TO A GREAT VARIETY OF FRUSTRATING PEOPLE

AstriaS

TO A GREAT VARIETY OF FRUSTRATING PEOPLE 

A Public Letter from Velsyni Indoren

Over the course of many years, we have slowly come to a great confluence of things which annoy me terribly- a grating, ever-swelling crescendo of frustrating events and ideas, if you will. So great in magnitude has my distaste for these annoyances- as well as their perpetrators- grown that I can no longer keep my silence on the matter. So, though I may simply be screaming into an empty abyss, I will address individually and directly each of those ever-nagging frustrations in the back of my mind which are currently the most bothersome.

Firstly, I address those Mali who believe they are Valah,

There has been much talk in recent days about your particular brood of reprobates; those of Malin’s blood who believe themselves the kin of the same folk who have long sought our suffering. Much has already been said of your particularly distasteful fondness for the flavor of Horen’s boot leather, so I shall not dwell on a topic which others have so well covered already. Instead, I will just admonish you and explain, as succinctly as I possibly can, why I believe you are fools to the last. To find friends among the other races is one thing, and to find comrades as well. However, to think them as close as kin and to defer to them as your overlords is another entirely. That these people whom you so happily praise as your defenders have conned you into believing that genuine deities are, in fact, just manifestations of the ancestral idols of the Valah beggars belief to begin with, let alone the fact that you, in your arrogance, have the audacity to condescend to the selfsame people whose traditions you bastardize. I can only wonder how long it will be until you and your ilk sever the tips from your own ears at your masters’ request in the ultimate display of sycophantic zeal. Nonetheless, it is my hope that you one day find the truth and stop deceiving yourselves.

Secondly, I will address the general state of the Mali’ker,

In many respects, my thoughts on this matter mirror those of my good friend Alyndel- misguided in some regards though he may be. We live in a time where the Ashen Folk have become a fractured, factionalized people. Even my own Clan finds itself split apart and spread across the land. And not only are we divided, but many among us are intent on furthering the separation rather than seeking to mend it, like rubbing mud into an already-festering wound. Even I must admit my guilt in this, having gone to the occasional effort to cause issues for those I find particularly frustrating. With so little unity to be found, it is odd to think that it was not even a century ago that we had Renelia, where, despite its many flaws, we largely lived contently as one people. Yet, this is not the worst our folk are subject to, no. We are beset by a plague of thinning blood. With every new generation of Mali’ker, it seems, our lovely, ash-colored skin becomes closer in hue to our cousins’. Not because of some adaptation, disease, or magical alteration, of course, but because our folk seem intent- nay, hell-bent on mingling with the other Mali. This I do not at all understand, as the other Elven races are not even attractive. Quite why people will not just keep to their own kind as they ought to do, I will never know. One day, however, it is my hope that the Mali’ker will both find a new age of unity and stop throwing away their lineage.

Thirdly, I address those Mali who can move their ears,

I have not the slightest of clues how you are able to move your ears the way you do, reacting to any change of emotion in the same manner as a cat. I find this very strange- alien, almost. My ears, certainly, are incapable of doing such things, and I would be quite happy if yours did not either. In short, you scare me, as do your prehensile listening implements, and I would very much appreciate it if you would stop. Thank you in advance.

Finally, I address Aries Indoren,

You owe me nearly two-thousand mina in fees and borrowed coin alone, without even mentioning damage done to my home by that creature you turned loose in my attic. As such, as is my duty as a loving but firm sister, I am cutting you off until such time as you have repaid what you owe me.

Signed,

Velsyni, Matriarch of Clan Indoren

ixSMA_ezJeKZ2wn7kPrdGo49eN2d0EhyOGvA_K945WgkOSz4PTY9k8GqaiPps0TiAWHX0p21GceQcWinP8KHqIV9TKCyyhUCOxIZSbC5Ux1mlFJvdr6WyTaZw1SuPz5qW9EbwZVJ=s1600

Spoiler

Today's top headline, local elven madwoman attempts to engage in political discourse.

No hate intended ofc, I just wanted to write something.

"I'm so proud." Said Taurus Indoren! Reading the missive with tears in his eyes. "She's developed so far from drugging Ailmar!" 

Orym gave his favorite relative a thumbs up. 

3 hours ago, AstriaS said:

I have not the slightest of clues how you are able to move your ears the way you do, reacting to any change of emotion in the same manner as a cat. I find this very strange- alien, almost. My ears, certainly, are incapable of doing such things, and I would be quite happy if yours did not either. In short, you scare me, as do your prehensile listening implements, and I would very much appreciate it if you would stop. Thank you in advance.

An amused Prince Ragnvald Eiriksson turns to his favorite Edvardsson cousin.

"Imagine the fit she will have when she learns humans can do it as well!" @Qaz_The_Great

Rune would quickly read over the paper, then looking up once they had finished, stating. “I have many questions.

Leyna Kazimir begins laughing, looking to Doc, “I was contained until the ears. Do your ears wiggle too?” 

@ggooose1

44 minutes ago, Javert said:

"Imagine the fit she will have when she learns humans can do it as well!" @Qaz_The_Great

16 minutes ago, ohbother1 said:

Leyna Kazimir begins laughing, looking to Doc, “I was contained until the ears. Do your ears wiggle too?” 

@ggooose1

Velsyni, still in the thick of the same manic episode that had spawned the letter to begin with, rather loudly nailed a series of boards over her front door, after one too many run-ins with elves whose ears drooped, perked, folded and otherwise moved unnaturally in the middle of conversations. Nobody would ever understand this terror, or how it weighed upon poor Velsyni's mind.

4 hours ago, Javert said:

"Imagine the fit she will have when she learns humans can do it as well!"

Alric raises a brow and asks with a bemused expression,

"We can do that?"

Somewhere, an elfess's ears flicked for no particular reason other than playful spite. Even so, she read the open letter further, finding that her Mother In-law spoke more sense than even the 'wisest' of Elves in every nation combined. In a rather well-known move of the elfess, she went to pin a copy of this letter to her fridge.