THE WOMAN IN BLOOM [PK]

sarahbarah

Lotte Dolorem sat in the quiet of her home, alone at the kitchen table. They held a handkerchief in one hand, and a tear-stained letter in the other. Blurry mismatched eyes struggled to read the writing amidst the suffocating silence in the room. 

As she closed her eyes once more in an attempt to collect herself, the woman would almost be pulled back to the night at the square - the guilt and pain tearing Lotte's heart in two as Amicia hacked and coughed into a blood-soaked rag. The woman who was so full of love, and life, turned into nothing but a husk of her former self despite the weary smile she tried to wear. Even wanting to give Amicia one last final goodbye in the gardens before going home, Lotte had not anticipated losing her mentor so soon.

"Ami... Ami..."  The panic in Lotte's rising voice had choked in Amicia's final moments, held at the side of the bed with Emerald as she took laboured breaths. In this moment, she felt this almost innate sort of desperation and sorrow, like a little girl losing her mother. They had began to pray as they squeezed onto Amicia's weak hand - to someone, to anyone, to not take their Ami away. Not like this, for the love of anything, please don't make me miss you more than I already do. Lotte's own words echoed into her mind, as the woman turned to the side to look at both grieving women.

"You've bloomed."

Amicia would beam onto Emerald and Lotte like the ray of sunshine she was before heaving her last breath and going limp, smiling as she went in this moment of peace, watched over by the two friends. The look of love and pride upon her face would be one emblazoned into Lotte's mind to the ends of time. 

Only the soft rain hitting against the window would be enough to bring Lotte back to the present, seeing that her dress and face had been stained with tears. Staring into the void, it felt like their heart had been torn straight from their chest - leaving a hollow hole that was unable to be filled. 

Is this what true grief feels like? The woman had had her fair share of dances with Death, from their patients, her cousin-in-law, and more recently her husband - they hurt every single time, like a stab into the chest, but this. This felt like someone had twisted and driven that knife even further.

Turning to the soft drizzle outside, she'd let their own tears pour down her cheek with the soft quivering utterance:

"Mon amour.. que vais-je faire maintenant sans toi..?"

Spoiler

ooc note: tysm for rping with me, sarah!! you made amicia such a fun and lovable character and i cannot wait to see what your other characters bring to the table!

PLUS I NEED A POTENTIAL MOTHER-IN-LAW TO BOTHER

Emerald Ferinn Guenevere shakily held up the letter, almost tuning out her husband's voice when he read it out loud (@wowsirss). Their teary eyes stared at the stone walls of her home, still not being to process anything. 

The more she stared into the void, the more Amicia's words echoed in their mind. "You've bloomed," whispered the dying de Astrea to Em and Lotte. They remembered the expression on her face - full of pride, love, and satisfaction despite not looking the part. It was something Emerald would never forget. 
She held themselves up by holding onto Lotte's arm as Lotte held onto Amicia's hand, almost as if she was guiding her to the Seven Skies. In the end, all Em could say with a shaky breath was,
"... You helped us bloom ... thank you."

The memory was taking up most of Emerald's attention to even bother noticing her husband returning to work. She sat there, unable to move. Frozen in time. Staring at the words as the memory continued to replay in their mind. 

"Tell them I said hi," Em whispered to the void before breaking down into tears once more.

Spoiler

ooc note: tysm for the memories sarah <3
you made me feel welcomed in old elysium when i first started out in may. thank you for being there when i needed help. i'll never ever forget that, mwah!

p.s. i can't wait to the annoy the hell out of you with my kid persona, just you wait <3

Spoiler

for the funnies:

Screen_Shot_2021-10-18_at_5.33.01_AM.png

unknown.png

Dky6kSO7F7DjeJHa5gphFU_mRoEps4SJSkYMcmrqRromRKPVN3_a51yCAAITijTUMunmXz3Kc3nVTU363wTI7yprPNfa-K3yoatBeKqlBITQ846ioLivThdK5KMTiEM86HPikVjjqXmiAcJvzcnvP2o060eCrOGyrIa2HJAxXQjpiDAGIitSI1PTYGrafHGDyqOi_rKO_gxw52EkE7a7WF3RYlLsw9ID8iFH7gftS7nAs0t0Wr4a79pTDXSmE9wkdiUkcZoTYUCfxWUW-4qfRu8VLdwf5fXJgs4emFLLqyoyDomDTCEYGCSnQQTama_L61Ouj39HSoL3LazLLeZFjRmufFvopLKMUqG0T9_5NbZw777z2mrtDARxKjGEM_xlLMvvn1fWImC_86af6zI7iI4qBPIyAqg8XOliPOki3sA1GotxdgmWDU27tdcj_gho4lVhhlzH9mdSdMOaTzW3L_Q__nCYtnOFG2XIonWA34ya1y0uZlMfTJUnZ1ZMgEET-RNEE8JBLs2nGwU_2Mny76R5onyWdGByV_aw3u4MSGvGDXRwoJf36tYqnunjwhra5NVZgQK7hEKfn7M5L9KZLQenSBqJ_rLuTqr8vB8O7qDq7yEwykeRPFkbbxfWTD9cv1ypICEDe-mMpXsGurVzZAB3Eg3OwHAQMZD9BcX-3TwJLoE4k7rTAynjSRUo0CnZQFQnXOjLYxWYzTNWdXwkISOAtQ=w651-h303-no?authuser=0

Eugeo de Astrea is irrevocably inconsolable. Missing his beloved niece greatly. 

Somewhere in the afterlife, a certain Hali Kvitravn watched Amicia arrive with a grin on his face. "Heh, now Oi can bully yeh again ey?" The Kvitravn laughed for just a moment, then released a solemn sigh.

