Rest for the wayward (Pk post)

ColonelKuehl1

AV11g4GxMvPUJuBkh8yoKrl9ykp2SgampXvU-sVdte55HeFvriXjtJbgLb43NQO1Hy1_BjKJWl0HLa_YGzilEVQ7KAVb-KaJQoQeBFrT-nO4kcyVsmXRi0VCh_YpPLG8fC4wRjdm

In what was but a blink of an eye, they looked upon the sky. Ruin was all anyone could describe such a night. Prince Vival, the young heir of clan Velulaei’onn, stood valiantly upon the frontlines of the evacuation of Elvenese many of elven kind having looked to the skies toward their doom. The Young Ker found himself, brought to an abrupt end by a single slash of a hellish construct. In an attempt to fight for his life, the Prince found himself in the company of Elven lords. His life ended in the company of Sevrel Valindar, who took the honor of delivering the young Lord to his beloved home of the Stygian Hollow. Vival lived as the reclusive young son of the Velulaei’onn line of Renelia born to the first lord of the lands Aroen; Vival was a solitary boy having shared blood and practice within the clan Ravexi, having been raised upon the ideals of the Ironfist of the Ker. His time would have proven a brief one for the young reclusive scholarly warrior as the end brought only exodus. Having been separated by his kin, Vival found himself  alone. 

As was true for many Ker at the time, survival turned into a priority, many integrating into other communities and many more turning toward ill reputable criminal acts. Vival, as he grew up, remained within the criminal underworld, having taken part in piracy at a young age following a less than a prestigious career in thievery. Within time the young Ker, having been forced to live under an alias and disguise based upon his heritage, after an untimely end to his criminal career, Vival lived among scholars in Sutica. Vival spent much time learning about more peculiar elements of the world. Through his knowledge, he earned a grander perspective. As Vival hungered for more, his studies had found an end with the sudden loss of the academy; Vival moved from place to place, continuing his studies and moving from place to place until the destruction of Arcas where old passions reignited though were cut short.

Having lived and helped found the city of Freeport, Vival would find himself in a moment of conflict. He had learned some of his family had yet lived in the Holy Orenian Empire.  From there, Vivals path became one of walking among a pack, a growing horde of Ker tribes seeking a dream preached by his predecessor of a new Renelia. In hindsight, the goal was perhaps a fool's dream; what he wanted may not have been the best for his people, yet perhaps not one whose ends proved without merit. Vival was not meant to lead, yet upon the stagnation of his predecessor, he was the one left to find a home for his people. During a moment of desperation, Vival led his people toward various potential homes, his sight inevitably falling upon the mountainous ravines in Urguan after his dealings with the Grand King. Through what seemed to be a strenuous effort, the lands of Stygian Hollow formed. Despite the struggles, many found within the city, the Prince grew accustomed to a family, friends, and the trials that even a smaller city may provide. The Young Prince in his final moments fulfilled with his life. 

”Aelia, Pardek, and my youngest Ahzekk and the rest of my kin do not weep for eternity simply be better than I.”

“To those who remain in the Hollow, our new dream shall not end with me. Carry on for all of our sakes.”

“However I may be remembered, I only hope ill be remembered as a llir to all of you; we will meet again among the Ancestors.” 

Velulaei, watch over each of you as I now go to join her.”

Edited by ColonelKuehl1

Spoiler

a dark elf posted to the afterlife.

The elfess stepped into the city of stygian a place where she visited often the darken sky something she had gotten so use to, her tired eyes scanning the area as she looked for her friend asking people 

"Where's vival?" 

That was finally when she heard the news and felt her heart sink in her chest and anger fill in herself, not only had the dragon known as azdromoth destroyed her home it now took a friend. She traveled back to the refuge camp of Elvenesse, walking up to the water she sat down picking up a rock and throwing it tears rolling down her face. 

"I swear I make that ******* dragon PAY not only for taking my home but a friend" 

Edited by wolfersquad2004

|| 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕚𝕗𝕖 ||

Aelia Morvayn-Velulaei'onn

Spoiler

Aelia Morvayn regretted it. She regretted not being there to fight by his side as Elvenesse fell. She waited the whole fight back in the Hollow for her husband to return, nervous and sick to her stomach the entire duration. Though her heart did skip a beat when the sound of a horse would trot into the city. A singular horse. Aelia would soon find that the horse was not ridden by her husband, but by Sevrel Valindar who somberly watched her as he trotted closer with Vival's body laid before him.. As the Valindar delivered the cold man to his wife, she cried. Her hands fell to his clothing where she grasped at him and held him as she knew it would be the last time she ever got the chance. She cried for her loss, and the heartbreak she knew she would feel until her last breath... She cried for conversation that was to come where she told their son, just a teenager, of his fathers brave end. 

