XXXIV Session of Royal Duma

Office of the Lord Speaker

XXXIV SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

OFFICE OF THE ROYAL DUMA

Issues and Confirmed by His Majesty King Sigismund III

-Wd27_aZJ2W6y2kUs5RVJRJa_-Ywc5wRiUHoBQs1oKw1VjRzcLiOpL2cYUpFTHaB0wfTrLYYp_koag2b6gwL_mA3ZQTUG45dU6NcJp0vD9xL4c0j0BslJUqWii4zx41TOH5rekuV

16th of Vzmey and Hyff, 398

The XXXIV Session of the Royal Duma is hereby called into session by His Majesty, King Sigismund III of Hanseti-Ruska and the Aulic Government. 

Members of the Royal Duma shall include: 

1. Herzen Eirik Baruch @Gusano

2. Herzen Ailred Ruthern @biggestdon

3. Komit Johann Barclay @Frymark

4. Komit Vladrik Kortrevich @Endershadow292

5. Vikomit Isaak Amador @Pureimp10

6. Bossir Robert Ludovar @erictafoya

7. Bossir Sigmar Mondblume @AmazingAzura

8. Bossir Otto Morovar @Mio

10. Royal Alderman Viktor Barclay @Borin

11. Royal Alderman Dianna Decaden @DearConnorMurphy

12. Grand Maer Dracomir Rorikov @__DeusVult__

13. Lord Palatine Kaustantin Baruch @Herod

The aforementioned members of the Royal Duma are forthwith called upon to discuss nominations and appointments of the following positions prior to the first sitting, Tov and Yermey, 398 [7/11 (Sunday) 3PM EST], at which time voting shall be considered closed:

Lord Handler: serves as de-facto pro-tempore Speaker in the absence of Lord Herzen. The Lord Handler is the only other office within the chambers that may wield the Black Bulava. The Lord Handler shall be elected from among the representatives of the Royal Duma by the representatives and confirmed by the Herzen at the beginning of each term.

Members of the Royal Duma are invited to nominate themselves to this office and cordially debate other nominations by letter to the Lord Herzen. All members are asked to vote for any proposed officer.

[[ONLY TAGGED MEMBERS ABOVE ARE PERMITTED TO POST.]]

Edited by Office of the Lord Speaker

[!] A letter arrives at the desk of the Lord Speaker

"I nominate Dracomir Rorikov for the position of Lord Handler,

Yours, Alderman Viktor Barclay"

[!] Another letter found itself at the hands of the Lord Speaker, carrying the seal of House Barclay

''I nominate the Grand Maer, Dracomir Rorikov for the position of Lord Handler,

Signed,

The Right Honourable, Johann Barclay''

Edited by Frymark

[!] Yet another letter arrives at the desk of the Lord Speaker. 

"I nominate Grand Maer Dracomir Rorikov for the position of Lord Handler. Kind Regards, Alderman Dianna Decaden."

[!] A large eagle, resembling that of the eagle on the flag of Haenseti-Ruska, would drop a letter on the Lord Speakers head. It would read-

"Ea, Dracomir Emilen Rorikov, accept ve nomination dlum Herzen Handler, ag vote fer eav"

- Nod Grand Maer Rorikov

[!] A Noble Courier bearing the colors of House Ludovar would make his way towards the office of His Excellency, Rhys var Ruthern. The letter was penned directly from the Lord Handler's future Father-In-Law, Bossir Robert Aleksandr Ludovar.

"To my future son-in-law and the Lord Speaker, Rhys var Ruthern,

After six-years serving as Lord Handler, with five of those years serving with the late and great Duke Ruslan Baruch, and one with yourself, I have decided to retire my position as Lord Handler of the realm. With council from the House elder's, my trusted brother, and my ambitious heir, I have decided to cast my favor to the newly elected Grand Maer of Karsograd, Dracomir Emilen Rorikov. It is my hope and sincere belied that Grand Maer Rorikov will serve this position well if he is to be elected."

Signed,

His Lordship, Robert Aleksandr Ludovar, Baron of Otistadt, Lord of Kazstadt

{!}One of many letters arrive to the desk, it's stamp outlined the crest of Mondblume.              "I, Bossir Sigmar Mondblume, nominate Dracomir Rorikov for the grand position of Lord Handler.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Signed, Lord Sigmar Mondblume." 

[!] A simple letter bearing the sigil of the Duke of Valwyck.

"We opt to follow the rest of the desire of the Duma, and such vote for the Grand Maer.

-Eirik Baruch."

[!] The Lord Palatine writes a letter bearing his seal, he brings it to an underpaid Ayr Servant that delivers the letter to the Lord Speaker.

"As Representative of the Crown, I shall stay neutral during this vote and therefore, I abstain."

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 398 SITTING

OF THE XXXIV SESSION OF THE ROYAL DUMA

eBsIVCJCmaCqB72Shl_v9gg3zj4qTIElqnalIxHLve4Vx6ChRzCnar7UBxLOrmgs1RV1sj93WFNurUN2xayHr3wx7BQe6VaaIt2LNjXlNmsfIqAQWeKhvgiL83fjz62Z4w

From the Office of the Lord Speaker.

On this 5th of Tov and Yermey, 398 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderman Viktor Barclay

Royal Alderwoman Dianna Decaden

Grand Maer May

Lord Palatine Baruch

IN ABSENTIA

N/A

Rhys Ruthern: “Order! This sitting of the 5th of Yov and Termey 398 E.S session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall now come to order. Before we present our first Bill or proposal, we are happy to announce that Grand Maer Dracomir Rorikov has been unanimously voted for to be the Lord Handler of this session amongst those that voted. Alongside this, we have selected Viktor Barclay to serve as the Royal Inquisitor for this session should he accept.”

Viktor Barclay: “Uh, I accept!”

Rhys Ruthern: “Good. We will now be discussing the changes to the Jura I Krima, presented by Lord Palatine Baruch. The chair now calls upon Lord Palatine Baruch for their opening remarks.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Welcome, new faces and old ones. I come before you with another set of judicial reforms concerning the Jura I Krima, the Law of Crime. These reforms, which went via the Haurul Caezk's Committee and were approved of, are meant to make the Haurul Caezk more simple for the common man, along with necessary additions that define honor, to negate us from an Orenian Lawcode into a true Highlander Haeseni One. That is all, Laird Speaker.”

Rhys Ruthern: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Eirik Baruch: “I would just like to add, as Head of the Committee, that the feedback given through the Committee was immensely positive, and that we have already made amendments to fit with the Committee's feedback, and hope that' the Duma can see the righteous and just nature of' the development of these changes.”

Joren Ruthern: “I am particularly fond of the font.”

Dianna Decaden: “Though I agree with most things, certain things look odd to me. According to this law, a 13 year old can murder, thief or commit other crimes as they please. With no punishment, let alone no repayment for the family of the victim of one of these crimes.”

Eirik Baruch: “It would not be honourable to' punish a child according to the law by means of fine, imprisonment, or execution, Royal Alderwoman. They should not be punished like that, it is simply unjust.”

Viktor Barclay: “I see no reason for those 13 and under not to be able to commit crimes! What's the point of being a child if you may not also be a mass murderer? Oh, what the Baruch said.”

Dianna Decaden: “The same goes for people unsound of mind. I understand it would be cruel to lock them up in a dungeon, but letting them roam the streets free of some sort of punishment or atonement for the family. They are dangerous, to themselves and others.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Unsound of the mind, do you mean the simple minded people?”

Joren Ruthern: “I'd say lower it to twelve. We are all aware that children sneak into the military as it stands.”

Johann Ludovar: “I would even say ten.”

Eirik Baruch: “There is a difference between punishing people and taking precautions against them, Royal Alderwoman. The law still allows for precautions against people who can not be punished, it just does not allow for punishment.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Could not have said that better.”

Eirik Baruch: “You must understand the crucial principle that punishment is reserved for people who can honourably be punished.”

Joren Ruthern: “Kill or be killed, da?”

Eleanora Amador: “Alderwoman, people cannot be held responsible for actions they do not understand. Yam sure you would not want your own children, should vy have any in the future, to be punished for a crime they do not even understand was wrong.”

Joren Ruthern: “If a twelve year old can sneak into the military, sign up to kill a troll or something of the matter, they are surely old enough to feel the full weight of the law.”

