The Eastern Winds Call

UnBaed

Spoiler

NvIS6ISbPeUMUqjGluoY86Mbo_yFnvhRdXwgrzxD1bMQRmZrzhQYm2jsvL6xKn2oJmDqNWvfrlqZf2xHW9WIDaEnpL3gny2cSASYfmuyfwSkKNIuXr-ppm-l-RTa8INqqIp6sGAM

[By Jack T. Cole]

The following is a public letter sent all throughout Almaris

It is found in all corners of the continent and even off the mainland, addressing the rulers of the realm.

To the rulers of the greater and smaller nations of Almaris, the eastern winds call to you.  It is a foreboding howl, a pained moan let out from the very essence of our world; I speak of the plagued and tainted lands of the south-eastern mainland of Almaris, the land which has been warped and malformed in the cataclysmic destruction of Ando Alur; the city which grasped a power too great for themselves that the weight of its burden casted their city out from the skies and tore a hole in the veil of our reality.

Like any tear that isn’t mended or tended to, it spreads and it grows.

Many are filled with a nagging sense of wonder and curiosity to explore the transformed terrain of the east to see what powers can be harnessed.  Some may regard the land with caution and fear and demand for it to remain untouched and soon left forgotten as an old curse.  Others may strive to understand what they can to determine solutions to containing the threats that lurk closer to the blast zone.

Whatever an individual’s desires may be to this corrupted land, the descendents should not be scattered in their strategies in tackling the foul mysteries of the east.  Whatever information that is gathered should be made prevalent and regarded similarly to how our predecessors joined together to thwart the Inferi which invaded our realm.  A joint effort of the nations must be made to ensure this corruption does not leak further across our realm, lest our fates become like that of our ancestors in the lands of Axios; the destruction of Johannesburg left a similar mark on the world.  It went untreated and it festered, it drove everyone from their lands and killed those who remained.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I address His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Philip II of Oren, and Her Excellency, Archchancellor Josephine Augusta.

@BenevolentManacles@VIROS

We must act now, if we do not wish for this voidal plague to spread further into our country.  Like a flea, it is a problem that will always remain and gnaw away at us.  We may have been fortunate to not have our lands suffer as severely as the others, yet the threat remains as large as ever.  Not to mention how we remain in darkness in knowing how the sea had been affected with the cataclysm, on what horrors may now lurk in those depths; there is no telling when they will come to Henry’s Wharf or affect the rest of sealife.

Therefore, I urge for an effort to be made both within the Empire and to the nations unfortunate enough to have this plague seep into their borders too.  We are placed at the front lines of this struggle, we cannot be the soldier that falters. 

The Void is a fickle and mysterious realm; it is everything and it is nothing all at once, and a center of chaotic energies.  How Voidal Wizards are able to harness these energies is by understanding the potential properties of “what could be” and having it evoked to our own (and far more stable) realm to then be manipulated by their own might.

With this tear made in the veil, it is my educated guess that this chaotic energy now pours into our realm and remains uncontrolled by any capable wizard or sorcerer.  It leaves the possibilities of what can take shape and life in those decaying lands open for one’s mind to wander, though I believe there is a chance for us to be able to form a more firm understanding of the Void’s nature once its powers enter our world - for it is forced to combine and become diluted with the more tame energies of our own reality.

I offer my wisdom to the Crown.  Despite my youth now, I have grown up surrounded by magical and scholarly practices and pursuits.  From the ages of six to fifteen, I had frequented the City of Ando Alur given that my foster family’s hold in Vasiyeva was nearby.  I had been the apprentice to my grandmother, who managed the city’s grand archives - and soon came to inherit the collection of books myself.  From my diligent work as a child; to the variety of wizards, elves, and scholars I encountered while growing up; to then pursuing my own studies of various otherworldly powers and their connection to the energies of our realm. . . I would like to think I have developed a firm understanding of the nature and laws of our reality.

