If Tomorrow Starts Without Me [PK]

MissToni

Spoiler

If Tomorrow Starts Without Me

B3fes-_6-sXUxrCfvCXOncaz4tLGXdVVbYUg7UZq5JbfR1nUiTLmewTog-wKc-03yUeY5N_y_d2rebSwLuV6wdthBQQi888rqeSvmxdGg0mWQrPkgiiBzrc3af6KGG3JlyT5IKUl=s0

[A painting of the rose fields of Reinmar]

Thuds echoed in the halls of Reinmar as Ingrid made her way up to her room with the help of her beloved grandson Johann Barclay. The woman was so frail now from her terminal illness that she needed to pause every now and then. Her hand clutched firmly around Johann’s arm. But they made their way up at last to her room as she got into bed slowly. 

“Johann, I am proud of vy dear. I hope vy know that” Ingrid uttered with a raspy voice as the boy turned to leave the room. When Johann looked back to his grandmother he simply smiled and answered “I will come visit you tomorrow!”. The woman nodded in return as she watched him leave. But she was afraid, would she truly be able to stay alive until he was to be married? She had promised to try after all. Yet Ingrid was so tired, she could feel her body begging for relief from the pain she bore every hour. Her breathing got more ragged for every second that passed. Was her body truly this weak, she pondered? Ingrid then glanced at the cupboard in her desk. A small relief washed over her as she knew that if this was to be her last moment at least she had written letters to those she loved. 

Where was her husband? She thought to herself, she wished to say farewell to him before she left this world. The man she had loved, treasured and had children with for all these years. She felt it now, that she would not wake up to see tomorrow. Alas she had no strength left to yell, call out or even get out of her bed. Her eyes struggled to stay open as she slowly succumbed to the slow and painful death that had been awaiting her for all those years. If only she could have held her children one last time she thought. And thus she got out one more sentence before she took her last breath. 

“Erich, I will finally see vy again my boy”

Ingrid Mariya Barclay nee Amador

331 ES -  393 ES

[!] Letters would be found in the cupboard that was written to the fellow individuals

Friedrich Barclay

Spoiler

My dear husband, 

the day you are to read this letter I pray that you stay strong for our children and grandchildren. I had hoped to not leave you so soon and that we would have so many great years together. We had planned to go on a second trip to see the world as we once did when young, alas it never happened. Instead I ask you to take our grandchildren and our children on the trip we went on when children. May it be a healing experience for you as you start tomorrow without me by your side. I shall watch you from above and be with you in your heart as you do.

Signed, 

Your dear wife, Ingrid

Emilia Barclay

Spoiler

My Emilia,

hope your adventures have brought you happiness and comfort in your years away from the family. If this letter ever reaches your hand, know that I am no longer alive. But I thought of you every day that you were gone. I love you, my darling.

Signed,

Your dear mother, Ingrid

Isolde Barclay

Spoiler

Oh my precious Isolde,

I miss you so dearie, your laughter always brought me so much comfort. And your smiles were my treasures. I pray you will find what you were looking for one day. Know that I shall watch over you every day from the skies. I love you.

Signed,

Your dear mother, Ingrid

Johann Barclay

Spoiler

Dear Johann,

being in your position is never easy, but I know you can make it. We are all so proud of you and I wish I could have continued watching you grow, to watch where you take our family and this County. But my time is sadly up. I will always be with you, even if I am no longer there in flesh. You need only think of me and I shall be in your heart, guiding you and leading you on. Be strong my dear.

Signed,

Your loving grandmother, Ingrid

Adrianna Darkwood

Spoiler

Adrianna dear,

I wish I could have made more tea with you. You were always so sweet to me during my illness. I hope you find comfort with your husband and your children.

Signed,

Your aunt, Ingrid

To the Barclay House

Spoiler

I had hoped this day would never come when you would all have to go on without me. It pains me that I will no longer get to work with you all in bringing the Barclay name to greatness. But I know you all can do it without me, you have all grown up after all. You are no longer the children I helped raise or watched over alongside your parents. Do not stain your shirts with your tears over me, instead I wish for you all to dance. Dance for the Barclays, dance for the children, dance for the parents, dance for the living. For the dead shall dance no more, and only you can do so for us. I shall watch from above and cheer for you all.

Signed,

Ingrid Barclay

Antonius Barclay silently mourns the loss of the member of his family and utters a small prayer for her spirit.

Johann Barclay stared at the letter with cold, distant eyes. He let out an shakey breath, but did not cry. Just as he had not cried when Lorenz had died. Instead the young Lord folded the letter, swallowed, and began to make his way back to the main gate.

Edited by Frymark

Friedrich reated his head in his hands after having read the letter. Just recently he had talked about how they had met on Arcas, how they went exploring around the continent together. Now he thought back as a sudden surge of grief hit the man after having found a bit of peace with all the death and loss that had surrounded him over the years after his retirement. He spoke to himself as his voice cracked, on the verge of braking down. "I know you are not in pain anymore, meine Frau, yet I wish I could have repaid you more for staying by me through it all."

A messenger boy arrives, huffing and sweating, to Adrianna Darkwood's side with two notes to her. She takes them and reads them both, tears welling in her sweet eyes. A single pale tear drops down her cheek to her chin, though she wipes it away before it can fall, just as the deceased Ex-Duchess wanted.

"T-tante..." She cries, "Du... Ich am so sorry.. Ich... Ich left before e-even saying ein proper hello.. Du never.. Did du meet mein son? Did du even know much at all?" She painfully laments, clutching at her chest.

"Du... Du felt like ein Mutter to mich, while mein wast out in the world.. We... Ich should have made du... Made du more tea."

Filled with regret and grief for the woman she wishes she truly knew, Adrianna moves off to find her husband to share the news and dance. Just the two of them. Just as Tante Ingrid wanted.

Edited by CopOwl

“Oh Godani-“ Mutters Charles Darkwood as his wife notifies him of Ingrid’s death. “Ich did nicht get ein chance to meet her, but du have told me ein lot.” He rambles, then lowering his head and murmuring a quick prayer for the fallen Duchess before heeding his wife’s request of a dance.

@CopOwl

Ser Reinhardt Barclay had been in Reinmar at the time of his Aunt’s passing, he heard the commotion upstairs from the Illatian servants running around, when he walked upstairs he found out what the source of the disturbance was.  The Knight signed the lloraine at sight, holding back the tears but muttering to himself “Rest well, Tante Ingrid, Gott Knows du deserved it, und du have faced a great deal of hardships, never once did du rest or rust.. Wer Rastet Der Rostet…” He finished then went to inform his wife of the passing and decide on how to break the news to their children 

Sosina Amador embraces her sister as they are reunited in death, commenting, “You did a better job in avoiding the bees than how I did, I’m proud of you.  Oh-. . . I’m proud of the other accomplishments too!”

Marcella Barclay watched from her favorite armchair in the seven skies, standing up to welcome Ingrid. "Thankyou for doing what I could not manage to." She'd smile, "Thank you for standing by my brother while I could not."

Charlotte was sitting, smoking her pipe when Ingrid walked in. It had been some time since Sosina had come to join her in the Seven Skies, but she couldn't help but break into a smile upon seeing Ingrid. "Well done my dear, come join me. We have a lot of catching up to do."

A voice in the wind spoke "Tell Ingrid I love her." It floated past Reinmar and hopefully up to Ingrid in the Seven Skies.