All Hail the Duchesses

gurlpirate

LB39Nuc7qo8PhC-6o2RUYa3HY6A5vqC-8k9Pwfgg7hBSprrV6NKAO99tbIK9oKKAv0ab_-N3DEavGqpVQ31FkopYaaLfQXsYAhIH0N0B_34m4ZQu-Rb50zUnwFtVFaQo4J31ruo7=s0

f_7VnbzEmzWU47lUS4LV68JC6fdOpoHNYvddgxYjrYTgI9CU42fawI_RP2eiEZKmJxrNpp9UujUWzF-9DMkZp1knwWWhg2Xg5v88-LaI3QFQ0ruOV-rAexWhBdk89tyF6U87WZfB=s0

All Hail the Duchesses!

Eliza Raven read through the letter Nadia had handed her, brows furrowed deeply over her green eyes. She leaned her hip against the desk next to her, the paper in both hands as Nadia Buckfort stood before her, waiting.

“To my dearest children,

Gwyn and Nadia,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. Alas, most of my offspring have grown and pursued out other paths in life, leaving me with very few to pick from. By right, the throne should go to Lord Aldigar, your eldest brother, but as you know, life has taken him elsewhere, for he is a noble knight and a loving father. However, if one thing you have in common with Aldigar, it's your kindred heart.

I wish for you two to take the throne together, make it a dual duchy. As sisters, you shall make a good team, bound by strong Buckfort blood. You will let no husbands, lustful for power, to take on the other's role. The first legitimate son of either of you shall be the heir, if suitable.

Let Rozanian values live on. Let our culture bloom. Let our people thrive. It is for them that we do what we do.

My love for you is boundless like the sea. Please, my beloved aenguls, make your father proud. As the motto of our House goes, Many Hearts, Beating As One. I will be there, when you need my council.

Signed,

Dad”

Nadia Buckfort looked at Eliza with worry, as Nadia watched her finish the letter,  “What do ya wanna do about this? Gwyn is too young… She ain’t fit to lead yet, and I don’t want to do this by myself. These are your people, this is your family Eliza. Please… Help me.” 

Eliza looked up at her young friend, taking a breath to consider her options. “I’d be honored to help you, of course. How can I be useful to you?” She held her breath for an instant, waiting the lady’s answer. 

“I would like you to lead, alongside me. In Gwyn’s place. A dual duchy as dad wishes.” She nods, slowly, hoping Eliza would say yes. “You and him led Sarissa here. You have gone this far, without me here. Lead with me, us, duchess’s of Rozania.”

“You would share your title with me?” The Adunian stared at Nadia for a moment, a smile forming on her lips. “I absolutely accept your proposal, Nadia. Yes, I will share the Duchy with you.” 

Nadia’s eyes filled with tears, and she wiped them swiftly away, “Thank you Eliza. Thank you so much.” She took a Rozanian quill, and began to write some words on the page, 

“I, Nadia Buckfort, named Duchess of Rozania by the Duke of Rozania William Buckfort, do hereby decree Eliza Raven to join me in title and duty, Duchess of Rozania. Shall we lead Rozania together, to greatness, in a dual duchy. May Rozania be safe in our hands, and shall one of us fall, the other continue to lead. May we lead our people, together, and abide by GOD in all of our actions, and words. May we both be Duchesses.”

The words filled the paper, and Nadia signed, handing Eliza a quill with a beaming smile. “Sign, and we shall lead as one.”

Eliza beamed back, taking the pen and carefully writing out her flowy signature next to Nadia’s. “There, it’s official. Duchess Nadia.” The Adunian lady smiled to her friend. “Long live Rozania and it’s Duchesses.” 

I048T6-MleAMRDVCyLEQ1ooUkgQ_-azF4N1IfaNXxNqxGJ-gWr2nkUnkcU5-5cTujrCS7gBn-GedfyyISe14o9b_h_Us9hnVFpafjQUp3jyU16amglkFdRYKbgyHjZMWAhlxnaHD=s0

Duchess of Rozania, Nadia Buckfort

fPdK5vlj82xTWexoLPS4Xbm07-xB0Yt52wWqQ46nfsvYjEbgqXxjMrS1IkeALYnimisZHELeDAOr2UIe4bzG3_ydl-GFTxVXLty-0n67GlKxNpuZDQQs0CH6M-gGbXehEM6XjMk6=s0

Duchess of Rozania, Eliza Raven

Nadia Buckfort smiled with pride,  "Dad would be proud, we shall lead as family. Sisters. Until eventually a son takes the throne."

