The Eternal Warden of Mahae

ImCookiie

Spoiler

YUEooSJ9awqtvxcBrChB_mi8SyCJo4_4UeKq74q9wHHV0LBZ4W5nvTQaAukdfRA1YBHKUECxlbE6j6OgyJeo8KR-88k1aQfMmc_szWtbl8vhhWGAeVUz9Dc7H06zYuLQU88CZujb

1g57tY35QZ1yKBGznTwSgLJI0x22A0JiBzSupR5GSFD7a6GqnHppEmHUqDXu4SpvdKcciV5uWOqFKEkBX0Fh2iWm1NwQGAz88WheWguuwdOmqglcu2DEJHwtEEVbw0zY_oHTQvys

{ Art by CaelGibran }

THE ETERNAL WARDEN OF MAHAE

An announcement to the Vale of Nevaehlen

Written by Laedrad, of the Tresery

13th of Malin's Welcome, Year 49 of the Second Age

“Horned King, I am not afraid...” He knelt to the ground, accompanied in the tales of monsters and goblins that riddled his thoughts for months. A silent, overbearing and colossal presence had settled alongside the Tresery, in his travels. He hadn’t felt the relentless damage of the sun for a while— but just as the climate changed, autumn approached and so did nature all around him.

And overhead, the ancient branches wept with him. The Horned King heard them groan and sigh, mumbling their profound heartache in time with his own quiet sobbing. He understood their cries, for the first time. The Lion bound himself to the Vale then and he knew what awaited him.

“Has our home been tainted? Has it been for centuries?” The Tresery announced to the few persons near him, unable to conceal the evident arrogance he had bound himself to. At that, he’d adorn a dulled expression. Laedrad shifted a singular index-finger to scratch at his exhausted features, dim circles appearing beneath his seclusion. “As our forebears did in the Unknown that came before, we now stand sentinel over Almaris. We await the next malignant forces that threaten our refuge. However, I cannot resist despair.”

“The Lioness taught me to fight— to defend our home, our honour. Our defeat is inevitable, from whatever font it seeps. Not now, not soon but it will come.” His form rests nestled between two gnarled roots and is rendered small in its titanic shadow. Other dread recollections appear and fade, not for the first time. As he wandered the depths of his meddled thoughts, he harboured hopeful quests centuries-old. “Now, I am alone.”

“ — And for centuries, a lineage that reigned superior from its origin has been in decline. As an infant, fleeing our home to Almaris, I sought a realm capable of protecting its own from the horrors of the world. Now, I understand we are its protectors and the fight is ours alone.” Laedrad had embarked on maddened rambling, as though all the unanswered questions of ancient things within his mind ached. Mahae  formed a terrible crescendo which could now never be ignored, despite the warnings that he’d hear new things. He hadn’t been prepared for the suffering of the realm itself.

“I am Laedrad. The Lion of the Vale. Eternal Warden of Mahae.” Hearing not a sound from the verdant forests in the aftermath of recent events both dire and traumatic, he hearkened back to better times of childhood and blissful ignorance, when life still blossomed in defiled Axios. The Lion had awaited this moment for centuries before him, to be a guardian. However, his expression darkened and a sigh escaped his lips. “ — Now, I am Chieftain of Tresery.” 

“ — I am Mahae. Our hearts beat in defiance to corruption.” After some time, Laedrad hid beneath the cool shade of a bestial mangrove tree, nestled into the coarse roots of nature. He carried nostalgic demeanour as often as he carried his spear, and longed for the mournful ghost to depart soon. He sighed, golden-orbs squinted at the sunset that beamed onto him with radiant warmth. He knew change was inbound and it’d begin with him.

Fvi4yIJOcIW16jVj8kl0a0LqhbV8X3NU3lSA_U5UXS4stpgP7PR9zzmZH2S4e8XFtodYvGWPBUU2sO4GZTkX-0aNxAE90WfzfNxqPop4DmSK7ohU8-lt-lCbgoDsXGHbqQFg-634

Spoiler

For more information regarding the Tresery bloodline, contact Tresery @ ImCookiie#9826.

Q0qZkDrwKwslZW5kfsbolLdfGfIoTCnE3cWWaX_NsQqXngGZw1e-Eub7zyRouFz5BIQfdvuZzckGnJwnAtuK7UHg5xyqjYubQT8mvaDEnMjobfzTHR7LBRe74SXhcXw5KVhl0uHC

The Chieftainess of Caerme'onn hears news of her good friend Laedrad taking claim to the Tresery seed. She sets out in search of the Lion, eager to see what prospect Mali'ame he had in mind to run through trials. 

Standing silently above the small settlement of the Vale, a figure armored in crimson would stare upon the self-proclaimed Lion that dared declare so boldly a title she had held time and time again. A bemused smirk would form upon the Treelord's lips. The Lioness finding herself still watching over the cub that she taught. "Self-discovery, Lion. Now stand proud and strong."  The Elder Tresery would murmur. The faintly crimson glow between the slits of the helm would flash a darker hue for all but a moment, before it fades back to its original state. With that, the armored figure releases an irritated growl before stepping back and vanishing into the shadows of the canopy. 

the-african-lioness-lkb-art-and-photography.jpg

An aged 'ame of stoic nature stood far from the gates of the Vale. A shrewd gaze cast upon the distant city as news of the proclamation had reached him.  Many thoughts coursed through the hardened wit of the elf; a chuckle betraying his typical vigilance.  "Pride too can be the folly of the Lion." He'd forewarn upon deaf ears, privy only to the fauna surrounding him. A breath of exasperation escaped from betwixt the bitter Elder's lips as conviction once more overtook him.  
"
So be it." 
He muttered to himself before trudging off in direction of the city gates.