

0owitL-nusWn_uvGDSv7FvA7f0B92TkUiON8lc14WNnHpg5HwMKQYrkvldoEDRo53U-4bxczw62FqoW9qpdAylkJWMM9MrzcnKlDyN0v6508lyS99JfNDFmyKvgm2HvCDnkvk1P1=s0

As the theft is discovered, the leader of the NGS finds within his office a letter, stabbed into his desk with a thick obsidian dagger. It bears its contents below. 

To Otto Wittenbach, once-owner of the Elven Lodestone Necklace as well as many other stealable trinkets. 

It would have done you well, to attend to your nation’s expansionism conquest of the Attenlund. Then you would have learned the impermanence of things. It is true that your Guild has committed a great folly of falling into security, of comfort under your leadership, with your status of a Private Guild of Haense keeping the dishonor from the nation as a whole. My thieves have left their mark upon the history of the Northern Geographic Society, under your name. These playthings that are mine now bear little interest to me than an exchange of coin to the highest bidder of my associates. However, I know that this would not have been on display had you not taken pride in its ownership. Us thieves are not without honor, and I most of all am a benevolent leader. I propose a deal. I will return this bauble to you, but a deal must be stricken in person, and without writing. Should you care enough to reacquire this relic and prevent more from being stolen, you will find yourself at the mines of the Rimeveld outpost, alone, such that no harm shall happen of either party. You will be blindfolded by one of my associates and brought to a location to discuss this deal. Should you refuse, or any deviation of this plan fail to be upheld, I will sell the relic to an olog as a backscratcher, and steal more of your relics, no matter how deep within your vaults they may lie.

-The Untiring Man

0Y3dp1wqd_3dYJrYbwF4e9RbPD088BKC7NXuuQsg2Uw0ieUSeqJW4PqcHwn5WzpnmpRE_4NYL_8jU8Lfrg1WnSXrIkF9yIGAX4YmkTe8m8penQ1ss97KRFch0CEfbeliKfF9A543=s0

Mal frowns as he hears of the story, his hands busy with cleaning a wine glass. "How odd, a shame indeed. I was planning a vacation there, or even retirement after I grow old and useless" The elf would say, the glass now finding itself on a rack and the ovens warm glow heating the Wayside Tavern.

Another panther nods in mad respect for The Panther!

Spoiler

Dilvyn D. Deveral, Vice-President of the NGS, would be beside himself with frustration upon discovering that their museum had been robbed.  "Otto is not going to be pleased about this..."  He'd sigh, as he began to inventory the museum and library to determine what had been stolen.

Abraham would write to the thieves. An open letter posted around areas near Eastfleet, Idol's Garden, Kharasi Oasis, Rimveld, and Cloud Temple. "Fellow entrepenuers I see. Can we get a list of all items stolen from the NGS? Some items on display were not on display for pride, but on display as momentos of history. I'd like a confirmation on what's in your posession before I strike a deal with you."

Chirr Calliban-Sintel, Head of NGS Security, huffs in frustration as she hears the news. "This is why I never wanted the meetings to take place in Providence. Of all the bloody times for me to be out of the country..."

@1_Language_1

18 hours ago, 1_Language_1 said:

Abraham would write to the thieves. An open letter posted around areas near Eastfleet, Idol's Garden, Kharasi Oasis, Rimveld, and Cloud Temple. "Fellow entrepenuers I see. Can we get a list of all items stolen from the NGS? Some items on display were not on display for pride, but on display as momentos of history. I'd like a confirmation on what's in your posession before I strike a deal with you."

On the backside of the note written at the Rimeveld Wastes, left within the security of the Wilven Monks is suprisingly a response from the thieves. The corner had been bent to indicate of the writing's existence, and one would find the following upon perusing what was left.

To the NGS lackey tasked with cleaning up the mess of their superior's ignorance.

Your bosses should have kept better records of where things were. 

They can ask us themselves in person.

0Y3dp1wqd_3dYJrYbwF4e9RbPD088BKC7NXuuQsg2Uw0ieUSeqJW4PqcHwn5WzpnmpRE_4NYL_8jU8Lfrg1WnSXrIkF9yIGAX4YmkTe8m8penQ1ss97KRFch0CEfbeliKfF9A543=s0