Johann Ludovar: “We should at least have a law mentioning what we should do in such a situation, not just what we will not.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “I agree with Alderwoman Decaden. I have been assaulted by children before! They are dangerous little rascals!”

Joren Ruthern: “Yes, yes. Kill all the little rascals.”

Eleanora Amador: “But surely, Grand Maer, such behavior is the fault of the parents, nie?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Indeed it is, yet I was nearly killed once by a fatherless orphan.”

Dracomir Rorikov:“Parents’ fault or niet- I don't want to be stabbed by runts”

Eirik Baruch: “Lord Ludovar, if you have not noticed, none of the specific laws actually state what to do in any circumstance. We are trying to create a new justice system t' be rebuilt on precedents from actual execution of the law, rather from a think tank like they do in Oren.”

Dianna Decaden: “I understand, Representative Amador. However, if your child were to get badly hurt by another, would you not want retribution for your child? Children can be malicious, they are not all angels like we wish to believe.”

Eirik Baruch: “And as stated previously, the law still allows fer precautions against children, just not a legal punishment. Ye seem to fail to realise that action will still be taken, but it is absolutely dishonourable to execute or lock up a child.”

Joren Ruthern: “I agree, I change my opinion. Some punishment will be administered, just not actual child killing.”

Eleanora Amador: “I would niet want the child to suffer unjustly. There is a difference, Alderwoman. No child should be held accountable to such a degree wherein they might have their lives cut short. I would want the parents punished for their absolute failure.”

Joren Ruthern: “One shudders to imagine… A king whipping a child or something of that manner. Who would do that?”

Rhys Ruthern: “Does that ease your concerns, Royal Alderwoman Decaden and Representative Ludovar?”

Johann Ludovar: “Yes. I did not mean to state the punishment, all I meant was that if they are guilty they should be punished. We already had the discussion about the dishonour in the committee and I agreed. But we should state that there will be consequences, not necessarily a punishment.”

Eirik Baruch: “It does not need to be stated. This relates entirely to crimes that people can be held accountable for.”

Eleanora Amador: “I tend to agree with Duke Baruch.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “What about parentless children Representative Amador?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “They are held accountable via the Judicial Court, not via a think tank.”

Eirik Baruch: “Whether it is the parents or the child that is to blame will depend entirely on a concrete review of the given situation.”

Dianna Decaden: “Of Course no child should be executed. But I must agree with Representative Ludovar. Currently it says they could not be held accountable for anything, hence giving them consequences would be unjust.”

Eleanora Amador: “A child is still a child, Grand Maer, parents or no. If they have no guardian, of course they must be punished, just as the children with parents should be. But that does not mean they should die for not knowing better.”

Johann Ludovar: “Well, I am not as concerned as Alderwoman Decaden as I did trust your words during our previous discussion, so I choose to respect the opinions that were brought up here.”

Joren Ruthern: “Just because it is not in the law, does not mean something is not done.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “I agree with Lord Baruch.”

Eirik Baruch: “It says they shall be free from punishment, not that action won't be taken, not that they can not be held accountable, but that they shall be free from punishment. Accountability is entirely up to the Justiciar and the Jovenaar.”

Joren Ruthern: “I motion to vote.”

Eleanora Amador: “Seconded.”

Johann Ludovar: “Third.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Yes, me too.”

Rhys Ruthern: “Does anyone have any other issues with any other part of the proposed changes?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “No.”

Rhys Ruthern: “No? Good. We will now proceed to a vote on the proposed changes to the Jura I 

Changes to the Jura I Krima Proposal

By The Crown

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

Grand Maer Dracomir Rorikov

Lord Palatine Baruch

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

N/A

The changes to the Jura I Krima proposal has passed through the Royal Duma.

Rhys Ruthern: “We will now be discussing additions to the Order of Queen Maya and the Lily, presented by Lord Palatine Baruch. The chair calls upon Lord Palatine Baruch to give his opening remarks.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Hello again. Many of your faces are ones that I spotted during the Royal Court of 398, during which our Laird Marshal, Duke Ailred var Ruthern, retired from his posts after twenty years. His Grace has served the Kongzem dutifully during those twenty years, during which he led the Brotherhood to win a war against the now corrected High Elves of the Silver State. Therefore, His Majesty and I, nominate him for the Order of Maya and Lily, personally, I think he should be made Valtakossar, yet I extended the decision to vy. The dearest representatives of the People and Nobility. That is all, Laird Speaker.”

Eirik Baruch: “Cool beans.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “The f*ck is a Valtakossar?”

Joren Ruthern: “Motion to vote.”

Viktor Barclay: “I'd argue that the Brotherhood played little role in deciding the Haelunor conflict. More so a diplomatic victory. Not a Valtakossar, lesser, otherwise I have no qualm.”

Rhys Ruthern: “Motion denied.”

Joren Ruthern: “Who else are Valtakossar?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Manfred Barclay and Terrence May.”

Joren Ruthern: “And what is the one below that?”

Rhys Ruthern: “Hauchkossar.”

Joren Ruthern: “And who is in that rank?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Erwin Barclay, Konstantin Wick. Errr...”

Eirik Baruch: “Lauritz Christiansen!”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Celestine Herbert.”

Viktor Barclay: “Not Valtakossar. I agree with him being welcomed into the Order of the Maya and Lily, as is tradition, it seems, for those who serve as Lord Marshal, but I'd argue he's more in line for Hauchkossar, or lesser.”

Joren Ruthern: “All equally valuable members. I would personally argue still though that Manfred was in a golden age, whilst we did not declare war. We were feared, this is the greatest extent of our military strength.”

• Ailred Ruthern calls out from the gallery

Ailred Ruthern: “Let me take the head of a proper war upon the battlefield, and put me forth for the highest honour, no? I would not want it otherwise.”

Joren Ruthern: “I relinquish my claim then, and agree to the motion of Hauchkossar.”

Johann Ludovar: “I motion to vote.”

Eleanora Amador: “I motion to vote.”

Viktor Barclay: “Which did Friedrich Barclay get?”

Eleanora Amador: “Well then. Seconded.”

Rhys Ruthern: “Do any others have an issue with Ailred var Ruthern being anointed a Hauchkossar?”

Joren Ruthern: “The lowest I imagine.”

Rhys Ruthern: “Friedrich Barclay was made a Kossar upon his retirement.”

Viktor Barclay: “I'd sooner place the former Lord Marshal there, then, to be frank. But this is a democratic body.”

Joren Ruthern: “I disagree.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I disagree too.”

Viktor Barclay: “As is fine. A democratic body, I am outvoted.”

Eleanora Amador: “I, again, motion to vote.”

Johann Ludovar: “I second.”

Dianna Decaden: “Third.”

Eirik Baruch: “I fourth.”

Viktor Barclay: “Fifth.”

Rhys Ruthern: “We will now proceed to the vote on whether Ser Ailred var Ruthern should be made a Hauchkossar.”

Ailred var Ruthern’s admission to the Order of Queen Maya and the Lily as Hauchkossar

By The Crown

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

Lord Palatine Baruch

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

Grand Maer Dracomir Rorikov

ABSENT

N/A

The proposal that Ailred var Ruthern be made a hauchkossar has passed through the Royal Duma.

Rhys Ruthern: “Now! Does anyone else have something they wish to present or debate at this sitting of the Royal Duma?”

Joren Ruthern: “I did have a question for the Crown.”

Rhys Ruthern: “Do you accept on behalf of the Crown, Lord Palatine Baruch?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Da.”

Joren Ruthern: “What matters was brought up concerning the investigation into the attempted assassination of the Baron, now Marquis of Myrine? Did the knights investigate this apparent claim that Elysium made this assassination?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Interesting question, Joren. As of now, I do believe our Knight, Dame Lynette, is still investigating, however, Elysium has denied the notion that they are responsible. I do know however, that our good friend, Cyrus, is alive. Or rather, his new name, Balthazar II.”

Joren Ruthern: “Yes. Thank you. I saw him elevated in Savoy personally. I furthermore would ask another question on that of the Royal Inquisitor to question an Aulic councillor and announce it for the next session, so we might begin to form questions now.”

Viktor Barclay: “I'm thinking about who needs to be enquired of, Lord Ruthern, at this very moment!”