Aruan Ferinn read Amicia's letter to his wife over her shoulder, his face slowly falling as he realized what it meant. He didn't cry, not yet, but he let out a soft, shaky sigh that spoke of future tears. "I'm going to miss her," He says to Emerald, and then stands up to return to his work.

Anya de Astrea had barely noticed her mother's illness, her cheerful temperament and deep dislike of serious conversations leading her to easily believe the hushed stories of 'lots of work to do' and 'just needs to sleep.' When she returned home one evening to find her mother dead, Anya couldn't bear to even look at her body. It was something truly wrong, she thought. Mama laid out in bed like this, not drinking tea in the gardens or fixing people in the clinic. Not with her or Acadia or papa. At this thought - She will never see mama and papa together again, not with their sweet little whispers to eachother, not holding hands, - she did go up to her mother's body. Anya picked up Amicia's hand, her gaze falling on her blue dress. Anya and Acadia had always been a pair with their parents. Anya on Christopher's shoulders, Acadia walking next to them, hand clutched in Amicia's. Anya wondered why she had been the one Amicia put in blue. "I suppose there's no way of knowing now," Anya whispered to herself, and then broke into a bout of tears. She curled over Amicia, intending to give her one last hug, but instead just sunk down onto the floor, the edge of the blanket clutched in her hands.

Iduna Anne had decided many months ago to remain in her county until her youngest son was of age, the scurrying of children around the mountainsides respectfully terrified her. Nora, an old assitant and friend of the Countess delivered a letter, Amicia's, along with a platter of tea and mushed fruit for Nikolaus. She waved the letter aside, finding no need to read it just then; but her heart sank as if the contents within had already found themselves to her. 

Slowly did the Countess rise to her desk, a cup of tea in hand as she slipped into the wooden chair. Stopping, she'd not wanted to read the letter but after a fit of hoarse coughs she ran a finger beneath the seal and pulled out the note. Head turning at her husbands arrival before casting an emerald gaze unto the deep colored wording; reading..

"No, no, no.. No!" Iduna cried, she'd not seen the woman in some time, her memories of them together were slim. "She.. she can't be gone.." The wailing continued as the letter was clutched close to her heart, tears dampening the parchment edges. 

Giving no greeting to her husband at his return she sat with her head in hands, Nora at the womans closet preparing her garbs for respectful mourning.

Edited by Itz_Cookie

Aylin de Astrea stumbled back against her study bookcase at the news that her dear cousin had been found in her eternal slumber in her bed in the palace. 
She reminisced fondly of how they were the freckled girls. The times she had comforted young Amicia. The woman she had blossomed into. The manner in which time and time again Amicia had saved her from both a terrible man and then from being struck by arrows and at deaths' door. 

"Until we see one another again, sweet freckled princess," Aylin murmured softly

*frisket Drops her hammer and chisel as Odin comes to the workshop with a new missive, she kneels down and grabs it of the screowls neck as she rolls it down from its packed state, but this action was almost to shocking for her, atleast as much, she began to re read it in shock...almost thinking it was a joke, but even she knew things like this wasn't a matter of jesting. As tears rolled dried from her cheeks yet another friend she considered was gone before her. She stared at the missive in utter disbelief and almost felt as if time was lost, and as if she missed alot of events.*

"Vous me manquerez mes amis, merci, votre vie ne sera jamais oubliée, madame Amicia"

A window in the Vanari house Explodes outwards as a chair makes its way down onto the street along with many shards of Glass, A Panting lunah standing at the now open window gazing down at the broken shards, Shoulders heaving as her eyes water. The Little girl she had known for so long, the one she had watched grow up into womanhood was gone. How short the life of a Human was.. only now was she truely beginning to realise this.

After a long and a weary day of travel, the sounds of a horse arriving to Halstaig rang through out the gardens. Shortly after, heavy footsteps, metal clanking, and a few deep coughs signal Elias has arrived home. Taking slow steps up the stairs to not disturb the sleeping household, he finally arrives to the Countess's chambers.

"Eja, dear." Spoke he as he stripped out of his armor into more comfortable attire, making his way over to the woman where she sat. "Vhat ist t'is?" he inquires as he leans forward to look over the letter thst laid open on the small table. Taking a moment to read it over, everything seem to stop, the crackling fire grew silent along with a cooing auburn hair babe.

"Vhat?" The Count calls out in shock, "Ami has passed? Ich vas just 'n Elysium, ich vould've stopped by, it's t' soon, she 'as more time." Elias rambles on, shaking his head, his gaze slowly drifting to the ceiling, "Oh, Ami...vyr 'n a better place, do keep a vatchful eye over my bruder and nieces vhen ich nitch t'eir for him. Ve've been friends for many years and it hurts t' lose another. Be vell..." He was at a loss for words, cutting himself off at the end, knowing he will probably never see her again...

From the Seven Skies, a certain Analiesa de Astrea would await her cousins arrival, the young girl a constant image of youth and innocence and of those who were taken too soon. “Bonjour Ami..”

r . . .

1 hour ago, Mady said:

From the Seven Skies, a certain Analiesa de Astrea would await her cousins arrival, the young girl a constant image of youth and innocence and of those who were taken too soon. “Bonjour Ami..”

As Amicia arrived, a smile reflecting similar youth spread across her features as she opened her arms for her cousin. “Salut, Ana. I’m home now.”

Anna d'Arkent hadn't quite registered the letter until she was able to read it over a few times. When it did finally sink in, she muttered three prayers: One for Ami's safe journey to the seven skies, one for her two darling daughters now having to grow up without their bright and wonderful mother, and one for her nephew Christopher, who now unfortunately knew her pain of losing a love before yourself and living on because you have to.