What do players think of Almaris and it's events from the past year?

JuztLizzy

Hello there! A lot of you who may read this might not know me, I'm Lizzy, just ya regular ol’ LoTC obsessed player. I'm so obsessed, that I’ve barely taken a break from the server in the past year and a half that I've been on, as I think most of you have as well :)

As The newest map reaches it’s first year of being out, I’ve become curious as to what the playerbase thinks about it so far. So, if you would like to, you can direct yourself to the replies and speak your minds! The purpose of this post is just to get people’s opinions and see what they like or would want to be improved! Have fun and remember everyone can have a different opinion, so please be nice to each other!

Anyways, that's all from me, have fun! And Happy early birthday to Almaris!!

Nothing memorable has actually happened here other than your typical rp. I don’t seem to recall many events we’ve had like one war this map and it’s such a big map it’s always inactive everywhere.

Outside of specially garnered content (ST and player ran alike), I have not been impressed. I have enjoyed conflict that has been primarily RP-based, like small proxy wars and faction conflict; however, the raids from a few months ago that had little-to-no purpose other than PVP banditry have soured my taste. I'm disappointed to see it returning. I have not been affected by its return yet. I am thankful for that.

Overall, a 5/10.

the map itself is difficult to find places to build on. It’s very hilly, and mountains are literally everywhere, so that makes it difficult. I also find that apparent in small wars and pvp battles. The builds on the server already are nice, and a lot of work and effort has been put into them. I feel like there have been events based on places individually like Ando Alur and what is happening there now as well as their sky city, ect. Yong Ping had their tsunami. I have been on this map for almost a full year, and my only frustration is that exploring, is very difficult off path. Horses make it easier, but if you are trying to roleplay with someone, there is not anything easy about traveling, or exploring. The same can be said for various nodes scattered among the map, hard to reach and find in many cases, almost impossible unless you have plenty of spare time to wander around. 

I wish there was a big event, across all of the map that could bring players together. I think war is great in some circumstances but in terms of actually activity in bringing people together. Something that impacted maybe a few areas, like a quake, which brings down some places. Another thing is old builds. There are a lot of old cities and places to explore, however majority of the map is not active. 

I was a new player on this map, and the first thing I had done, was travel to every place I could find. Sadly, the only ones at the time with real activity I saw, were Ando Alur, Haense and Norland, and Oren at that time. 
I feel like, there are truly only a few places that are accepting of new players, as well as continuously active, and I wish we could bring roleplay to other parts of the map, that maybe aren’t so active, less on a nation basis but more of a community as a whole. 

map 5/10

I honestly can't remember the last time we've had a major war that amounted to anything, since like Atlas...

The only major change in Almaris since map launch has been new settlements getting built here and there. There’s been no significant wars and no eventlines impacting any significant portion of the server at once.

At least Arcas had a real history to it, as mediocre as that map felt at times. Almaris doesn’t really have much history yet and might not get one until another year has passed.

👎 Try harder next time staff.

Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Please ******* start work on the new map NOW. And work with the playerbase to make it not so ****. Don't wait for a year to start ****, idc if you wanted this map to last years and years when it was made, it's so ******* ****, just work on a new map ASAP so we can switch ASAP. Thanks.

A string of bad occurrences all falling on Almaris has left a pretty sour taste in most people's mouth I think. I hate to be just another staff shitter because it's such a broken record, but I really think Admins dropped the ball on enabling conflict and ST really should have followed through on the energy from Inferi to give some engaging map storylines ('they're coming' can't be an excuse, we've been on Almaris too long for there not to have been SOMETHING before Ando). 

Roleplay is what you make of it is more true now than it ever was. I've been able to have fun through character relationships, but its wasy for people to become disillusioned right now.

almaris definitely follows the trend of every new map being worse than the last, but atleast it looks pretty, right?

im so tired of this "walk fifty years to where you're tryna go only to arrive to a ghost town because nobody wants to walk all the way there - but look at our pretty forests and builds arent they awesome :3333"

it's wild that every map that came after the failure "temp" map that was vailor is a significantly worse experience than vailor, like didn't they get that map off of fkn planetminecraft lmfao

Edited by _hexe_

Say what you will, but I'm glad that events such as Ando-Lur occurred naturally. I hope we can all work together to make engaging storylines. 

I have only ever played on this map as I started on this server in January, but I will say that the events are definitely not what kept me here at the start. The people in the community I'm part of were the defining reason I stuck around, and in all honesty, the events and the map were one of the weaker parts of my time so far.

To start, the map has been criminally misused by ST, apart from Ando Alur and it's surroundings. For a world full of different creatures, races, magic, flora and so on, there is quite honestly **** all to make it feel like that or set it apart. I wanna feel like I'm walking in a proper fantasy world, not the Mount and Blade Warband overview map if it was made in minecraft.

Secondly, the events I have been involved in have suffered from a lack of consequence or legacy. Think of the civil war in Skyrim between the Stormcloaks and Imperials. Yeah, there's battles you take part in during it, but afterwards, what really changes? Maybe a few people die, but apart from one thing besides the Ando Alur collapse, I can not remember a time the world really changed.

On top of those, the events that have happened have burned me and a lot of other people out, especially in Haense, where there was crp eventline (Rimetroll) followed by crp eventline (Attenlund expedition) followed by crp eventline (Nachezer threat) one after the other. While a crp war is nice every now and then, it makes no sense from a roleplay or enjoyment sense to have these constant threats you need to take 3 or more hours out of your Saturday night for.

But these events only keep coming because the ST as a whole has failed to provide a compelling world storyline so far. We are likely halfway through the map, and the fact that so little has happened map story wise concerning more than one or two nations is ridiculous. Yes, it is up to us as players to provide rp too, but only ST have the power to create and run meaningful eventlines that truly affect the world other than a nation being like 'oh no!' for a month or two, and they really need to start devising a plan for a map eventline of some sort otherwise this map will go down as a **** one at the end of it.