Please heed my warning; do not underestimate the chaos of the Void nor the threat this tear in the veil possesses to all of us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her Ladyship, Anna “Moliana” Elizaveta Tuvyic, Baroness of Woldzmir

"Ahem -- Void. BAD."

A particular man stated, his features grinning behind the steel mask he bore. Afterwards, he bowed towards the man, before decreeing such;

"That is all."

Claude Élisabeth receives the missive from a courier designated to the office of Civil Affairs as she journals the recent events of Providence, a burdened sigh on her lips in being interrupted. Nevertheless, the urgency of the courier's entrance has her cast her work aside momentarily. As she finalizes the portion directed to the Emperor and his Chancellery, her eyes mount a fraught wariness. Balmy fingers conjoin to form the lorraine cross over the madame's chest, beginning a soft prayer:

"Let the fire of Owyn decimate the enemies of the descendants, those who would tear us from the faith of GOD. Let our Emperor, pious of bone and marrow, lead us from these trying times. Amen."

In the next few days, Claude would be seen in the library of the Providence Museum investigating voidal activities.

The Duchess of Adria would read her daughter's public plea from within her apartment, gaze cast sidelong out the window. She could see citizens milling about upon the various avenues, from her place of comfort and safety. How soon, she thought, could this danger end their blissful ignorance if they did not address this issue head on? The Princess dared not leave any room for them to find out.

Charlotte knew, atleast, that she could not return to the woman she had been. A promise had been made to her child, to set aside fear for bravery. And so the Duchess would steel herself to their reality, for her family and her people.

One Dark Lord leaned forward to pick up one of the missives that had found its way to him from the wind, leaning upon his cane as his cold emerald stare scanned its contents. His lips perked to the side, and a huff of amusement escaped his nostrils. The man would fold the missive, tucking it into his pocket before limping away.

On the Eastfleet hilltops spared from disaster, a man watches the land across shift and warp. If it was even land anymore. It left an unease in him, not unlike the dread he had felt in the western forests. He makes his way back home, and on the path he comes across the missive. It inspired no comfort, no relief. He knew none capable of repelling a threat like this, but still he tucks the note safe into his pocket. There was much unexplained, and the man understood faith would be necessary.

Javier de Pelear released a sigh as he picked up the missive and walked to the edge of his estate that was Arenisca. There, he saw the voidal mess that the destruction of Ando Alur had caused, and he knew that should nothing be done, the Hyspian people under his rule would suffer first.

"Mierda...we must act now, and we must act reasonably. If this is not dealt with, Hyspians will again go without a home to call their own."

With that, the aging Baron summoned his new council, and began to draft up plans for how best to combat this voidal horror.

A single figure ruminated by himself atop a hill, against a tree which bore no fruit.  He was accompanied by four dogs and they were mangey muts, but they were the first to have met him in his arrival to this strange land.  They would follow him for some reason he did not know, but they looked out together and he would wonder in thought about the world and it's undying cycle.  "This. . . This is what I fear."  

A mali'ker stood on a hill near the blighted land that was once Ando alur with his hands folded behind his back, a grim expression on his face, he dreaded at the distorted wasteland, as it was ever encroaching on one of the few safehavens for Mali'ker, and of Urguan. "First business should be to aid those places closest to this imminent threat, such as the Stygian Hollow and Urguan. They would be affected first."

Rhaella Ashwood would hear of it's approach to the Hollow.. "I knew it would be a problem the moment that city rose into the sky..." She wanted to be angry, very angry, both at the citizens of the once floating city and at the Syllars who helped found it. For some reason though, she could not be angry, instead she felt worry for not only her newfound home but for the children she would be bringing into this voidal mess within the coming months.. Rhaella remembered her experience with the Voidal Terrors as a child, yet all she wished for now as an adult was an escape from such a thing..

The Vice-Chancellor of the Orenian Empire is handed the missive, letting out an audible "Hmm" at the situation before one of the Chancellery attendants brings his morning tea. 

He calls for some parchment, and begins to pen a letter.