NameMC'd Wanted Posters: Why Nobody wants to Roleplay with You

Unwillingly

12 minutes ago, ᴜɴᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ said:

I’d also like to clarify that I’m not trying to ***** on behalf of the people who don’t care to have their skins screenshotted.

speak for yourself; I am

yo post the good bounty threads as examples (mine) (i want rep) +1 tho

dane-larocque-personalwork-greatbison.jpg?1596390710

Guard 357 approaches the victim.
Victim 981 cries out, “I was almost attacked!”
Guard 1024 asks, “What did he look like?”
Victim 981 replies, “Big donk, blue eyes, two big hornys, & a lot of fur!”
[LOOC] Player357: what was the person’s MC name?
[LOOC] Player981: gaiusmarius8

Banter aside, I support the discussion around this.

good timing on this post, im wanting to see how fast i can get a bounty on one of my persona's head as of late

genuine metagaming for **** like that 

it actually does nothing but contribute to protagonist and [redacted][redacted]14 mentality that conflict is inherently negative and always meant to be won, that you can straight up just brand metagaming as okay because "oh well i would describe it better in rp"

namemc screenshots, ingame screenshots, used in forum threads are blatant metagaming and are such a bland, negative experience for everyone involved but the person who's oocly bothered enough to try and pass it

you don't have to make some drawing, you dont have to commission someone, you dont have to do any of that to make a wanted poster or something similar, granted i give huge props to the one or two folks who have done that in recent history

a good description, maybe use indicators, mannerisms, tells, some descriptor that can make them stand out. villainy, bounty hunting, so on, shouldn't be a taboo- its a cancer that permeates in such a hyper-defensive nation, playergoup, or so on, mentality that is a leading factor as to why conflict is such a struggle on this server

funny meme, remember that scene in game of thrones when Tyrion is wanted and they put up a bounty, and people just keep bringing in beheaded blonde-haired dwarves that vaguely look like him?

i don't think we'll ever have a scenario like that since almost every character on the server has individualistic aspects that make them interesting, but, meh

recently when i was irply searching for a character, i was asked for the person's OOC name so they could /seen them, or look them up on logs

☹️

describing a person that has some distinction or unique aspect in their skin isn't too hard ...right? except for orenian women, they all look the same.

1 hour ago, SquakHawk said:

i don't think we'll ever have a scenario like that since almost every character on the server has individualistic aspects that make them interesting, but, meh

this is kinda the reason why namemc screenshots are not necessary
but unironically this did happen to me, where i got mistaken for another criminal so i, a random dude, got mixed up in this huge crime scheme for something i didnt do and it was p fun to get mixed up in all of it

Edited by Xx_BloodStalk_xX
NOT NECESSARY****

yeah honestly this bugged me when I was doing MoJ roleplay. constables would just ask for a MC username instead of asking people for a description, which sounds like metagaming with extra steps. should actually have to sketch characters in MS paint, for the hilarity of it

The MoJ discord used to have a chat called #wanted or #bountyboard or something with just namemc screenshots and player names

Tbh I favor just getting rid of wanted posters on the forums and make people actually set out a bounty in character, I don't see anything useful with the namemc wanted posters 

Yo the funniest **** was when I got attacked on my dark elf for being a "wanted villain" and they were in fact after my wood elf character

15 hours ago, monkeypoacher said:

should actually have to sketch characters in MS paint, for the hilarity of it

Unironically, this should be the rule. It doesn't take that long to emote writing a sketch of the described person, doing a shitty drawing on ms paint and calling it a day. Makes it funnier too, as monkeypoacher said.