Joren Ruthern: “If I may make a suggestion?”

Viktor Barclay: “Of course, I do not have an office, so now is the best time!”

Joren Ruthern: “The war with the Elves is done. We are now at an impasse for starting a new foreign policy, creating new friends and evaluating our current friendships. I might suggest to call the new Envoy as to ask about where we are going next.”

Viktor Barclay: “Indeed, a good inquiry to make, especially with a new Aulic Envoy. New Envoy, new policy! So be it, for the next session. If you have any questions for the Aulic Envoy, let me know. He shall be summoned to answer them before the Duma next session.”

Rhys Ruthern: “If there is nothing else to be brought up...? Duma is hereby dismissed!”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 399 SITTING

eBsIVCJCmaCqB72Shl_v9gg3zj4qTIElqnalIxHLve4Vx6ChRzCnar7UBxLOrmgs1RV1sj93WFNurUN2xayHr3wx7BQe6VaaIt2LNjXlNmsfIqAQWeKhvgiL83fjz62Z4w

On this 5th of Tov and Yermey, 399 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderman Barclay

Royal Alderwoman Decaden

Grand Maer Rorikov

Lord Palatine Baruch

IN ABSENTIA

Komit Kortrevich

Bossir Mondblume

Rhys var Ruthern: “Order! This sitting of this 5th of Tov and Yermeny 399 E.S session of his Majesty's Royal Duma shall now come to order. Quorum has been achieved and the sitting shall now begin. We will now be discussing the proposed changes to the Jura I Kongzem, presented by Lord Palatine Baruch. The chair now calls upon Lord Palatine Baruch to give their opening remarks.”

Todd McTodd: “Everyone got a bill?”

Isaak Amador: “Nie. I didn't get one.”

Todd McTodd: “Oh sorry.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Prevja all, such a nice summer. Ea open this Royal Duma with the introduction of a new Haurul Caezk reform bill that passed through our dear Committee to review it, headed by the Duke of Valwyck. Sorreh- Well, the Law of the Kingdom is the most basic document to signify hierarchy, positions and offices. Ea invite err… Todd McTodd, to further enlight vy all with this new reform bill.”

Todd McTodd: “Hello! I'm here on behalf of the Duke of Valwyck.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Wait. Ea have to stop Duma fer a moment. A round of applause to the Karosgrad Crows, who crushed the Providence Vigilants.”

Todd McTodd: “The commission has gone over this work and reforms to the Jura I Kongzem, and amended it appropriately to the desires of the Commission, in the cases where an agreement could be made, or the Crown-.”

Viktor Barclay: “**** THE WIG PEOPLE. **** 'EM.”

Todd McTodd: “LET'S ******* GOOOOOOOOOOO. Anyway.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Order! Continue, Firr McTodd.”

Todd McTodd: “Where there were disagreements between the Crown and the Commission, the Crown has done it's best to explain it's reasonings to the commission and why it has chosen to stuck it's initial result. This is the work of the Crown and the Commission, and we for a swift conclusion to this vote. Oh, wait. It says signed by Eirik Baruch, Duke of Valwyck, but I'm not sure I'm supposed to say that? Lord Palatine, do you think Lord Baruch intended for me to read that part? His signature?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Nie. Are vy quite done now, Firr McTodd?”

Todd McTodd: “I'm not used to all this big Duma stuff I get paid five mina a year for construction work, can barely feed my wife and children, and suffer from great back ache. Oh. Yes.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Isaak Amador: “Is there even a reason to debate this? If the Crown wants it, the Crown will get it.”

Todd McTodd: “No, not really.”

Isaak Amador: “Motion to vote.”

Todd McTodd: “Well. Not in that regard but yes! Seconded!”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Does anyone have any concerns to raise on the matter before the motion is accepted?”

Robert Ludovar: “I do.”

Viktor Barclay: “Eh, I think it's important that the duma knows what's going on and can offer its opinion on it when necessary, but it isn't necessary to debate this, really. Unless.”

Otto August: “Is all of this really necessary? Like the bit about the queens council? Hear hear! Get rid.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “The Queen's council is merely ceremonial, my friends. There is nie need to remove it.”

Todd McTodd: “The Queen's Council is included as an extension of the Crown's powers, just like any other extension of it's powers are, in that regard.”

Robert Ludovar: “Section IX, I believe that it should also include that no other army shall operate within the lands. A small suggestion, as vy just need to change it to 'Nie other army shall stand, operate, or recruit without the assent of the Crown.'.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “An interesting suggestion, Lord Ludovar.”

Viktor Barclay: “But what powers do the Queen's Council actually have?”

Todd McTodd: “Does stand not mean operate?”

Joren Ruthern: “To stand is to operate, niet?”

Todd McTodd: “If you cannot stand, then surely you cannot operate.”

Robert Ludovar: “To stand can mean multiple things.”

Todd McTodd: “A standing army cannot operate without standing. That is how armies work, Lord Ludovar.”

Klaus Barclay: “Doesn't stand mean to nicht be crippled?”

Todd McTodd: “I thank GOD that Lord Barclay is Lord Marshal.”

Robert Ludovar: “It can mean to mobilize, stay, or simply exist.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “It means deployed.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Quiet in the stands please.”

Joren Ruthern: “So what you're saying is, there is no reason to change it. Let's move on.”

Robert Ludovar: “It's simply a clarification.”

Viktor Barclay: “Who cares if the Crown doesn't like an armed group in the Kingdom he can order them killed.”

Todd McTodd: “Factual.”

Robert Ludovar: “I have another change to suggest.”

Viktor Barclay: “On the Queen's Council, for what do they need crown authority?”

Robert Ludovar: “Section XII, Trial by Combat. I am a firm believer in the rights of Nobility, and therefore I believe the Noble class should be able to choose a champion, while the Commoner class shall fight for themselves.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “For their powers to organize and create social life, Viktor.”

Viktor Barclay: “The Queen inherently has the authority to do that already, doesn't need to be in the law.”

Todd McTodd: “Alderman Barclay, the Queen's Council cannot make changes to our court, nor publish anything, on behalf of the Crown, without the right authority.”

Viktor Barclay: “If she wishes it be done it can be done.”

Isaak Amador: “Trial by combat a bit fucked if you ask me. Can get away with anything if you're good with a sword.”

Joren Ruthern: “I agree, but instead suggest that such duels can only occur by the nobility. It is a sacred act of ceremony, niet a blood sport that the commoners would surely make it into.”

Todd McTodd: “Lord Ludovar, Section XII has no implications about whether one can choose a champion or not, so I see not why you would want it amended? Both parties would have to agree, anyhow.”

Robert Ludovar: “I can concur with Lord Joren Ruthern's compromise. Then add such implication, Mister McTodd.”

Todd McTodd: “It is not necessary.”

Robert Ludovar: “That was my suggestion in the first place.”

Todd McTodd: “Adding so much for the sake of adding it is the reason our law code is as bloated as it is.”

Otto August: “Should it not be written that Trial by Plea is by default and the other trials are only doable with consent of both parties?”

Todd McTodd: “Lord Morovar. It says that.”

Otto August: “I need glasses then, can you tell me what line?”

Todd McTodd: “Have you read the Section? Please, re-read it.”

Johann Barclay: “My apologies Lord Speaker, ich must depart for uh.. Brotherhood stuff. Klaus Barclay shall represent Barclay.”

Klaus Barclay: “Piss.”

Todd McTodd: “It is the line regarding a Trial of Plea, Lord Morovar. And this shall be the default form of trial where parties cannot agree on another form,'.”

Joren Ruthern: “Ensure that duels do not go to the dogs, GOD save us.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “What do vy mean by that, Ruthern?”

Otto August: “It must be that whoever wrote this wrote it so incredibly small and horrid.”

Robert Ludovar: “Or that a nobleman is able to use his influence or wealth to hire a champion in his stead.”

Otto August: “Worst formatted document I've read..”

Todd McTodd: “Lord Ludovar, I do believe that it is more fitting that actual execution of these laws set precedents in regards to champions, and all such.”

Joren Ruthern: “I have already stated what I meant.”

Klaus Barclay: “By dein logic, Bossir Ludovar, ein rich noble can just hire the Marian Menace ast ein champion every time he wants to do ein crime.”

