[✗] Shepherds of Aeriel [Magic Lore]

Qizu

12 hours ago, Radzig said:

Feel like this needs a lot of reworking to read like proper magic lore, can't really tell what the intent is

Changes have been applied.

Edited by Vi

More ascendant magic has felt sorely needed and this has that non-generic vibe that I adore in a magic lore, big +1 

Go Ahead Reaction GIF

Godspeed to you, lads  - I hope this gets accepted and that you guys do better than what I did in the past. So do have fun with the lore and that you bring good RP to yourselves and others! +1.

I'm really glad to have seen such an interest taken in reviving the Ascended, in some form, in these past few months. As someone who spent upwards of 2+ years with Aeriel's lore and representing her through roleplay as an Ascended, this was a treat to be greeted with on a Sunday morning.

I agree that dark magic and dark CAs have really taken over the server post-Flamboyant's purge of deific magics, so I'd been really keen to see this progress and grow.

Best of luck to you! +1

Qizu Sent me this over discord, not gonna lie, its a really nice piece, my favorite was one of the tenants :D

+1 from me chaps

I never imagined anyone would touch upon Aeriel or something remotely similar to the Ascended ever again. I will admit that I had hoped no one would try to revamp the magic and would otherwise leave it to rest. But this is a different flavour of lore compared to what we former members of the Ascended used to run by, and that is probably for the best.

There is a lack of depth in some places, though I would say that is mostly due to the fact this is a new submission. In comparison, the previous lore had years to develop and many different contributors who came and went. Also, I will always prefer the old fire aesthetic, but water is not a bad alternative either, given the overuse of flames in general by various deity magics.

Overall, I feel indifferent on handing a verdict either way, but I wish you luck all the same.

only thing i gotta say without reading it thoroughly is that aeriel isnt the arch-aengul anymore.

11 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

only thing i gotta say without reading it thoroughly is that aeriel isnt the arch-aengul anymore.

Fixed within the lore piece!

Great piece, however I'd like to probe a bit. I'm getting a sense of disconnection between this magic and void magic. Why would the two be adverse to one another?

15 hours ago, Luxury said:

Great piece, however I'd like to probe a bit. I'm getting a sense of disconnection between this magic and void magic. Why would the two be adverse to one another?

Might be following precedence as Paladinism and Druidism is adverse/weakened to Void Magic as well. 

3 hours ago, Suicidium said:

Might be following precedence as Paladinism and Druidism is adverse/weakened to Void Magic as well. 

I understand druidism, as voidal taint is opposed to the Aspect's concept of natural harmony. I've only found adverse reactions between paladins and voidal creatures in the lore which makes perfect sense to me; but never magic bearing descendants. This piece appears to suppose that void mages have corrupted souls which I haven't seen mentioned in any Voidal lore thus far, which is the root of my inquiry.

edit*

I scanned some of the newer pieces related to Void Magic and found this one instance of a tainted soul, following the pursuance of this feat.

I appreciate your desire to create a following under Aeriel again. As someone who served as the leader of the Ascended on the server for quite some time, some of the most fun roleplay I had was acting on behalf of the covenant of the caretaker of souls. The prose within the piece of lore was decently done, and there are many unique takes on both adherence to the aengul herself, as well as the different powers bestowed in order to achieve the aims of the tenants. In the period I spent as both a loremaster and writer, I believe your submission is fairly adequate especially considering what help you must have received. There are some issues within the piece itself that I find directly to do with continuity, mostly in correlation with references such as the "aengul of ambition". In dichotomy to this however, faith was a nice touch considering it was one of the four original pillars in the trials of the Ascended, and keeps in line with the goals of the deity. All in all, I give this my support. I genuinely hope it works out for you and wish you luck. 

+1