Officially 10 Years on LOTC AMA

Goon

What am I to you?

Are you prepared for the day of reckoning?

Are you, like, super buff? Asking for the Ladies of the Craft.

Favorite Persona?

Are you gonna buy me Cookout after this?

19 minutes ago, RaindropsKeepFalling said:

How are you so good at writing? (reticent-posting included) 

This is similar to Johann's question, but where (anywhere) do you draw inspiration from for characters, be it movies, books, etc? If anything, that is.

when are we rping.

And lastly, "thoughts on me?" haha...

I just write. to be honest, I'm not entirely confident in everything I write, but I think that's apart of the process.

I just write stuff I'd like to read, keep it cohesive because 'the ones who make it complicated never get congratulated.'

these are copout answers I know, but my head, man. I think I draw inspiration from a lot of places that I can't exactly place, especially in the moment- it's typically an amalg of subconscious inspirations or ideas and tropes that get covered by other pieces, and I just refine them to what I like most about them.

I think it's okay to wear your influences on your sleeves, so long as you have a lot of sleeves on.

never. you know I don't rp.

raine, so much to say, honestly. I think you've got a brilliant mind when it comes to character development and story writing. and just in general, but that's what I get to see most with you. you're not afraid to roll with the punches but you're also not afraid to put your foot down if you feel slighted and I like that.

which reminds me, everyone keeps asking what's one of my favorite lotc memories and I completely forgot that incredible patricide roleplay we had. that was one of the most meaningful and memorable moments, and if there was supposed to be a round of applause at the end of the roleplay scenario- that was the time for one. thanks for always being such a good sport. players could use your perspective more often

13 minutes ago, Melpomenne said:

image0.png

tk2 !!!

- what's ur fav song atm + if that song was a color, what color would it be?

- what's ur fav season? r u looking forward for fall?

- what would you do for a day if you were left on the moon with one (1) item of your choice?

- are you excited about anything that's to come- server related?

ps mwamwah

you showed me this one. helped me find a unheard sample for a song I love, so I've been playing the sh*t out of this today. but what color is it, hm.. its like gif of the shade of purple that brightens and darkens as the intensity of the song changes.

fall, and jackets

good question,

bad answer: I'd have a camera to take pictures. I know the whole thing about 'living in the moment' or whatever boomer thing someone might say but how often do you get to go to the moon?

good answer: I'd have a moon rover and whip that b*tch like its mario kart.

paladins are actually doing cool things rn. veritas got its spark, brothers of virtue is next. so hopefully I can end my character's life on a high note, leave what little of a legacy I might. but you know something is always cooking. like right now, I'm collabing with two of my favorite greentags to deliver a magnum opus event; its just a matter of watching it comes to fruition, very slowly, as all roleplay things are.

12 minutes ago, BenjiBot_ said:

Hello, Hello! I’ll ask a few questions

What’s your earliest memories of the server, as an Aegis veteran? I’m always curious to hear about that primordial time in the server history.

Best character relationship you’ve had with another? Be it romantic, a parents relationship or something entirely different.

What do you hope to do in the future on the server? Be it ST-wise or something with your personas?

How about your two cents on me?

Anyway, ur a cool individual- we should definitely interact a lot more

earliest memory is when they added mechanical hunger to minecraft, and I didn't have any food so I was just walking around until I found something; started dying. some guy ran up, no action emotes, no text walls, just a simple:
"sir!"
"you're dying!"
"you need to eat!"
before I could even reply, he threw me some minecraft bread. I went on the be his bodyguard, and went into the north to start helping him build his nordic inspired mead hall and village, but I had no idea what I was doing. I just remember his monster pit that was a stone's throw away, and he brought me there to teach me how to make mina.

the earliest combat instance I remember on my first character was a bandit jumping from underneath the bridge, a guy who just got his villainy app accepted. came out, trying to rob me with a bow already drawn mechanically and I had too much pride so I refused. so, CRP began. he emoted, I emoted, he told me to roll for it. I said "wtf is that?" he told me about /roll. I lost the roll by a lot. this upset me, I remember that. I was the protag, no way I could lose.

I think we went to pvp after that and I lost. so when I died, I thought I had to pk.. I did.. the end of Dofiro the dwarf.

stuck between a few favorite relationships:
the first that comes to mind is my paladin student, [redacted to protect his identity].
he's like the son that alicjo never had. can always count on him for anything. finally strokes my ego enough to make my character feel important, and the guy who plays the student was such a good pick. couldn't have asked for someone who cares to see the magic and culture thrive so much as he does, and my character really appreciates that.

the second was my character's teacher, [also redacted to protect his identity].

those two became brothers long before alicjo 'walked the path.' they fought inferi together, founded a merc group together, and had a final showdown inside of the paladin chancery after he went coo coo, like a true naruto and sasuke. (miss you bro :( )

honorable mention: cosimo and viktor. them boys grew up together, mischief in all forms. viktor knew so much about cosimo and never snitched. then he ******* died in ando alur, leaving my character torn. so much so, he's going out of his way to bring his friend back from his peaceful eternal rest. real friends. how many of us?

toughie. I have a lot of half cracked ideas. a lot of ideas I wanna see come into fruition; namely, I wanna see veritas pop how it was intended when we founded it. the brothers of virtue revival coming soon, all of that.