Joren Ruthern: “No commoners allowed for duelling. It is a sacred process of the nobility.”

Robert Ludovar: “I believe he is referring to the Commoner Class.”

Todd McTodd: “We are changing from a law code that is very explicit and very regulated to one that is less so, for that very purpose.”

Todd McTodd: “Well, Lord Ruthern, it comes upon agreeing, then, no? It is the High Justiciar that has to agree to a Trial by Combat.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Todd is right indeed, we've all agreed to make the law code less Orenian.”

Todd McTodd: “He could simply disagree if a Commoner wished for one, and set the precedent that way.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Da, it is common sense that Noble Lords are not held to duel men lower in hierarchy by them. For that reason a pissboy orphan can nie duel a Royal. It's addressed by the mind, rather by the need of the paper, we're nie Orenians.”

Joren Ruthern: “So long as the high Justiciar is niet an idiot then, Valwyck Construction worker? I do niet know if I can trust such. I agree.”

Todd McTodd: “You would have to trust the King to not pick an idiot for his High Justiciar, then. Or perhaps write an essay about this to push the precedent upon the High Justiciar.”

Dianna Decaden: “Do you question our King, Sir McTodd?”

Todd McTodd: “Setting precedents is better for our law code as a whole. Rather than legislating every little thing.”

Robert Ludovar: “Yam more than glad to aid in such an essay, as the right of nobility has been ignored for decades.”

Todd McTodd: “And this seems like a matter best suited for a precedent than a law.”

Joren Ruthern: “I will settle as I would rather speak about something more.”

Robert Ludovar: “Da, let's move on.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Ea motion to vote.”

Todd McTodd: “I second.”

Joren Ruthern: “We must pray to GOD that the Justiciar is niet a dunce.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “This Duma is emptying rather quickly.”

Viktor Barclay: “I third.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Motion accepted. We shall now vote on the proposed changes to the Jura I Kongzem.”

Changes to the Jura I Kongzem Proposal

By The Crown

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderman Barclay

Royal Alderwoman Decaden

Lord Palatine Baruch

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

Grand Maer Rorikov

ABSENT

Komit Kortrevich

Bossir Mondblume

The changes to the Jura I Krima proposal has passed through the Royal Duma.

Rhys var Ruthern: “We will now be discussing, and then voting, on nominations for the role of Jovenaar, presented to the Royal Duma by Lord Palatine Baruch.”

Viktor Barclay: “He's awfully busy these days.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The chair now calls upon Lord Palatine Baruch to give their opening remarks.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Prevja prevja. As many of vy know, most of the jovenaars of yore were terminated of their duty following our new reforms to the Law code. It has befallen me to choose new Jovenaars fer the Aulic Court and in true democratic procession, ea will give that power to the Royal Duma. Ea shall introduce our first nominee, Johann Ludovar, heir to the Barony of Otistadt. Say some words about vyr experience with law to the Royal Duma, BOY.”

Viktor Barclay: “Wake up Rorikov, somebody, Decaden, smack him around the head. Kick him. Harder woman, thwack him.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Eh?”

Viktor Barclay: “Behead him, and we can get a new maer, a new Lord Handler. If we hear but one more snore from him.”

Johann Ludovar: “Privej. As vy might know, yam Johann Ludovar. Yam the heir to mea family, which made it mea responsibility to study the law and ea even represented mea family in the Duma a few times” he looked around again trying to catch everyone's eyes “Yam a man of justice and ea take the law in every seriousness possible. Ea even joined the committee which brought vy the recent bills. Ea devoted meaself for studying to topic and will devote meaself to better it everyday.”

Otto August: “Would the to-be-lord be terminated upon taking up the title?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “He will niet.”

Otto August: “Ah. Very well.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Are there any other questions for Lord Johann?”

Viktor Barclay: “How many Jovenaars must be elect this session, how many candidates are being put before us?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Four candidates.”

Robert Ludovar: “Vy understand that vy can niet represent our family in Duma if vy take this on, da?”

Todd McTodd: “If you are to inherit your House, and a Jovenaar cannot sit on the Duma. That means you will be required to either resign your position, or appoint a representative for all Duma sessions, right?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Ea see vyr eager fer vyr question run, Inquisitor.”

Viktor Barclay: “I'm always eager, Lord Palatine.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Da, it does, Todd McTodd.”

Todd McTodd: “And you will be sending a representative then?”

Johann Ludovar: “That is right.”

Todd McTodd: “Could I perhaps advise you to run local elections, as Ruslan Baruch did in Valwyck?”

Otto August: “Do vy niet think it's unwise to have Lords be disallowed to sit on the duma- which is an advisory body- because of their government position?”

Todd McTodd: “Certainly they are allowed to advise from their government position, no?”

Otto August: “Or would the rule be waved for important matters- like discussion of war. Otherwise the Lord would have to resign for a singular session.”

Johann Ludovar: “Yam niet planning to appoint a representative.”

Todd McTodd: “So you will both be a Jovenaar and attend Duma? Or will you resign as a Jovenaar, when you inherit?”

Joren Ruthern: “Or will vyr papej just… Lead forever?”

Todd McTodd: “I forgot he had a father, to be honest.”

Viktor Barclay: “I see little reason why he can't attend both duma and serve as a Jovenaar. He'll probably not have much Jovenaar'ing to do, based on current crime figures.”

Johann Ludovar: “Yam niet planning on breaking the law, as a man of law. Yam planning to invest meaself in the office, and when ea can nie longer serve as a jovenaar, ea will seek another position in the Justiciar office. If given the chance, ea would even aim to be the Justiciar himself one day.”

Todd McTodd: “Good plan.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Ea motion to vote.”

Robert Ludovar: “I second.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Motion accepted.”

Royal Duma on Johann Ludovar’s Nomination for Jovenaar

By The Crown

AYE

Komit Barclay

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderman Barclay

Royal Alderwoman Decaden

Grand Maer Rorikov

Lord Palatine Baruch

NAY

Herzen Ruthern

ABSTAIN

Herzen Baruch

Bossir Ludovar

ABSENT

Komit Kortrevich

Bossir Mondblume

The proposal that Johann Ludovar be made a jovenaar has passed through the Royal Duma.

Kaustantin Baruch: “The next nominee is ah… Margot Sofiya Baruch.”

Viktor Barclay: “No.”

Robert Ludovar: “How old is she?”

Todd McTodd: “Motion to vote.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “How old are vy, Margot?”

Margot Baruch: “Ah'm sixteen.”

Viktor Barclay: “She's 16 with no experience whatsoever. I vote no.”

Robert Ludovar: “Nie. My son at least has experience.”

Margot Baruch: “Actually ah have jus' abou' the same experience as Laird Ludovar.”

Isaak Amador: “It's a nie from me.”

Robert Ludovar: “Make vyr case and be quick about it.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Margot was mea dear ward fer many years, she has done dobry work in mea office, along with the one of the Envoy. Well, she has experience with the law code, being part of the Committee to review the Haurul Caezk. Ea motion to vote her as well.”

Joren Ruthern: “Go on then, keep chatting shit Palatine! Talk bad of my mother.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Order! Show Lady Margot the same respect vy did Lord Johann and let her speak.”

Dianna Decaden: “Now all, we must give her the same time and respect as we showed the young Lord Ludovar.”

Todd McTodd: “She does participate actively in the Committee, yes! She's one of the most active members of it, actually!”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Duma ist nie place for children”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Ea was joking… Ruthern. . . .”

Robert Ludovar: “She's legally an adult, actually.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Da, she is.”

Feodor May: “Duma is nie place for slumber”

Viktor Barclay: “Mister May.”

Margot Baruch: “Like Laird Ludovar, ah am also on the committee fer reviewin' the new law changes and sharin' ma opinion. Ah am also a ward under the Palatine, Justiciar, an' now have been appointed as Ambassador t' Oren due t' m a hard work in the envoy office.” She stated. “Also, ah have had a dobry education throughout ma life as ma papej had instructed me and ma siblin' t' have.”

Joren Ruthern: “I am only needing a reason!”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Nie in mea book”

Viktor Barclay: “You're here to answer questions, remember you're not a duma member anymore.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Aulic Envoy, vy are here niet as a member of the Royal Duma.”

