A Demand of Hubris

Security_

Spoiler

This information is known only to those in Vasoyevi, and to those within the Hexicanum. Please do not meta its contents.

In the midst of a moonless night, from the dual spires of the Hexicanum fluttered a torrent of bats, birds, and foul rotting creatures that blotted the cloudless sky, each carrying parchment within their grasp. Making way for the river, missives are dropped along the fields of Vasoyevi and within the city itself, marked with a wax seal of an enneagram.

A Demand of the Siegmunic Peoples

Free Enneagram Icon, Symbol. PNG, SVG Download.

To the Siegmunic peasants and people of Vasoyevi,

You harbor land that you settled on but a couple decades ago which now lay stagnant, a blight upon the border of my hold. A false duke sits upon a deceiver’s throne, one who spits in the face of divine and righteous rule. You taint the river with your filth, cowering within your homes like cradled babes that fail to act on the pestilence of AZDROMOTH that toils the weakest of mortalkind. So must a price be paid, for the insolence of your false prophecies of the Creator, and your covetous acts with an Aengul, betrayer of Man. Shall you offer to me your recompense, all will be forgiven. If not, may ash, and the PSOGLAV cull what few of you remain, until eternity turns to Void.

I. YOU SHALL BRING UNTO ME A CARAVAN, PILED HIGH WITH BUSHELS OF WHEAT SO THAT YOU MAY LEARN LABOR.

II. YOUR FINEST WINES AND MOST LAVISH OF SILKS SHALL BE POURED INTO THE RIVER, SO THAT YOU MAY KNOW HUMILITY.

III. YOUR FATHERS WILL BOW BEFORE ME, LENDING THEIR SWORDS FOREVER TO MY DIVINE ACTS, TO UNDERSTAND ETERNAL LOYALTY.

IV. THE FIRST BORN WILL BE TAKEN FROM EACH HOUSE, SO THEY MAY BE RAISED AS SAGES AND SCHOLARS, TO BRING WISDOM WHERE THERE IS NONE.

I challenge any who claim kinship with the immortal soul, who breaks bread with the sunderers of Aos and Eos. So shall Vasoyevi be freed under my watch, whether by olive laurels, or by steel. 

You have but three moons, until I claim what is rightfully mine.

LORD ARCHMAGE SVI'AL FANLA-BROOL

The Lord Chancellor of Urguan sighs as he would read the missive of yet another fanatical group threatening their people, before tossing it on the ever-growing throw-away pile. "Oh no" He'd say briefly before turning back to his previous reading "Anehway"

Spoiler

Oh no anyway Meme Generator - Imgflip

Leyunia sighs with the missive of yet more threats against a settlement, giving a simple shrug. "Threatening an empty, abandoned settlement isn't the best use of one's time." She said, tearing the missive up and discarding it. "Can't say they don't deserve to be threatened, but really, let them die and stay dead like their leader."

Ysidorá Jelisavetá sat in her home in Vasoyeva, reading the letter sent to her and her people. Upon hearing the archmage's requests, her face would be filled with surprise and dread. "The firstborn... how atrocious." she exclaimed as she rose from her seat, appalled. Soon after, she tore the letter up, trying to leave no traces behind. "This city is on its final legs, barely... this is what Ursula prophesied, this is our fault. . . .  God help us." 

[!] A simplistic reply would be penned, bearing no signature to its diction- for 'twas wrought of frayed and tattered parchments, and scribed with ink of squid. 

"Your challenge is taken, False Divine. I pray you do not disappoint.

The Storm brews, and the skies roar in beckon- raise your arms only if you wish to have them stripped from your hands."