I've got 3 ideas on standby, a fourth in the works. I've no worry I'll do some cool things in my tenure as ST, but ask me again in 2 months, I hope my answer is still the same.

you're a sweet pea, benji. a 'smol bean' as the kids say. (sorry..)

kind soul, nobody ever has a reason to dislike you, and if they do, I'd like to hear it so I can get a hearty giggle. you've got your head screwed on the right way, far as I can tell. just keep your eyes straight ahead, on the prize. don't let the thoughts of others bring you down, and don't let the thoughts of self do that either, because we aren't born being mean or hypercritical of ourselves. that's the voice of others embedded inside of us, once again.

my bad, I'm an old man rambling about the power of positive thought. I think you're going to grow up to be a fantastic human being because the blueprint is already laid. just keep being you, unabashedly.

8 minutes ago, ErikAzog said:

What did you play 10 years ago? and did you have a different mc name?

I played a dwarf first, the only black dwarf in history. he looks an awful lot like my human paladin now, if I'm honest with you. then I played an orc who got killed by a dwarf for having greenskin.

I did have another MC name, though. just look me up if you're curious, embarrassed to share.. I doubt you'd recognize it though, I didn't do anything except guard RP and die.

39 minutes ago, Undubitably said:

hello, it is me. spoon.

what do you think of me, what are your main inspirations for stories and writing? -- and what would you say is your favourite MF doom album/song?

hello handsome!

I think you're a funny guy with big ideas and good takes. when you aren't goofing and gaffing, you can be really profound and insightful and I always appreciate the 'banter we chat' (had to make it british so you could understand.) 

sometimes I think you know better but choose wrong for laughs, and it is funny so at least there's that. but I know you're capable of buckling down professionally when you need to because I've seen it. from devious trickster to problem solver in a switch, and I appreciate that about you. you never take things too seriously unless they're serious. that joviality is admirable, but don't stir the pot more than it needs to. didn't mean to get so interpersonal but I love you and don't want to watch hatred consume you so give love a try!

see my response to raine for a more complete answer but it's a big mix of things. I like a lot of media and what I appreciate most is the nuance and the feeling it can draw. I try to do the same in my writing, taking elements I really like from all different pieces to make something new from it. you'll see nods to things, even more contemporary things for how I like to develop my characters; nods to ideals they might adopt from tv show anti-heroes.

post-humous makes this hit so much different. 

flylo x mf doom? yeah bro, everything on the discog is a hit but this wins.

50 minutes ago, Monaaa said:

What am I to you?

Are you prepared for the day of reckoning?

Are you, like, super buff? Asking for the Ladies of the Craft.

Favorite Persona?

Are you gonna buy me Cookout after this?

you've become a sister to me, metaphorically intended. one of two on the server (and you know what I mean by this.)

no matter what, I know I got you to reach out to so I hope you feel the same. and I'm sure you do. you're no stranger to using that @ button on discord. 

Papa John's CEO John Lynch responds to accusations by founder John  Schnatter | CNN Business

when I game, I look like papa john after eating 40 pizzas in a month. and I'm single ( hey ladies of the craft 😏 )

favorite persona of mine? or all time?

of mine:

alicjo. maybe. cosimo is better sometimes, but right now, alicjo.

he's had a cool life, slayed some demons, slayed some hoes, got a degree in xannism. 

he's just like me, fr, in every way.

of all time:

fword. lemme think, there's some contenders.

gracia is top 3, for sure. I love the woman she's becoming, and I'm gonna have my lhindir moments where I smile and take credit for everything she does, so that's cool.

but of all time.. hm..

probably sapientae. ask about her.

when are you reviving and leading the paladins? can we play risk of rain again?

6 hours ago, Covey said:

when are you reviving and leading the paladins? can we play risk of rain again?

they’re alive and well buddy, you’ve been asleep
the question is: when is brothers of virtue revival? and the answer is soon™️

ROR also soon™️

Do you think the idea that we live within a void in space could be the reason we haven’t been contacted by extraterrestrials?

If I try to lasso you into something how eagerly will you comply context aside? 

On 9/28/2021 at 6:25 PM, Disheartened said:

Ok I do have one question.

Why?

let's take a moment to break down the complexity of this one

"why?"

well, there's a number of reasons. I don't think anything is really 'by chance.' 

I think everything is a series of interconnected events that domino effected into what is the now.

and sometimes those effects vary in their effect but every little thing that's ever happened is why it is how it is now.

so we could disassemble and ask 'why?'

or it could simply just be.

why do you ask?

19 hours ago, Smaw said:

Do you think the idea that we live within a void in space could be the reason we haven’t been contacted by extraterrestrials?

I don't smoke weed anymore, sorry.

but I think that it'd be a bit self-important of me to think that we're such a special case in the infinitum of space. 
no disrespect to your thought process, but I think that its ego makes us believe we deserve more special explanations for the phenomena of self. very 'sun revolves around us,' if you catch my drift

I think extraterrestrials haven't reached out because they haven't found us

or they don't have the means to find us, same as we don't

or- they simply just have nothing to say

3 hours ago, Zarsies said:

If I try to lasso you into something how eagerly will you comply context aside? 

for you, my liege? anything.

2 hours ago, joshun_ said:

can u go touch grass

can you come suck my ass

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I think extraterrestrials haven't reached out because they haven't found us

or they don't have the means to find us, same as we don't

or- they simply just have nothing to say

Quite right, because of the cosmic void our galaxy is in. It's real, man.

i just now realized AMA means Ask Me Anything