Viktor Barclay: “Pipe down.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “That means shut up.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Order. Ea motion to vote.”

Todd McTodd: “Seconded.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Motion accepted.”

Royal Duma on Margot Baruch’s Nomination for Jovenaar

By The Crown

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Grand Maer Rorikov

Lord Palatine Baruch

NAY

Komit Barclay

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Royal Alderman Barclay

Royal Alderwoman Decaden

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Komit Kortrevich

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

The proposal that Margot Baruch be made a jovenaar has not passed through the Royal Duma.

Rhys var Ruthern: “Any more nominations, Lord Palatine?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Da.”

Viktor Barclay: “Two more apparently.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “The President of the NGS, Otto Wittenbach, who is niet here.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “If they are niet here Lord Palatine, yam scheduling the votes for them for next sitting.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Alright. Last one is errr…. Isaak Amador. The bald ape of Aurveldt.”

Isaak Amador: “Should I stand up?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Da. State who vy are.”

Isaak Amador: “Many of vy know me and have served with me in this Duma, but for those who haven't, I am Viscount Isaak Amador. My specific work with the law has been mainly in writing it through bills here in Duma, though that was before these new changes were made to it and the old HC was scrapped. My grandfather was Aldrik Baruch, who many of vy might know through his firm Better Bird Baruch. But I believe my best trait is that I stick to my principles and say things as I see them.”

Viktor Barclay: “Do you Lord Amador solemnly promise to work your hardest in your duty as Jovenaar should you be accepted?”

Isaak Amador: “Da, of course.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Please refrain from voting before I ask.”

Isaak Amador: “Those of vy who've seen me in Duma know I say when I think something is unjust or when something is fair, and I think those traits make me well qualified to be a Jovenaar. Okay I'm done I won't take any more time.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “We will proceed to vote, just as before and without people shouting over one another - does anyone else vote nie or abstain?”

Todd McTodd: “No, I cannot vote for a man that believes his principles should come over the law, which is what I believe that Lord Amador was implying.”

Isaak Amador: “Niet the point I was making is that I speak things as I see them.”

Royal Duma on Isaak Amador’s Nomination for Jovenaar

By The Crown

AYE

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderman Barclay

Royal Alderwoman Decaden

Grand Maer Rorikov

NAY

Herzen Baruch

Lord Palatine Baruch

ABSTAIN

Bossir Ludovar

ABSENT

Komit Kortrevich

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

The proposal that Isaak Amador be made a jovenaar has passed through the Royal Duma.

Rhys var Ruthern: “Now! Are there any other pressing issues to be raised that can niet wait until the next sitting?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Ea'll inauguarate them next session.”

Dianna Decaden: “No Lord Speaker.”

Viktor Barclay: “Can question Mister May NEXT session. Or maybe the session after that, we'll have to invite him to the next session anyway to make sure he's here if we have the time to do so.”

Margot Baruch: “Ah'm pissed.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Duma dismissed.”

Edited by Office of the Lord Speaker

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 400 SITTING

image.thumb.png.5991166176077ef45df8bc785e0f77ac.png

On this 5th of Tov and Yermey, 400 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderman Barclay

Grand Maer Rorikov

Lord Palatine Baruch

IN ABSENTIA

Grand Alderwoman Decaden

Rhys Ruthern: “Order! This sitting of this 5th of Tov and Yermey 400 E.S session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall now come to order! The chair shall now call roll- NIE FIGHTING!”

Joren Ruthern: “He was trying to touch me, Lord Speaker.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Ea have serious doubt somebody would want to touch vy.”

Eirik Baruch: “Ah was niet.”

Rhys Ruthern: “Acceptable, though nie more hitting and nie more heavy petting Duke Baruch. Back to roll. Quorum has been achieved and the sitting shall now begin. We now call upon the Aulic Envoy, Feodor May, to present himself for initial questioning by the Royal Inquisitor. Vyr Excellency, if vy would stand at the front of the hall.”

Viktor Barclay: “I don't have too many questions of my own, Mister May, as Joren Ruthern himself has quite keenly notified me of his intentions and laid out several points in a missive some time ago. However, I won't leave you unquestioned. Can the duma expect, say, triennial updates on foreign policy? I feel this is important as we, the duma, are charged with representing the nobility and the common folk, who bear the burden of fighting conflicts-. That come as a result of foreign policy, and as we are charged with debating and offering our opinion on wars and other matters of state, and are supposedly meant to have a role in ratifying treaties.”

Robert Ludovar: “Szam for my lateness, Vyr Excellency.”

Feodor May: “I agree with the Alderman's notion that it might be beneficial for the Duma to be given these so called triennial updates on our foreign affairs.”

Viktor Barclay: “You will deliver these in as full as you can, correct, so they might be debated on and the duma may offer its invaluable opinion?”

Feodor May: “I think it might be very useful as of course it is the Duma is instrumental in representing the nobility and people of our realm. I am however unsure of how useful a triennial update will be. It shall however be looked into, I think that is a dobry, very dobry question Alderman.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Inquisitor.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Da, ea will need a decade to give any updates on ve Iron'uzg. Skukeing slow orcs.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “The Royal Duma possess the power to ratify or deny Aulic Foreign Treaties, will that be on the agenda under vyr watch as Inquistor?”

Feodor May: “Like the Alderman who is also an Ambassador said, the regularity of these reports or updates is a relevant matter, it'll be looked into.”

Rhys Ruthern: “The floor has not been opened to questions, Lord Palatine Baruch. The Inquisitor is to be uninterrupted until he is finished.”

Viktor Barclay: “Good, good. It's fine, I'll answer. Indeed, I am expecting the crown to honour the duma's right to offer opinion on and ratify future treaties. And I expect my fellow duma colleagues to embrace that right with both hands and feet. Now, Mister May, what is the purpose of the Haeseni embassy in Providence? Is it used? Would it be worth opening other such things in other cities of close foreign allies, such as Savoy and their folk of Myrine?”

Feodor May: “With all due respect, ea do niet think any of our right honourable members would seek to lower themselves to such barbarism as to embrace anything but the ground on which they stand, Alderman. With their feet, that is.”

Viktor Barclay: “Answer the bloody question we're not here to joke.”

Feodor May: “The embassy in Oren is part of our treaty with the Empire, I'm sure vy'd have known that if vy had better prepared vyr questions, Inquisitor. The treaty we've had with Oren for years now and that has been reaffirmed includes the provision that. The signatories have the right to an embassy in either capital. This is the treaty I inherited from my predecessor.”

Viktor Barclay: “Is it used. Is it useful.”

Feodor May: “The Orenians have been so thoughtful as to provide us with an embassy despite us rarely using it. We do niet provide the Orenians with an embassy of their own because they have niet asked for it. Be not afraid however, we pay no taxes or anything of the sort to have the embassy in Providence at our disposal.”

Rhys Ruthern: “Vy have one more question, Royal Inquisitor, before ea open the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Viktor Barclay: “You've atleast slightly touched on my question, Mister May, despite the rudeness. Thank you.”

Feodor May: “I answered your question, did I not? I said that it is rarely used. Though I might add.”

Joren Ruthern: “Incorrect! My papej lived there for years, rent free!”

Feodor May: “That our ambassador to Oren stays there when in Providence if she does so desire. See?”

Rhys Ruthern: “Order!”

Viktor Barclay: “In light of the end of our conflict with Haelun'or, what is the Crown's stance on returning to a state of conflict should a pro-Azdrazi faction return to power? Would the Crown be willing to enter armed conflict with an Azdrazi supporting, or Azdrazi supported state?”

Feodor May: “We shall decide a course of action on such trials and tribulations should they arise, which is not of the greatest concern.”

Viktor Barclay: “Fine, I relinquish my time”

Feodor May: “I do believe the Inquisitor should rather be more concerned about the threat posed by the Voidal Tear.”

Rhys Ruthern: “That's all vyr questions, Royal Inquisitor. The floor now opens for unmoderated debate.”

Feodor May: “Rather than these dragonfolk.”

Eirik Baruch: “Wha' exactly are we… debatin', Lord Speaker?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Vy can ask the Aulic Councillor questions or ask him for elaborations.”

Joren Ruthern: “Aulic Envoy. What are we doing about the voidal tear?”

