A Denunciation of the Orenian Gossipers

MikoMonster

Joseph Alexander d’Arkent is terribly disappointed that his aunt is not a cool lizard like his Grandfather.

"Maybe the confessional will fall in on her head and knock some sense into her." Abraham grimaced at the family issues, having worried over Eleanore due to these unfounded accusations. "Then again, the whole church roof might have to fall on Anne Caroline before she changes her wicked and god-forsaken ways." The man clears his throat, before returning to his duty.

The landgravine started off into space, eyes landing on fair skin wrapped in blankets. The mobile turning with stars and noble banners. A maid came in with the papers, along with the words she heard on the square. “She did that to her own daughter? Deceitful, dreadful that poor girl.” 

“This is a lie! Grandma Auvergne is amazing!” A young d’Arkent shouted from the confines of Sunholdt.

"Gotta say I feel proud of myself for spilling those beans to Ele." Simply stated Tavisha Markov, as her eyes skimmed through the epistle. "Wonder whose's childhood was worse: mine or hers." She snickered to herself, pandering on the thought.

Edited by Althea_

A father can be no prouder when their kin has transcended his expectations. Akin to a silent teacher, the Lord God merely observes during an arduous test of His pupil. Remember this.

Simon sets aside his evening tea within a small home, framing the document upon his door.

"I saw her disguise into a man! She is an Azdrazi!" Muhammad Hassan blurted aloud, likely confusing this woman with someone else. He inhaled sharply, rolling out his prayer-matt at the local masjid built specifically for him in Savoy, courtesy of the Prince of Savoy ( @Lionbileti). Upon adorning his taqiyah, both hands nestled at his ears. "Allahu akbar."

That night, he prayed for the scions of Shaitan to be quelled swiftly. 

"I am so surprised.. who would have known a inbred orenian woman would slander her own kin" A Sedanian noble would mutter in sarcasm

"I've said this 1,000 times - stop getting involved in what the Nobles gossip about, its not our business." Minuvas clacks the missive out of an Elf's hand who seems overly interested in Orenian tabloids at the Ravenmoure.

2 hours ago, Kholibrii said:

“This is a lie! Grandma Auvergne is amazing!” A young d’Arkent shouted from the confines of Sunholdt.

Leon meandered about Orenian land before hearing a cry through a window!- he shouted in response, "Seems by the looks of it yer ma's a common Orenian broad! It's okay though..." He paused to think for a moment "It's not actually... Hope things get better!" With that he continued picking herbs.

2 hours ago, MrChenn said:

A father can be no prouder when their kin has transcended his expectations. Akin to a silent teacher, the Lord God merely observes during an arduous test of His pupil. Remember this.

Simon sets aside his evening tea within a small home, framing the document upon his door.

woah.

Vespira, the famous gossip herself shot to her feet from the couch she sat at with a grin as she wandered over to Anne C. dropping the missive by her desk before she excused herself, walking around the Palace as she gossiped about the whole situation to Philippa Antionette, even making up new rumors. "I'm just saying... The rumors started for a reason, Darling~ Im sure its that Savoyan boy she's been seen with who's really the abomination, such a shame... Such a shame..." The Tycoon then wandered off to tell her favorite niece in Sunholdt "Oh well obviously her mothers just BROKEN up about it, the poor dear, even in such a dark place, darker than usual, and we both know which of the Novellans is most likely to end it all..."

@Fie @Azie @zuziee

The Emperor considers this missive, his brigadier Vonchester with him as he sends his hawk off of his leather gauntlet, his old eyes barely making it out as it ascends.

Another soldier on horseback would approach the Imperial retinue with a copy of this missive, delivering it into the Brigadier. The aging zealot squints up at the clouds hopelessly as he is read the paper.

”How dreadful,” he sighs as the hawk dives unto some unknown prey. He cannot trace it’s dive anymore, but a nearby courtier describes it to him.

As the retinue follows the hawk’s dive on foot, the Emperor laments to Vonchester,

“My dearest granddaughter, how sad. We had spoken with Otto August, given him Our blessing in hopes he would help me in diverting such erratic behaviors as public denunciation, or vile proclamations of hatred against her own family, and the young man gave me his word. Though surely he could not control this outburst; Our Imperial daughters are not simple creatures.”

The retinue approaches the hawk in the brush, it’s claws grasped tightly around the throat of a prairie rabbit. 

“We pray she considers her hurtful words. It was for the sake of her that We informed her King that she was under suspicion by the Lectors of Owyn, and left it to him and the High Pontiff to determine a fair course of action. To accuse her own mother, Our beloved daughter, of such a villainous thing, We pray forever that they reconcile.”

Anne Caroline woke up to a lot of 'fanmail' the following morning. "What the bloody hell happened?" she asked her lady in waiting groggily as she sorted through the mess of letters and missives, both in support of her or to spite her.

A few hours later, Anne sat coddled up with a cup of hot tea, her reading glasses, pen and paper, which she used to write a
private and quite simple, yet telling reply;

To Her Highness, Anne Eleanore Pruvia

There are few things that are left to be said between the two of us.
The only interaction I have had with you  somewhat recently were when you accusing me of adultery and hoping that your father leaves me.
I am sorry that you think me to be a viper and I am certain that I could have been a better mother to you. A lot of things I said to you were said in a heated argument - I am sure you recall such.

I am aware that I was not who you deserved in your life - but I bid of you to try to put yourself into my shoes for once:

You are a young girl - a princess of Oren - yet you are not well-liked. You are somewhat chubby and wear big glasses on your crooked nose. Your mother is bound to her chambers, your father is out to do his Holy Duty and most of your siblings are off to boarding school. The courts riddicule you every chance you get - but there is one young suitor who seems to be kind to you. There is neither love nor attraction - just him being kind to you. A few years later, at the age of only 18 summers, you find yourself standing at the altar.

At first, everything seems alright, though soon after you've had your three children, everything starts to fall apart. You feel trapped, entangled. You feel no love for the man you have married - you never have. You were fond of his kindness, but such vanished as the years went on.
You love your children, but you cannot go on like this. With a heavy heart, you do what you've always wanted to do.

You flee. You take a trip around the continent in your boat. Of course you are sad for your children, whom you could not take with you. You think of them and write in your diary about them, wondering what they look like now. And when you return, you only see two of those children greet you - not your youngest.

You know then and there that you have been estranged to your youngest, the child you held dearest to your heart.

Eleanore, I wish I could have been a better mother to you, and I wish I could have aided you and guided you. I must admit, I have failed you and I am truly sorry for this.

I know you are unwilling to speak to me - and perhaps this will be the last time we shall hear of one another, for better or for worse.
I must however plead with you that you take this to your heart and that you try to rid yourself of corruption of any kind. You are a young girl and it is not too late to change your ways and to find the light of GOD engulfing you once more. Despite not knowing where your path will lead you, I hope you find happiness in your new life.

Signed,
your mother, Anne

Spoiler

no metagaming pls - the letter was private