The First Urguan Annual Gladiatorial Games

UnusualBrit

The First Urguan Annual Gladiatorial Games

H7O4_1U-ZOwDp0eT_-NHlWDolS7AmL4IVOBURPIHQ12KCTJG56xvnP0M63Srz24POMll_XO0w80B5Uo7IrERL5lsNXU-tyHSCu3lzZgVgUba0G5D9sw2T_6eWTkqkvekn0vvmkVP

The final match between Gror Ireheart and Mervel Frostbeard pictured in the year 48 of the Second Age.

In the year 48 of the Second Age, a grand tournament was held in the city. by Gildroc Goldhand, the newly appointed Gamesmaster. The games began with an inaugural speech by the Grand-King Ulfric Frostbeard, followed by a pious address by High-Prophet Norli Starbreaker. Next, Gamesmaster Gildroc Goldhand announced the terms of victory of the Games and called forth the first combatants of the games. 

Starting off the Grand-King’s kin, Mervel Frostbeard faced off against the well-armored Klouf Grimgold, the former easily besting the latter though for a one-armed Dwed Klouf performed most amicably. Next came Yemekar’s Pick Alaric Grimgold against the former Grand King Gror Ireheart, yet age did not daunt the legendary Dwed as he bested the Clan Father of the Grimgolds in single combat.

The ever plucky, half-beardless Durin Hammerforge squared up with Mervel Frostbeard in the latter’s second round, yet could not face the wrath of the Frostbeards and was defeated. Finally, in the last round, the elder Gror showed again that experience would always best youth as he vanquished his foe Mervel Frostbeard, stunning onlookers who proclaimed he ‘been banished to the shadow realm.'

wvjAmdC24fklXDFwkV83i0tntxsHFH3_gDc1rL1WwxLoH17g2hPJTQJxqQrwNoWNOPluDdUP2iCo7cTIcMJhvxy0VExp59vAhZVpEsfJnLn4LS7u45ypUsFo5YMPmaqk_ZsuEQW8

An artists rendition of Gror and Mervel crossing swords.

n4fD8Tquk5Z7tQ5NEjPdNsJsqxemNwEVYFy7MUvC7YBNTGpbfxQlaU5fGH0SDtRTTXJiEcoT1o2JZ7a3QcDYKe7j14QCIf9Sy7MAUtwVYn12_fRZrBpxeLFvP1EaIslQHzeE6Odt

The victorious Gror standing over the tater-wielding Frostbeard

Gror Ireheart was soon proclaimed Grand Champion by the King, in addition to the five hundred mina prize money awarded by the Gamesmaster; the runner-up Mervel granted two hundred and fifty mina for his martial prowess. However, witnesses say a strange elf showed up later, the adoring fan pestering the elderly Ireheart Grand Champion. 

SJ5jzbMYmpBOWBf0um7_F0NIa5vekndsax8_Ay04q6kNcpPIptVlR4rgX1V_-2A5Wk142wRgoapY1q6G_pqphxLGnci_1lRN4XIoAv5TsxiPjHug6L7oTmSRa3gbIN7s-I0yNdop

The Grand King proclaiming Gror Ireheart ‘Grand Champion of Urguan’.

Special thanks to Ulfric Frostbeard and Norli Starbreaker for sponsoring this year’s games.

Gamesmaster of the Urguan Grand Arena

Great-Grandson of Thoak

Gildroc Goldhand

[!] The signature of Gildroc Goldhand would be found below

((OOC: Thanks to all who came and attended the event, I hope to see a strong showing again next time!))

Agnar Ireheart sighs as he was late to sign up for the tournament.

"If only I 'ad signed up in time... could've won... be one o' d'e oldest Grand C'ampions of Urguan.. at least an Ire'eart won."

Edited by Legoboy7984

12 minutes ago, Legoboy7984 said:

Agnar Ireheart sighs as he was late to sign up for the tournament.

"If only I 'ad signed up in time... could've won... be one o' d'e oldest Grand C'ampions of Urguan.. at least an Ire'eart won."

Spoiler

Sadge