Feodor May: “Aha, finally a dobry question.”

Joren Ruthern: “I see both Oren and Savoy are doing something.”

Feodor May: “First, I've sought to summon mages to His Majesty's court to inform him on the reality of this Voidal Tear. With that information in mind he has now recently ordered the expedition that sadly and horrifically claimed the life of Brother Vulmon.. May he rest in peace….”

Kaustantin Baruch: “He was an elf.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Ist ve voidal tear niet far away enough zwyen asere should niet worry?”

Otto Morovar: “I have a morals question, Kaustantin.”

Feodor May: “The next step, on which the Lord Palatine and I are working, is to organize a conference here in Karosgrad to which all nations shall be invited. Here we shall seek to take the lead in plotting a course of action with other nations. So keep an eye out for such.”

Rhys Ruthern: “We will have only five more Saint's minutes more set aside for this. If vy have a question, ea advise vy ask it quickly.”

Feodor May: “Does that answer vyr question, Lord Joren?”

Joren Ruthern: “Da.”

Eirik Baruch: “Ah've go' a question.”

Feodor May: “Go ahead.”

Eirik Baruch: “Aulic Envoy, ye are… also responsible for managin' the library? Ah'm hopin' tha' managemen' o' our library is niet… takin' time away from yer duties as Aulic Envoy.”

Joren Ruthern: “I have another question. What is the point of the non-aggression pacts, as well as our alliance with Urguan when they realistically come to few of our events, whilst we go to theirs? I propose we seek better relationships over half-hearted alliances.”

Feodor May: “Of course niet, Lord Eirik, of such vy can be assured.”

Joren Ruthern: “AND FURTHERMORE…. Lord Envoy, earlier in your career you made a park. I would like to ask for you to explain the rationale in putting your head as a statue there?”

Eirik Baruch: “Ah don' feel very assured jus' 'cause ye told me 'o' course niet'.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Please hurry this up, ea want to see mea cousin get married. And get on to consummate an heir to the Duchy.”

Eirik Baruch: “Kaustantin ah'm niet leavin' before Duma is over.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Last ea saw…. A statue of Koeng Sigismund III ist placed there.”

Robert Ludovar: “I don't see why his duties as Grand Maer has anything to do with his current duties as Aulic Envoy.”

Viktor Barclay: “He already got a bollocking for it.”

Feodor May: “I fully agree Lord Joren. Good relations are the basis of any good alliance and should therefore take priority. That is why the first action as Aulic Envoy for me has been a restructuring of our Ambassadorial directory.”

Joren Ruthern: “I will continue to ask these questions so that you can respond to them all one after another. How will this new alliance with Savoy be further advanced, and do we plan to continue our current alliance with Urguan concerning Urguan and Savoy are at odds?”

Feodor May: “Instead of one Ambassador being assigned to many places, I have chosen one Ambassador per location, so that they can focus all their attention on improving our relations with these places.”

Joren Ruthern: “I'm fully aware of how it works, Lord Envoy. One envoy for those nations which are realistically small, and have little going on.”

Robert Ludovar: “Vyr excellency, may we please move on from this debate?”

Rhys Ruthern: “The Aulic Envoy is now excused. Vy may leave vyr Excellency.”

Robert Ludovar: “Thank Godan.”

Feodor May: “I've spoken with both the Prince and Grand Koeng. While they do not get along well, I believe this can be smoothed over and it does not jeopardize our relation with either of them.”

Rhys Ruthern: “Bossir Ludovar, every EVERY Duma vy say that.”

Eirik Baruch: “Lord Ludovar, why do ye show up just t' complain abou' how long it's takin'? Just send a representative. Ye obviously don' wan' t' be here, so don' show up.”

Robert Ludovar: “I simply saw nie point in the debate in general.”

Feodor May: “Can you elaborate on your question of advancing our alliance with Savoy further?”

Rhys Ruthern: “Normally vy cause the delay - if vy say something like that one more time yam going to kick vy out.”

Viktor Barclay: “Lord Ludovar, come sit below me so I can kick you.”

Joren Ruthern: “Spasiba, Lord Envoy May, that does put me at ease. I hope that our alliances will now start to come to OUR events as well, as should be expected.”

Rhys Ruthern: “Order! We'll now be moving on.”

Joren Ruthern: “That is my main hope from questioning.”

Feodor May: “And I share both your hopes and concerns, Lord Joren, ea do.”

Rhys Ruthern: “We will now be discussing the Jura I Szlata reform proposal, presented by Lord Palatine Baruch.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Finally.”

Rhys Ruthern: “The chair now calls upon Lord Palatine Baruch to give their opening remarks.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Ea come before the Royal Duma once more with a new set to add to the Haurul Caezk, this time being the Rule of Nobility, in these trying times where nobility represent over HALF of the Kongzem's population, it is paramount that we, representatives of the Peoples of Hanseti-Ruska, approve this document to ensure that the lines for succession, ettiquette and hierarchy for nobility is in order. That is all.”

Joren Ruthern: “I was niet aware that there had been any agreement in the end from the position of the committee.”

Eirik Baruch: “In regards t' which parts, Lord Ruthern?”

Isaak Amador: “I vote da.”

Joren Ruthern: “Just in general. I wasn't sure how these committees work.”

Eirik Baruch: “While ah personally believe tha' the Crown has submitted this fer the Duma too quickly, ah think tha' just abou' everythin' we discussed was settled on in the committee… Except, was it… the size o' noble guards? And wha' term t' use fer them?”

Robert Ludovar: “Looking at this, only a County level is able to hold retainers?”

Joren Ruthern: “Da, I believe so. I would ask that, personally, this should be pushed back to where the committee is actually happy with it and has gone through.”

Eirik Baruch: “County level and above, Lord Ludovar. An' ah agree with Lord Ruthern. Can we motion t' table this bill until proper review by the committee?”

Joren Ruthern: “If niet, my suggestions are for law seven, remove that they must hold employment in one institution in the kongzem.”

Viktor Barclay: “I second Joren Ruthern.”

Joren Ruthern: “I second the Duke of Valwyck.”

Rhys Ruthern: “Is this what vy wish, Lord Palatine Baruch? Or do vy wish for the proposal to proceed to a vote in its current form?”

Eirik Baruch: “If we wish to sit and make amendments here, we can go alon' with tha' notion as well, depends on wha' the Lord Palatine wishes fer.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Ea'll give it five saints minutes fer the Duma to discuss probable amendments. Afterwards, we may motion to vote. Ea want to see mea cousin give an heir to the Duchy, so get along with it.”

Joren Ruthern: “I motion to table it till the next session, against the Lord Palatine.”

Robert Ludovar: “I've nie qualms with this bill.”

Rhys Ruthern: “All in favour of tabling this for next session, say Aye.”

Joren Ruthern: “Let the Committee do its proper work rather than sloppy legislation. Aye.”

Johann Barclay: “Aye.”

Eirik Baruch: “. . . Aye.”

Robert Ludovar: “Fine, aye.”

Vladrik Kortrevich: “Aye.”

Rhys vRuthern: “Vikomit Amador.”

Joren Ruthern: “He already voted aye. To just immediately saying yes.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “So be it, next session we shall vote fer it. Now let's get on with the bedding ceremony.”

Rhys Ruthern: “This will be tabled for next session.”

Jura I Szlata Reform Proposal

By The Crown

AYE

N/A

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

N/A

The Royal Duma has decided to table the Jura I Szlata Reform Proposal to be made at the next sitting.

Rhys Ruthern: “Does anyone else have anything to bring up before the Royal Duma is dismissed?”

Eirik Baruch: “Please come t' me weddin'.”

Rhys Ruthern: “Nie, dobry - Duma dismissed.”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 401 SITTING

On this 5th of Tov and Yermey, 401 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderman Barclay

Royal Alderwoman Decaden

Lord Palatine Baruch

IN ABSENTIA

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Morovar

Grand Maer Rorikov

Rhys var Ruthern: “Order! This setting of this 5th of Tov and Yermey 401 E.S session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall now come to order! Quorum has been achieved and the sitting shall now begin. We will now be discussing the Jura I Szlata Reforms, presented by Lord Palatine Baruch. The chair now calls upon Lord Palatine Baruch to give their opening remarks to the chamber.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Representatives of the Kingdom. In these times of great reform, one that I see has been copied by our southern neighbors in Oren, I bring to the Royal Duma, the refined Law of Nobility. This refined version should I note represents and highlights the hierarchy of noble titles, their strict privileges and linear succession laws. I must mention that this law reform went through.. Was reviewed and approved by the Haurul Caezk's committee for reform, headed by the Duke of Valwyck.”

