NORTHWIND POST: Sports Special Report!

AstriaS

THE NORTHWIND POST

Sports Special Report

Dated 6th of the Deep Cold, Year 48 of the Second Age

A BIG WIN AND A SMALL LOSS

The first two weeks of the new season have been a trip for our boys on the court, starting off the season with a big victory over the Karosgrad Ravens, but following it up this past week with a narrow loss to the Providence Vigilants. Both games were fraught with accusations of misbehavior on both sides, though this reporter has been denied any comment from any players or coaches on any of these allegations. According to His Majesty, Coach Vane Freysson, however, this loss will not slow the Beserkers down, with the Coach going on to say in a statement, “[The Vigilants] played a good game, I’m not denying them that. But we’ll be stepping up our game next week for sure. I think we let ourselves get too confident after the Ravens game, and some of the new talent on the team let that go to their heads.” He then went on to reassure Beserkers fans that, “We’ll come back better next week, and that’s a promise.”

This promise comes shortly after the recruitment of some fresh blood to the team, as well as the recent rise of local business magnate, Velsyni Indoren, to part owner of the team, purchasing the quarter-share of the team previously owned by the late High Keeper, Alisa Camian. Quite what Miss Indoren’s influence on the business-end of things will bring to the team on the court, we do not yet know, but some speculate that she will be revitalizing and revamping the Beserkers’ merchandise line.

“I DID NOT HAVE ANY GREASE ON THAT BALL!” SAYS ALRIC EDVARDSSON

Controversy has surrounded the Beserkers’ number 12, Alric Edvardsson, after it is alleged that he was caught greasing the balls during the halftime intermission during this past week’s game against the Vigilants. Edvardsson, and the team as a whole, have wholeheartedly denied these claims, asserting that they were fabricated by the Monks to slander his name and sully his reputation as a player. Edvardsson went on to say in a statement to the Northwind Post, “I want to say one thing to the fans. I want you to listen to me. I did not have any interactions with that ball. I never told anyone to bring me any pig grease. Not a single time. Never. These allegations are false.” The press pool pressed the player for further comment, but he refused, saying in conclusion, “I need to go back to work for the next game.”

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: SKJORD SVARDSSEN!

In perhaps the most unexpected news of the season, Coach Freysson announced at the beginning of the season that he had recruited a Svarling warrior to the team. Donning the number 16 jersey, Svardssen confused onlookers and concerned many fans after his first game against the Ravens, in which he racked up four personal fouls in the first quarter of the game alone before being benched. Yet, the new face on the court made a comeback in this past week’s game against the Providence Vigilants, proving himself to be an effective defensive player. He has also been noted to have struck up a peculiar friendship with Lindhardt “Bucket King” Faretto, though neither elaborated on any details, with Faretto’s only comment being, “It was just surprising to meet someone with such a different worldview.” With the upcoming game against the Iron’Uzg Krugs, it will be most interesting indeed to see how our Svarling Star progresses. The Northwind Post has reached out to Svarling Warlord Zharrtýr Rykhässon for comment on the matter of this pickup, but he has yet to respond in an official capacity.

N_xzquc-2a3Hpj9Lfm0NimMOokIpvipaYex3sCA-WRGVi-AMeol51w4w3GezsVi525zJf8qrSzZWruBMgMYmdkYCcLYtzgSxqYb54iJ-iCvqEi6fTwgWoIfS560w2yjc97E2UIta

Sponsored Adverstisement

Alric quickly throws his Indoren Trading Co.™ Ball Grease® into the near by water before the interview.

"Me and my team would NEVER use Indoren Trading Co. ™ Ball Grease® in any circumstance. I have made my statement clear and the Monks have cleared me of all accusations of such conduct!"

Ragnvald Eiriksson Ruric could be seen jogging throughout Varhelm square in preparation for the next match. Rumor has it he was heard chanting as he ran.

"Berserkers ballin'...Berserkers ballin'..."

Aedan Faretto would continue to cheer on and support his younger brother, proud that he has proclaimed himself the king of making BUCKETS on these fools.

"Bring glory to the Fjordmenn, kinsman." Says Warlord Zharrtýr Rykhässon, not understanding even slightly how this so-called 'Bâesketböllr' works, and presuming it to be some sort of bloodsport.

5 minutes ago, DixieDemolisher said:

"Bring glory to the Fjordmenn, kinsman." Says Warlord Zharrtýr Rykhässon, not understanding even slightly how this so-called 'Bâesketböllr' works, and presuming it to be some sort of bloodsport.

"I believe it is a game of skill in which five men each from two warring tribes attempt to throw severed heads into baskets from afar." Vikne Kjeldsdóttir remarked to another Svarling who similarly was unfamiliar with this 'bâesketböllr'.

Vane sits at his desk, his morning Norlandic coffee and cocaine, a traditional Norlandic breakfast, and flexes the paper, crossing his leg over as he leans back reading the news "Too bad, the monks really have it out for our players huh." he says shaking his head taking a snort.