Kashgurkhûr I: Leyd | Return of the Dar ob Griish

Guzr

cKhukfW2Se3rnV4u9fmEzH1Yq-LAz9ceBaDE_VBFvnH7bYXD1C2GcM5K39B91SwnjcnNXK-x1sX0nEOwx0jbUcgq6DjgDS6nwkKCI_yMleUhF6dAgmFZuavRIvJI1rRpfQPczDA6=s0

NAAKH-ZA-BARASH

Kashgurkhûr I: Leyd

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭

6t34BdY9z6ukEwGHveiyZJBYivqRkhM0d8B95VETGo1pWlLIMFJmGpmGBA9zken81bjJwqR27L1fyZxlQnv7QUvF-OPZTqfY5_JN7llW7AIr1_wRZi0uc7ySCOI8-qcCUgi6r8aP=s0

5ayVMrsxRY0F6VIN5dO3dJ_pA7Ytl-VDif-fOkpvn_wtfY2X2l4wF931Uro9dugYXhZHp0hU9rmfgT2bxq2E6x4_m9smRY61T0ZwTtocHCnGcKGyHWTZwItlxnbgnQ3gmaRV_9IN=s0 Uruks being led through the lands of Gasigash on their way to Leyd’s throne. 5ayVMrsxRY0F6VIN5dO3dJ_pA7Ytl-VDif-fOkpvn_wtfY2X2l4wF931Uro9dugYXhZHp0hU9rmfgT2bxq2E6x4_m9smRY61T0ZwTtocHCnGcKGyHWTZwItlxnbgnQ3gmaRV_9IN=s0

The uruks sat in the Rex’s hall, their tongues wagging about the Inferis plague that has recently touched Almaris. Strategim and tactic spilled from Skaatchnak’Izig and Ar-borok’s maws, with a plethora of Uruks watching. 

This debate was interrupted by Matumakh’Raguk’s boots scraping against the floor as he thundered inside the hall. Axe in hand, he outstretched such to a redskinned uruk, Kalruk’Gorkil. 

“You. You are a Raguk?”
“No, but I was birthed by one. I am Kalruk’Gorkil, son of a Raguk mother.” Replied the Redskin gymnast with a youthful vigor.

“Hm, but you have Gasigash’s blood. You will do. Speak: What know you of the Pantheon? What know you of the Raguk Gods?”

A moment’s ponder came from Kalruk, though he replied in a firm tone. “I know the Raguks praise Leyd, I know they praise strength, but I do not know the Pantheon.”

By now the hall’s attention was on the duo.

“The Pantheon: Leyd, Spirit of Strength. Gentharus, Spirit of Smithing. Gasigash: Spirit of Blood. This is what forges a Raguk’s ideals, but it has been decades, no. . . Centuries since the Redskins have been led in their spirituality, hrm? And tell me, Kalruk, how were the Raguks led in spirituality?”

Another moment’s ponderation before Kalruk replied:“Seers, aye?”

“Aye! Seers, brother. The Old Yellers, The Naakh-za-barash. These Uruks would devote their lives as living sacrifices to the Pantheon, they would give everything to their servitude. But they have VANISHED. It is time for one to take the burden, it is time for the Dar ob Griish to return.” 

The old uruk would then thrust the shaft of his axe into Kalruk’s hands, raising the axehead to his own face. To become a Seer, brother. To gain a greater connection to the Immortal plane, you must blind me. You must separate my senses from the Mortal world.”

A certain hesitation followed these words, but Kalruk understood. All the Uruks understood, for this was Krug’s way. Matumakh’Raguk readied himself for the mutilation and rhythmic chants grew in the hall as the Gorkil in turn lofted the axe to blind the seasoned warrior. 

5ayVMrsxRY0F6VIN5dO3dJ_pA7Ytl-VDif-fOkpvn_wtfY2X2l4wF931Uro9dugYXhZHp0hU9rmfgT2bxq2E6x4_m9smRY61T0ZwTtocHCnGcKGyHWTZwItlxnbgnQ3gmaRV_9IN=s0     Slash!  5ayVMrsxRY0F6VIN5dO3dJ_pA7Ytl-VDif-fOkpvn_wtfY2X2l4wF931Uro9dugYXhZHp0hU9rmfgT2bxq2E6x4_m9smRY61T0ZwTtocHCnGcKGyHWTZwItlxnbgnQ3gmaRV_9IN=s0 

The blood painting the floor gave cue to the hall to erupt into roars of triumph and victory for a Seer was born. Matumakh’Raguk dropped to his knees and when he arose he stood as Khlaar-Leyd.

Immediately however, his words began in the Spluttertongue; the language of the Pantheon.

“Hakrugkûbet now! Lûp-Ilzgûl! Lûp-Ugrad!” Was his chant, and such continued for many a moment. The guttural howls and rhythmic movements of the Khlaar-Leyd kept the attention of the orcish hall. Over time, black tendrils rose up from beneath the dirt and eventually formed the image of a green orc with a boomsteel warhammer, riding upon a Lurwolf against the forces of the Inferis. 

“Ride, brothers! Votar demands your blade, Enrohk demands your shield and Krug demands your strength!” Called the past Rex as he smashed his hammer into an Inferis’ skull.

This illusion then dissipated and the Targoth queried aloud: “What the **** was that?”

“A memory. . .” Replied the Khlaar-Leyd. Rex Ugrad’Lur forged the Firewatch alliance to fight the first Inferis invasion. Those battles you saw in this hall? Those were his battles, his memories. A memory that will repeat itself, Targoth-” He placed his hand on Targoth Ar-Borok’s shoulder. “But under your command.” 

With this news, the uruks immediately gathered their information and wrote plans for what they now knew to be true: The Inferis have been defeated before and could be again.  As for the Raguks. . . the Seers have returned, and the Pantheon with them. 

jVqf47JV90AxVecGgf4MQ2ftvPlemevMy7ZcXsbpGeJSfUb1wDX3J5se1kzDS1o_qDab5AQwfl1o_Z3iKYMbuzz80iRBMPQOqjGR6QGOnkWuzJY6ksJsS5ogVReHR2Cmx8e6haJ2

Ang Gund Griish

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/175562-clan-raguk-the-pantheon-of-three/

Kulthark’Izig recalls the arrival of the Raguk Yeller with fondness. “Hozh tikz are comin bruddahz, da zhomoz have peeped da way fur uz, now wi must go agh walk it. Dem Buurzspawn nub gonna gruk wub hit em when wi get da forges roaring! Lup’Genththaruz!”

Edited by Lojo613