The pain was inevitable but she had only gotten so much time with the one she hoped to spend her life with, and she knew she would never love like that again. Duty calls, of course, though she was unsure how much longer she could go on without him. 

"I will join you one day, Mayilu"

|| 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕 ||
Rhaella Othan-Ashwood

Spoiler

Rhaella Ashwood was not aware of Vivals existence early in his life, a boy forgotten in the chaos at the height of Renelia's power. She had gone so many years unaware of the Velulaei'onn boy, and when she finally met him not too long after leaving Arcas, she found him to be quite charming. The odd spitting imagine of his father, as well as his uncle whom she had once loved. Though she was never close to him in her life, she had hoped for only good things. Rhaella hoped to see him and his name thrive just as it once did, thinking he deserved that. Knowing he deserved that. 

He listened to her now and then, and she appreciated his company around the quiet city.. Thankful he gave her a spot on his council, and the respect that came from being his friend. He gave her a home when she thought she lost them all, and a place to speak when she fell silent. She sighed upon hearing the news of his death, holding her head in her hands as she sat in the company of Zirath R'ikarth and mourned 

"I hoped I would not live long enough to see another Velulaei'onn pass.."

|| 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℕ𝕚𝕖𝕔𝕖 ||
Chen Lilia, Lilia Velu'Asath

Spoiler

Chen Lilia, Formally Lilia Velu'Asath, did not feel like she had the best childhood. It was often lonely within Elysium, and that carried over as she lived in Stygian Hollow where her name carried weight. There were no children to play with, and she hardly saw her sister and father in the isolation she kept herself in within the Velu'asath manor. Though, one of few things she did have within her empty life was her uncle Vival. Though his blood was of Velulaei'onn, she always knew that when lonely, she could bother him or Iscesi. She would never admit it, as she was often mean to him, but she loved Vival and Iscesi more than words could describe. The little Mali'ker was not always the nicest to Vival, especially as she grew older.. but he held her heart in his hands, and truthfully, her respect. She looked up to him, and hoped to be a leader like him whether or not she thought he was doing a good job..

Her eyes would fill with tears as she heard of his passing.. Her mind falling to Ahzek, her cousin. Her chest stung and felt heavier than it ever has. She was thankful he got to meet her daughter in one last meeting before his passing, the same daughter who in the wake of this news she held close to her chest.. calling her husband over to tell him she loved him. She knew death was inevitable, and that it would eventually claim everyone, but losing her uncle was what opened her eyes to how sporadic the looming figure truly was.

"Ahernan, Marmaln'onn.. llun I was not better to you.."

The young dark elf would sit in his room as he held a blade in his hand, as he ran his fingers onto the steel he looked up.
He was quite conflicted about the passing of Vival.

He was sad, yes, but no tears were shed on his behalf.

If it wasn't for Vival he would have remained a nobody, if he did not meet him back then in Norland, Stygian Hollow would not be there.

Thanks to him he finally gained a home, a family and a clan... Vival Married him to Inui, giving him the blade he was now holding with grief.

He did some questionable things too as he kept the truth away from this now ruined man, indeed Vival was known to be kind to his kin... but he was a bastard too and it seemed it was simply in his nature to be one and Zirath was too naive to understand that back then as he blindly followed him around like a boy follows his father, until he understood it the hard way.

Even after conflicts between the two, Zirath mourned the loss of his companion out of simple respect as he wrapped the blade he was holding in silk and placed it carefully in a box that he then hid,

probably never to be found or opened again.

Maeyrn's face twisted in a frustrated manner after learning about the passing of Vival. She didn't spend as much time with the 'Ker as she would have liked, but the man inspired her with his leadership and lessons that he imparted upon her. A shame that he had fallen in the defense of Elvenesse, over the pride of a dragon, though she knew his sacrifice would be a tale among his people. She gritted her teeth as she rode along the path upon her stead as she headed west, the rage within her growing and growing as events pass. "Rest well, I shall do my best to defend your people and hope our kin unite together." It was all she muttered out, hoping her words would reach the 'Ker.