Viktor Barclay: “On section XII, it states 'All nobles, whether titular or kin to a landed Lord, shall: Choose to elect a Champion to fight on their behalf in a Trial by Combat.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I didn't finish.”

Viktor Barclay: “Hurry up old man.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Royal Alderman, the floor has niet been opened yet for debate.”

Viktor Barclay: “I want to go back to Mount and Blade, Lord Speaker.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “And vy will if vy speak out of turn again.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I urge you all to take a long look over this document, it befalls much of the Kingdom's population. That is all.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The chairs now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Sigmar Mondblume: “Ea zpeek to amend zhe allowance of retainerz againzt zhe cadet houzez of Vizcount and Baron.” - “Zhe cadet houzez zhould be allowed retainerz az vell.”

Eirik Baruch: “Please speak in a way that we can understand, Lord Mondblume.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Cadet Houses cannot be classified as peers unless recognized by the Crown. 

Viktor Barclay: “Lord Mondblume, the committee of both noble and commoner has agreed on the allotment of vassal privileges… Kaustantin, I assume he just meant Viscounts and Barons, not the Cadet House part. I hope.”

Sigmar Mondblume: “Viscount and Barons.”

Viktor Barclay: “Then I repeat, Lord Mondblume, the committee of both noble and peer, lesser nobles and those of Duke and Count have agreed on the allotment of vassal privileges. It is the right of the highest nobility, those who contribute most to the Kingdom as nobles, to bear the right to raise and maintain a house guard. The current vassal privileges do not sufficiently divide the different noble classes, and this shall successfully do so.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Vy put that well… Barclay.”

Viktor Barclay: “Kaustantin, as I was saying, Section XII. It says, all nobles, whether titular or kin to a landed Lord, shall: Choose to elect a champion to fight on their behalf in a trial by combat.”

Sigmar Mondblume: “In zhe old law, houzez vere bozh able to have retainerz and azk for being accompanied by zomeone, now vizcountiez and baroniez are left vizh nozhing.”

Viktor Barclay: “Does this imply that they SHALL, or MUST, elect a Champion, or is this too implied? Should it too be changed to say they are ENTITLED to elect a champion?”

Eirik Baruch: “What does the word 'choose' mean, Viktor? Does it not imply a choice?”

Viktor Barclay: “Well, if I've misunderstood it, Lord Baruch, with my vast intelligence, I think it should be… edited slightly”

Eirik Baruch: “I have my doubts about your intelligence, but we can change it to 'be entitled to choose'.”

Dianna Decaden: “It does imply a choice, but that would be a choice in whom the champion should be, not if a champion shall be chosen.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “I find it deeply insulting you say that you are left with nothing, Baron Mondblume, refer to sections XII and XII to see your privileges that are not nothing.”

Sigmar Mondblume: “Ea revered to protection vize.”

Eirik Baruch: “Wha' need ye protect yerself from?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Prophecies.”

Eirik Baruch: “Nachezer? Scyflings?”

Dianna Decaden: “I suppose it would be bandits in general?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “House Mondblume was built on the might of Knights and Soldiers, Lord Mondblume, vy are the last person in this room ea think would need retainers in the family of vyrs.”

Eirik Baruch: “Bandits!? Have we not an army to deal with those?”

Viktor Barclay: “I believe most of us are in agreement. I motion to vote on an amended version of it, amended to say 'be entitled to choose' in the Trial by Combat section of section XII..”

Johann Barclay: “We do!”

Sigmar Mondblume: “Yam zorry, ea do niet personaly only zhink of mea family.”

Joren Ruthern: “House Mondblume doesn't even use its current ability for household guards. What makes it that they will suddenly now use them? Motion to vote, and if already done, seconded.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “It's enough, Mister Ruthern, thirded.”

Joren Ruthern: “Do niet seek to call me that does niet fit my station, Lord Baruch.”

Eirik Baruch: “Mister Ruthern?”

Kaustantin Baruch: “How could he niet be called Mister with that mustache?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Refer to him correctly, Lord Palatine Baruch. It's Lord Ruthern.”

-Joren Ruthern draws his sword-

[Royal Duma records redacted by the Royal Ministry of Intelligence]

-Joren Ruthern is escorted out of the Hall by Ser Flemius and Ser Erwin Bishop-

Sigmar Mondblume: “Now, az ea waz zaying.” - “Houses zuch az House Ludovar do infact uze guardz az a form of ezcort and protection. If zhou every perzon in a houze zhould be able to protect themzelvez from a group of banditz, zhen zhou are miztaken.”

Eirik Baruch: “Lord Mondblume, have some respect. A man is being arrested and another is injured.”

Sigmar Mondblume: “Oh.”

Eirik Baruch: “Da. Let's do the vote an' then call it off, aye?”

Viktor Barclay: “Lord Johann, please sit down. I just want to vote. F*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck.”

-Royal Alderman Barclay bashes his head repeatedly against the wall-

Rhys var Ruthern: “We shall now call a vote on the Jura I Szlata Reforms, if only for the Alderman’s health.”

Jura I Szlata Reform Proposal

By The Crown

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Bossir Morovar

Royal Alderman Barclay

Lord Palatine Baruch

NAY

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Royal Alderwoman Decaden

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Vikomit Amador

Grand Maer Rorikov

The Jura I Szlata Reforms Proposal has passed through the Royal Duma.

Eirik Baruch: “SUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!”

Viktor Barclay: “We can continue..”

Eirik Baruch: “Nay, Viktor, ah'd rather nae. Tha' is me cousin dyin'.”

Sigmar Mondblume: “Velp, ve are zcrewed.”

Margot Baruch: “Ah think yer bein' dramatic.”

Sigmar Mondblume: “Vaz a joke.” - “Zhiz iz vhy ea do niet tell zhem.”

Viktor Barclay: “Lord Speaker who is she representing”

-Royal Alderman Barclay points at Margot Baruch-

Eirik Baruch: “Kortrevich!”

Rhys var Ruthern: “In light of what has happened, this sitting will end here with one final note. There has been a new template made for the members of the Duma to bring up issues for discussion in this chamber instead of merely relying on the Crown to do so. I hope some of vy begin to use it: A Bill of Inquiry. And with that. . . Duma dismissed!”

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE 402 SITTING

On this 5th of Tov and Yermey, 402 E.S.

ROLL CALL

IN ATTENDANCE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

Grand Maer Rorikov

Lord Palatine Baruch

IN ABSENTIA

Royal Alderman Barclay

Royal Alderwoman Decaden

Rhys var Ruthern: “Order! This sitting of this 5th of Tov and Yermey 402 E.S session of His Majesty's Royal Duma shall now come to order. Quorum has been achieved and the sitting shall now begin. We will now be discussing a matter of diplomacy, presented by the Aulic Envoy.”

Theodosya Mondblume: “Apologies for the delay - yam here to represent House Mondblume.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “What vyr time in future, Lady Mondblume.”

Theodosya Mondblume: “Yam szam once more.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “The chair now calls upon His Excellency Feodor May to give their opening remarks.”

Feodor May: “Ladies and gentlemen of the Duma, I appear before vy today for vy to voice vyr thoughts on a matter of diplomacy. As enshrined in the Haurul Caezk the Duma has the privilege to vote on foreign treaties. I just came out of a meeting with the Ambassador and Lord Chancellor from Urguan, who wish to sign with us a new alliance since our old one has expired. An aide shall now extend copies of the proposed treaty. Do note, this treaty already has the approval of the Lord Palatine and His Royal Majesty.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “It does… da….”

Feodor May: “It is mostly based on our previous alliance with Urguan, with a provision for mutual event attendance having been added based on the Duma's previous criticism on our alliance with the dwarves. Spasiba, those were the opening remarks.”

