Wicked and Impure | An Imperial Elven Reply

Minuvas

[!] Would publicy reply to the missive, to whomever its author was, placing it adjacent.

Amir or as is said in the ancient tongue ilir,
 Brother Wildfire, Forgive me if I address you in the tongue my parents have taught me, and as they have taught them. You have not named me in your missive, and you should mark my name in bold - Vobis Nae, my brother. Though you may consider it impure, it is old in its own right. That you have chosen to condemn our people with fitting words reflected in the sermons of St. Pius, himself an Elf, illuminates his preaching on the struggles of impurity and acceptance we Elves in Valah lands have long suffered. And allow me to say that in this regard, I am indeed wicked. My Patter'Magnir and Patter'Halter did not suffer at the hands of our kin and the Valah to be called 'race-traitor' and yet in the same breath not be willing to teach and wizen those who remain open to listening. We are listenning.

The very nature of our existence, is an existence of oppression. Some 500 years ago in the time of the Dominion of Malin, our kind was subjugated by force under the Ex. Godfrey. The schism rifted further when our society was divided from those who betrayed the Empire a century later at Johannesberg, while others chose to remain as loyalists.

We are the blood and spiritual descendants of those loyalists. For centuries since, our culture has been scattered and our people have for all of those centuries never truly been welcomed amongst the halls of the Princedoms. For what Elf would write of Imperial Elven loyalists? What Human would care for a race that lives in such minority within its walls? Ours is an oral tradition, a forgotten way, and a repressed life. Threatened with with punishments, exile, imprisonment - carrying similar tones to your own missive - from  the Princedoms forced us to cling to the Valah in which our parents had sworn service to out or necessity. They  too, would not welcome us as equal for a few centuries more. If you are angry that we have forgotten your ways, why do you yet again wish to repeat this history?

Rejected from our homes, and strangers in Valah territory, we forged for ourselves and our families a life,  privately suffering in lonesome abandon,  suffering inflicted both from  our Kin and our Crown. 

We do, on numerous occasions, make outreach to the many Elven communities - in hopes of rekindling what has been lost or denied to us. That you have chosen not to educate, but to lecture. Not to teach, to help us recover what is important to us speaks to the heart of what I assume must be fear. You remain the denier that we have taught our children of, and thus we are saddened to see you fulfill this role once more. 

You do not hate us for where we live, it has never been about the territory we've placed rooted ourselves to.  We could just as easily be Haensetic Elves. This hatred is for what we are, not raised behind cloistered walls and cities of purely Elven territories - that we have learned goodness from the Valah and seen wickedness in the Mali and attempted to reconcile the best of those in us. Those same Mali who have casted our ancestors into the acid pits, or flayed us and humiliated us publicly for their amusement - demanding we be erased and forgotten.

Fear not, Princes of the Elven Kingdoms. You rejected us from your realms so long ago you have forgotten the decrees. If you wish to reaffirm this, it shall not change our lives. You once raided our people to drag back for your trials. You have named us impure and wicked in more private circles than we care to count, and we have genuflected for centuries in respect and deference for a time when our Great Ancestors walked with you as brother and sister - while you have only spit on our existence. 

For those Princes who wish to see friends, not wickedness - we wish to learn the old ways, and share what we have learned from the Valah. The worse that could happen is that one of us might be wrong. We have made peace with our Crown, we seek to make peace with our Kin.

Servus,
Minuvas Melphestaus
Wicked & Impure

Hieran nods along as he listens to his brother speak. He remarks to his fellow judge 

"The missed his name on the missive you know - and mine was at the bottom. Worst thing about it really"

He steps up to Minuvas slowly and joins in at the end

"SERVUS SUMUS my friends. We are citizens of Oren, the great empire. Let thise mushroom eating fools talk us down" 

He holds a glowing blade up high to the sky, before sheathing the blade

"We are proud of who we are minuvas"

"Spiffing, dare i say"

reading the missive over Aesar would say "while some of those make no sense to me, i agree with my uncle in law

[!] A simple letter would be delivered, within which was told a tale.

"Malin dispersed from the sight of the Elves, one day, and so they deduced this: they shall divide themselves evenly, defined by their virtues they carried in their father’s age, and so all was well for ninety-nine years and another. A generation of Humans passed in this time; and the Elves were still young, and all was well.

And then the second age of divisions came, and some Elves became dark like trees, and some were dark like darkness within caverns, and the last of them bright like sunshine. The three divisions lasted, but clans formed within each of them; and so when that era ended, the Elvenkind within these three clans felt discontent, and so they construed further divisions. This time, they named themselves ‘seeds’ and ‘families’, and sequestered themselves away in their own hovels; whether atop trees, or stone spires, or within the cavernous recesses. Ninety-nine years and another passed; another generation of Humans passed; and all was well again.

Then an Elf came unto many fragments, devoid of the divisions marked upon his skin, and he said this:

“Abandon yourselves of this folly that breaks our unison - the Humans die hastily, and their sons learned from their history, and shall come to know keenly of your conceit as they of theirs.”

But the countless divisions ignored him, for they relished their individualism and honored Malin in their own ways. So the Undivided One who came, with blood of Sylvaen, was marked Outcast - and his whole line of Undivided, Outcasts.

Ninety-nine years and another passed, and Humans perished from age again, and their sons became bitter and cold-hearted for they endured both time and war across three centuries where Elves spent their time debating their individuality. So the Humans took up the sword, and fell upon the Elves, and reminded them of the pain and suffering that their divisions afforded. They were all rounded up and put under the Human Empire that would fall in the next century; and then the Elves remembered the truth of the Sylvaen, whose blood was the blood of Malin. An age of subjugation fell upon them."

Signed,

Everflame

"Is this what us elves have gone down to? Falling apart and bickering like men?"  

Kosher Daesmon questions, throwing down multiple missives into a fire. 

"Perhaps we are at the end of a chapter, where a new one with fresh ink can begin."

The young elf states, beginning to rapidly write with quill on parchment, preparing public statements.

Edited by Pancho

A lari with hair as red as flame found her way from one missive to the next, her fingertips tracing the fine paper and the indentations which accompanied the scrawling of ink. Her minds eye, which had seen much in her lifetime by now, recalled from her youth how many of her people were pale of skin and had dyed hair of bright colours; how such had only come to an end when the Mali'ame had been introduced to culture, and how that culture had grown richer and more vibrant than any dye in any hair.

Glancing off with glowing eyes, and a luminous tattoo upon her shoulder, she pondered for a long moment. The Dominion had not been so long ago, for she had lived prior to its founding and now after its collapse, a golden era of independence flecked with its own perils many of which she never warmed to. Then she remembered before that time, living under the yoke of Valah Imperialism under the threat of Orcish raiders and Haelun'orian genocide, and how she had voiced for independence and backbone on more than one occasion; how many so loud and fierce now, would be as loud back then?

“Hmm… I see…” Becclain read over the missive with a small sigh. He simply thought to himself, about everything going on currently. 

"They don the pelt of a wolf, but it does not make them any less a sheep." Grumbled an Illatian man, creasing the missive with a disgruntled vice grip. "These 'Imperial-' elves are taking occupations and homes from hardworking Orenians!" The man slammed the response against the desk he sat at, a tantrum brooding- evident in his heavied breathing. Muttering then in a hush, the man shook his head slow, "They would do better to return to the trees they belong in.."