My Mayoral Farewell Address

Sander

q4gQXIyzWERegMs9_iAHPyUkUmZgMzlyh5fTywOOHBG_w2sR8FKQHGxwqtbjtUvVgVKyYCWj327I8frRdcb-uqx8WLEEqHfzAh9cOccWTSe5_9NTEHZiwjoSIaeQBp4JOvzBx9cS
My Mayoral Farewell Address

To my friends and fellow Haensemen,

The past six years of my life, I have devoted myself to the cause of being your Grand Maer. I have tried with utmost and honest effort, aided by many faithful brothers and sisters, to aspire to great feats and a worthy delivering. I realize, as does anyone at the end of all things, that it is not for me to judge if I achieved these goals. Though I do wish to allow myself the delight of satisfaction.

I say at the end of all things, for with this satisfaction has come the choice to end my Mayoral tenure with this upcoming election. I have done what was set out for me to do and walked this course these past six years with fulfillment. I shan’t be running for reelection, not out of a disenchantment with the role of being a public servant nor out of spite or other tantalizing thoughts of torment. I shan’t be running for reelection for I have played my part and the mantle of Maership is not mine to wear any longer.

Thus I write this letter as a farewell address not because I am going anywhere, for Haense is my home and her people my brethren whom I hold dear, but because the title of Maer shall be going elsewhere. And to whomever the honor to aspire to great feats and worthy delivering befalls next, I wish them fair tidings and hope to see they make the mayoral profession prosper within our lands into the years of our sons and their descendants.

Mistake me not however when I say that I as Maer, nor anyone else to whom the title should befall in the many years to come, work alone. A good Maer, in my definition shall forever not merely be a man of the people but a man with the people. Therefore I wish to thank Anders Kortrevich, Isabella Decaden, Raijen Stars, Erwin Bishop and Dame Tavisha var Ruthern. For without the aid, fortitude and diligence they brought to the table of the mayoral council, or the confidence they gave me in the Edlervik, the May Maership would not have walked nearly as long a length of the road.

I shall not deny to any man that as Maer I made errors, be it in the eyes of few or many, be they great or small, but I hope that with good faith, I shall be remembered for my successes and these errors shall be consigned to oblivion. For now I shall retire to the pursuits of diplomacy and scholarship - the subjects truly closest to my heart - which form desires I have neglected due to public service for far to long, and shall thus bring me great pleasure in taking up once more.

With admiration and satisfaction,
Your obedient servant,

Feodor A. May