"Two duchesses?" Leopold ordered his troops to rally and sack the city!

Mika Uialben perked up a brow at the announcement, giving it a single comment "Two dukes.. One title.. I've seen this one before"

Oisin Roza strokes his beard, thinking that this can go quite a few ways.

45 minutes ago, Dogged said:

"HOMOSEX DUCHESSES, by GOD why does the church support these heathens" Caius de Ravensburg shouted as he sharpen his blade

"Women Duchesses!? Despicable women are neit fit to rule, They neit equal to men. Yet another reason why Rozania must go. If only His Holiness listen to our letters" exclaimed Father Vladrick

"Two Duchesses? Huh, that is interesting," the Cardinal of Albarosa notes indifferently to the Acolyte who told him the news. Then that Clergyman raises his head to the Acolyte, asking with narrowed eyes "Is it.. uhmm.. Sapphic?"

"Are they HOMOSEXUALS? Or are they Siblings? Oh Lord above.. Are they Both! How does this Stand! Why are Rozanian's allowing these Heathens to Rule over them! Its Disgraceful to GOD and to Humanity!" Vanessa would write a not on a piece of paper that would be pinned to the door of the Tavern, where she read the initial letter.

"HOMOSEXUAL INCESTS RULE OVER ROZANIA!"

43 minutes ago, GhostSHTR said:

"HOMOSEX DUCHESSES, by GOD why does the church support these heathens" Caius de Ravensburg shouted as he sharpen his blade

"Women Duchesses!? Despicable women are neit fit to rule, They neit equal to men. Yet another reason why Rozania must go. If only His Holiness listen to our letters" exclaimed Father Vladrick

Estella Buckfort, third Buckfort sister, spent the day in town at the local bakery and to bring a celebratory cake for her sisters’ new appointment. 

At hearing the gentlemens’ homophobic, sexist remarks, she quirked a brow and truly pitied the women here to have to be subjected to these so-called men. 
In fact, she was perhaps more concerned for Caius de Ravensburg’s relationships with the women in his life, if he couldn’t tell that Gwyn and Nadia were sisters and not lovers. 

2 hours ago, Dogged said:

"Time to rally the troops!" says Commodus de Sedan, Captain of the Company of the Green Goose. He inspects his ruddy child soldiers (including those still growing in the bellies of his many concubines and concubines' daughters), measuring each one up for his respective bulk and combat readiness.

As he entered his study, Cillian O'Rourke was met by a courier boy, holding a missive. He frowns softly, his hands currently occupied as he used a towel to wipe them clean of the blood that dirtied them, the front of his vest equally caked in the substance. "Read it aloud for me lad" he says in his ever soft tone as he stepped to his desk, dropping the dirty towel upon the edge to retrieve a chalice and the bottle of watered down wine that rested upon the dark oaken desk. As he uncorked and poured the wine, the boy read the missive aloud.

"It seems, Ser, that the Sedanians are upset" the boy comments as he finishes the missive, his tone laced with worry.

Cillian, who'd sat by this point and began to rummage through his papers, did not bother raising his eyes from the document he currently gazed upon. "And?"

Upon met with silence, the man looked up to the boy, who wore a puzzled expression before quickly shaking his head, dismissing his own words. Cillian just gave the boy a simple nod, excusing him as he sat a few coins on the edge of the desk for him. "Keep me updated if anyone of importance has anything to say."

The boy gave a quick nod, collected the coins and vanished through the door, leaving the surgeon and lawmaker to sip his wine and work in peace, relaxed as ever.

Belladonna would smile at the news, glad that this time it was a Buckfort taking over - and Eliza with her. "T'is feels righ', some'ow. Will's blood still rulin' an' Eliza ge'in' teh power she deserves." She goes to check on her son, hoping this is the system he is raised under. While she and the rest of Rozania didn't hate Will's rule, everywhere else certainly seemed to. Or, at the very least, disliked him enough to let innocents be slaughtered in the streets.

But with the Duchy ruled like this, how could anyone possibly find fault? Will's no longer in the picture, and it's not like the Duchesses are lesbians. Bella had glimpsed enough of Eliza's love life to know that.

Atherian Der Ryder takes a quick look at his watch hearing the news. "Lets see how long these two love childs last." He then grabs his mace, crossbow and shield. "Guess its time to rally to the flag of Sedan to make things right in Rozania, eh?"