Robert Ludovar: “Lord Speaker, has unmoderated debate started I assume?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Oh, da. Go ahead, Bossir Ludovar. The chair opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Isaak Amador: “Is their war with Oren over?”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Ea would niet be surprised, Dwarves kick ass”

Feodor May: “I do not believe so, but the treaty does not obligate us to answer a call to arms and I believe the dwed do not intend to involve us in the matter as it is an Honour War.”

Margot Baruch: “Nie. The new Emperor said himself tha' they still plan t' figh'.”

Theodosya Mondblume: “There was a fight on the steps to Providence the other saint's day, nie?”

Robert Ludovar: “Vyr Excellency, relating to Section I Piya, subsection IV, have we ever properly used a free stall in Urguan?”

Margot Baruch: “We currently have one. A shop, actually.”

Robert Ludovar: “And vice versa as well, have the Dwed used their free stall?”

Feodor May: “We own a shop in Urguan as a matter of fact, da. The treasury has however done a mediocre job of stocking it, but that is nothing to do with treaties, merely laziness.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “May ea remind this chamber how Urguan and Haense have been static allies fer a long time and how much of a fickle human diplomacy can prove to be.”

Johann Barclay: “Nein reason to nicht continue alliance, especially with the added thing about attendance.”

Robert Ludovar: “It's a matter of activity rather than actually having it, is all. I want to ensure that the slot of diplomacy is niet getting in the way of a new fresh and young merchant. That's my only main concern here.”

Johann Barclay: “Motion to vote.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Seconded.”

Feodor May: “Da, in the current diplomatic climate, Urguan would be a key partner for Haense. Our alliance has been stable for decades while other relations, say with Savoy have proven to be shaky at best.”

Margot Baruch: “Thirded.”

-Jordan Cardinal Jorenus enters the chamber-

Jordan Cardinal Jorenus: “Lord Speakeh!”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Da, vyr Eminence?”

Jordan Cardinal Jorenus: “This is an outrage! We cannae - as good Canonists - support a nation which harbours terrorists! Terrorists which 'ave attacked clergymen - an' which manipulate Canonists into attackin' their own brothahs! His Holiness 'as admonished Urguan fer such - oi cannae see why Haense even considahs allyin' with such barbarians!”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Spasiba for vyr words, vyr Eminence. Yam sure the chamber will take them to heart.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Ag was ist ve alternative? Allying with Oren ag relying on Savoy?”

Margot Baruch: “Yer Holiness, if ye read the proposed treaty, ye would see tha' concerned outlined.”

Robert Ludovar: “Eminence”

Margot Baruch: “Aye, ma bad.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Quiet, Eminence.”

Otto Morovar: “I've seen alongside the Lord Ruthern-” The man peered around for his presence, “The Dwed do niet wish to have their conflict be deemed a holy war- they allowed clergy men and anyone of the faith to leave their conflict freely.”

-Ambassador Gildroc Goldhand speaks out from the galleries-

Gildroc Goldhand: “Lord Speakah.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Silence for now. Let us hear what the dwed has to say.”

Gildroc Goldhand: “Fank yer. Oi onleh 'ave a few wurds, jus' ter re-iterated as der treateh declares. Our war is wid Oren, naet wid der Canonis' C'urch.”

Robert Ludovar: “If there is simply an agreement of respect of both cultures, be it the clergymen of those religions don't cause aggression, then I see nie reason why we should niet continue this strong standing alliance. I say we motion to vote once more, Lord Speaker.”

Margot Baruch: “Seconded.”

Theodosya Mondblume: “Seconded.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Does anyone in the chamber have anything to add before we proceed to a vote? Motion accepted. The vote will now commence.”

Treaty Between the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska and the Grand Kingdom of Urguan Proposal

By The Crown

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

Grand Maer Rorikov

Lord Palatine Baruch

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Royal Alderman Barclay

Royal Alderwoman Decaden

A Treaty Between the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska and the Grand Kingdom of Urguan Proposal has passed through the Royal Duma.

Rhys var Ruthern: “We will now be discussing the Property Bill of 402 E.S, presented by Bossir Ludovar. The chair now calls upon Robert Ludovar to give their opening remarks to the chamber.”

Robert Ludovar: “Lord Speaker, This bill is a part of a bigger project the Ludovar Foundation has been working on together with the Grand Maer, Dracomir Rorikov, aiming to solve the shops crisis in Karosgrad. The bill tries to define under what conditions may one claim or pass down a property, and on what conditions may they be evicted. That is all for now, Lord Speaker.”

Johann Barclay: “Nothing wrong with it, motion to vote.”

Margot Baruch: “Seconded.”

Robert Ludovar: “Mind you, this is an advisory motion to the Crown, and therefore an official bill with laws will be made within the newly reformed Haural Caezk.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Motion accepted. We will now proceed to a vote.”

The Property Bill of 402 E.S.

By The Crown

AYE

Herzen Baruch

Herzen Ruthern

Komit Barclay

Komit Kortrevich

Vikomit Amador

Bossir Ludovar

Bossir Mondblume

Bossir Morovar

Grand Maer Rorikov

Lord Palatine Baruch

NAY

N/A

ABSTAIN

N/A

ABSENT

Royal Alderman Barclay

Royal Alderwoman Decaden

The Property Bill of 402 E.S has passed through the Royal Duma.

Rhys var Ruthern: “This now brings us onto the letter sent by His Majesty, Koeng Sigismund, himself. Yam sure vy have all seen but it will be passed out regardless.”

-Maxim of Attenlund distributes a copy to every peer and elected official-

Rhys var Ruthern: “The Koeng wishes for debate on what role the Church should play in our society and how the Crown could help it more to be discussed. The chair now opens the floor for unmoderated debate.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “Ea will start.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Vell- perhaps attendance va ve Church- Mandatory.”

Kaustantin Baruch: “This is one of Godan's realms and yet ea often ask meaself the question if our piety reflects our actions. In doing so, to promote our liveliness with the heavenly product of above we ought to question the loyalty we deem to our Lord, how much we share his wisdom and teachings into our law in a moderated level. Ea'll ask the Royal Duma whether it thinks the Haurul Caezk represents the holy book.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Nie- Naf mea short time here- naf ve Royal Duma- Ea have nie heard much consideration dlumb ve teachings dlum ve Church into asere law.”

Margot Baruch: “Can ye please speak more clearly?”

Isaak Amador: “What else would vy wish to see added, Maer?”

Sofiya vas Ruthern: “What did vy say, Maer?”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Jest commenting on mea time here- ea have nie heard much about ensuring ve Church's teachings are present in our law- But ea am rather new to ve Hall.”

Isaak Amador: “My question stands, Maer, what else would vy like to see added? There are already laws of morality, against homosexuality, inter-racial marriages, heresy. The same morality provisions included in most law codes in the world.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Da, perhaps then ve laws already represent our believes. My only suggestion would be classes for the kin of Haense, so they grow up well educated on such teachings- enforced perhaps.”

Theodosya Mondblume: “Like a mandatory mass, Maer?”

Isaak Amador: “Mandatory anything is bad. I doubt the Pontiff would want that.”

Robert Ludovar: “I don't think such is needed in our Haural Caezk, rather something that should be set up by the educational system.”

Isaak Amador: “Da. It seems there are many people who claim to be Canonists, yet have niet read the Holy Scrolls.”

Robert Ludovar: “Lord Speaker, I motion to vote.”

Isaak Amador: “Or knowing the basic teachings of the Church.”

Dracomir Rorikov: “Ai! Precisely.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “There is nie vote, Bossir Ludovar.”

Isaak Amador: “Faith without action is meaningless, sirs. Piety is niet felt, but shown. Increasing teaching of the faith, perhaps to be organized by the Queen's Council in coordination with Patriarch Jordan, would be a good first step. So people in our kingdom know what being a Canonist means.”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Spasiba, Vikomit Amador. Does anyone have anything else to add?”

Robert Ludovar: “I don't think so, may we please move on?”

Rhys var Ruthern: “Bossir Ludovar, vyr testing my patience. Again. Duma dismissed.”

Johann Ludovar took the transcript, proudly reading through it wishing to see how the Duma he sadly could not attend go. Suddenly the Jovenaars' eyes widened "Isaak Amador?" He blinked reading the name of the fellow Jovenaar on the transcript "Aren't we as Jovenaars niet allowed to take a part in Duma?" He raised a brow, looking to his father