returning not-quite-newbie with no idea where to start!

critter

Hi there!

Recently I got back into MC (midterm procrastination) and dug up my old LotC profile and, hey, here we are again. I'm a perpetually anxious writer/roleplayer trying to fill the off-season LARP void with block-shaped adventures. Prone to dirty woodland hippy and the odd chaotic bard OCs, although I expect it to take a minute before I truly test the waters - it's been forever, my memory is fuzzy, and there's so much cool lore to sift through, but I'm super excited to be back and poking around. This looks like an awesome community that I can't wait to rejoin! Orientation, new pals, et cetera welcome. 

Edited by opossummypossum

Normally I'd offer a hand and invite you to my community but I'm not exactly involved with a large community at the moment, so I can only say hello 👋

If your intent is to stick around long-term and get some RP out of the server, I'd highly recommend getting yourself involved with a community. Every nation and settlement is unique in terms of activity, roleplay quality, culture, players, etc. Personally, I've found some of my best RP experiences stem from the smaller, well-knit communities and people I'm comfortable with OOCly, as I find that they tend to be more meaningful than the large-scale nation RP. Some of these smaller communities are usually welcoming, but others you may have to naturally stumble across along the way through your RP journey or by simple chance. 

But above all, don't get discouraged! If you're struggling to enjoy yourself or if something goes awry along the way, just remember that it takes time, and I can guarantee that if you're a player who really throws yourself into the RP scene, you'll find opportunities to really start having fun on the server.

Also, this is probably going to sound grim, but understand the community you're with when you get involved in one. There are some fantastic players and communities on the server, but there's also some not-so-fantastic players and communities on the server. I think the community a new player is involved with really shapes and determines the type of player they turn out to be as they learn the ropes.

Spoiler

If you ever want to chat, feel free to hit me up on discord @ un-w#9099 :) 

Welcome back! If you last played a few years ago- expect a little bit of a change.